Face Unlock More Secure

1. Estinvilla
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2019

Estinvilla , Jul 29, 2019 :
    I've heard that the face unlock can be tripped with a simple picture of the device admins face. So I thought it'd be cool if OnePlus could add face unlock gestures such as Raising Eyebrows, Blinking, Smiling, The flare of nostrils lol, etc. Anyways I'd love to hear what people think about this. Hopefully we can see some sort of implementation on OnePlus' part.

2. Estinvilla
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2019

bjsu562 likes this.
  3. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Jul 29, 2019

Horsault , Jul 29, 2019 :
    As already repeated countless times, face unlock is a convenience, not a security feature.

4. Estinvilla
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2019

Estinvilla , Jul 29, 2019 :
    First time seeing that. But just cause it's a convenience doesn't mean it should stop there.

5. DaKNIGHT
    Froyo Jul 30, 2019

DaKNIGHT , Jul 30, 2019 :
    It's a nice idea ..
    But does that mean you will avoid getting your photos clicked with eyebrows raised or nostrils flared ? :p
    just a thought

Estinvilla likes this.
  6. Estinvilla
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2019

Estinvilla , Jul 30, 2019 :
    Very true, I see your point, but the answer is yes, what I'm thinking is that the Face Unlock would basically record the motion of your face doing the specific action, observing the travel of your face going from one state to another(ex. Blinking, your eyes going from open to shut, then back to open again). It then, verifies that there isn't just a still lifeless photo bypassing the lock and unlocks the phone.

DaKNIGHT likes this.
  7. DaKNIGHT
    Froyo Jul 30, 2019

DaKNIGHT , Jul 30, 2019 :
    That would be really nice implementation.
    have you forwarded this idea in the feedback section to add such a feature ....
    highly recommend you do that
    cheers

Estinvilla likes this.
  8. Estinvilla
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2019

Estinvilla , Jul 30, 2019 :
    Will do. Pretty new to this forum so still testing the waters, but as soon as the idea popped up, I knew I had to share it so hopefully it can gain some traction.