Face Unlock not working

1. Theja_neo
    Donut May 23, 2018

Theja_neo , May 23, 2018 :
    I have just bought One plus 6 and enabled the face unlock. It's working fine but even if you swipe it's getting unlocked. My friends tried and as soon if you swipe the screen it gets unlocked.
    Is this a piece problem or a common issue for entire One plus 6

2. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow May 23, 2018

MentalDraco , May 23, 2018 :
    Are smart lock options enabled ?

bilalh46 and Nezumi_ like this.
  3. Rishabhgoel
    Cupcake May 23, 2018

4. Theja_neo
    Donut May 23, 2018

Yes everything is turned on properly. Without my face facing towards the camera, just a swipe and its getting unlocked.

5. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow May 23, 2018

Disable smart lock

Nezumi_ likes this.
  6. ARUN_03
    Cupcake May 23, 2018

ARUN_03 , May 23, 2018 :
    I have just bought One plus 6 and enabled the face unlock. It's working fine. But even if you just swipe phone is getting unlocked. My friends tried and as soon she swiped the screen it gets unlocked.
    Is this a piece problem or a common issue for entire One plus 6.???

This is a very serious security issue. If just swipe unlocks the phone then there is no point in having face unlock/fingerprint unlock[e]1f621[/e][e]1f620[/e][e]1f62d[/e][e]1f62d[/e]
    Really bad experience with One Plus.

7. Rishabhgoel
    Cupcake May 23, 2018

MatDey and MentalDraco like this.
  8. ArmataReloaded
    Jelly Bean May 23, 2018

ArmataReloaded , May 23, 2018 :
    It's not a security issue, it's a user issue.

Nonetheless, face unlock was never mentioned as secure.

9. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow May 23, 2018

No problem, it was a very common issue for 5T users as well. I would call it unsecured lock not smart lock :3

G_Mr_.... and Rishabhgoel like this.
  10. Theja_neo
    Donut May 23, 2018

Thank you so much, it worked.But don't you think both should work simaltaneously.

G_Mr_.... and MentalDraco like this.
  11. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow May 23, 2018

Well they work but smartlock has stuff like on body detection and location unlock, etc. and those override the phones lock. That's its job, but it can make it very insecure. Not much you can do about it, except disabling it.

G_Mr_...., 0ri and Nezumi_ like this.
  12. anishtalan
    Cupcake May 23, 2018

anishtalan , May 23, 2018 :
    very simple please disable the on body detection function. it will get locked and can only be uncloked either by pattern or by face detection.

13. M0RFIQ
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2018

M0RFIQ , Jun 4, 2018 :
    i configured face unlock it was not working properly initially, then i removed and re added problem became worse, 7 out of 10 times it doesnt open, finger print also many times not working, says locked by admin only option is pattern which even basic $50 mobiles can do

14. sathy.narayanan60
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2018

sathy.narayanan60 , Jun 4, 2018 :
    I'm facing an Issue with my face unlock. Here is my Scenario:
    When my friend tries to unlock my mobile with his face (It says face is not recognized) and ideally when at the next moment I see the Front camera it should unlock, But it doesn't doing it, for unlocking I should once again tap on Power button, after which it is getting unlocked. @oneplus6_team should take this as a feedback/ suggestion.

15. Gav_W86
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Jun 4, 2018

Gav_W86 , Jun 4, 2018 :
    They do work simultaneously. One or other of the features will be doing the unlocking (normally the Smart Lock feature as they are so general). Unless you mean you want them to work in series, ie both to be required for unlock to happen.

16. Gav_W86
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Jun 4, 2018

Gav_W86 , Jun 4, 2018 :
    do you have a company email account on the device?

17. M0RFIQ
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2018

M0RFIQ , Jun 5, 2018 :
    Yes i had but even after removing it i am seeing the same issue, what apps do you exactly mean?

18. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 5, 2018

elanglois , Jun 5, 2018 :
    Not much people can do about people enabling convenience features on the phone, ignoring all the warning and descriptions about how it works, and then complaining that the phone doesn't lock.

Let's see. If you enable unlock by location, it won't lock at the house. If unlocked by BT devices, then it doesn't lock when connected to that device. On-body detection prevents it from being locked if you are still carrying the phone - you have to set it down and let it sit before it locks.

Why do we have so many people that create new threads over this?

MentalDraco likes this.
  19. 404.php
    Honeycomb Jun 5, 2018

404.php , Jun 5, 2018 :
    If you guys care about security, don't use this feature. Use a 6 digit PIN or password instead.

20. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Jun 5, 2018

MentalDraco , Jun 5, 2018 :
    It is the beginning of the end, this is a sign that the almighty Cthulhu is rising.

elanglois likes this.