1. Ravi Rajan
    Donut Aug 8, 2020

Bongzerker and GeraldR like this.
  2. Himanshuchamoli
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2020

3. Mhand
    Froyo Aug 9, 2020

Mhand , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 9, 2020 :
    How to uninstall system app or any app without having rooted?
    1) Connect your phone via USB
    2) Turn android debugging on
    3) Go to android shell using $ adb shell

how to remove apps now

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.services
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.system

Note: with each OTA update you will have to redo these operations.

Ravi Rajan likes this.
  4. pabykhatra
    Froyo Aug 9, 2020

Bongzerker and GeraldR like this.
  5. H1570404834155
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

H1570404834155 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    it's shame One Plus it's following the other effin sheep's. ALL FOR THE SAKE OF MORE MONEY!!!!! I currently own a 7 pro and was considering jumping into the 8 pro but after numerous articles in XDA and other sites I'll pass this one until they decide to listen to US the consumer. They don't realize that s company it's a strong as the loyalty their customers develop.

Bongzerker likes this.
  6. Bongzerker
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

Bongzerker , Aug 10, 2020 :
    I was going to order a OnePlus 8 tonight before I stumbled upon this information. Thank God this happened before I wasted my money. Will not be buying another OnePlus device unless this changes, I do not want Facebook or Facebook services anywhere near my data, even if they can be uninstalled or disabled. This is a huge breach of trust and a destruction of the OnePlus brand. I liked OxygenOS because it was as bloat-free as you could get without buying a Pixel but I guess that's changing now. OnePlus is really set on adopting the worst practices of Samsung and other brands. Looks like Pixels are the last surviving Android phone that still offers consumer choice, it's a shame Google is so bad at designing and selling them. I bet you next OnePlus will be locking the bootloader. I'm not playing this game anymore with companies, I simply won't purchase new flagship phones if this is the way things continue to head. If a $50 Chinese phone has the same amount of bloat and spyware as a $1000 one, what's the point anymore? Signed, a previous customer who bought the OnePlus 7 Pro at launch.

Ravi Rajan likes this.
  7. Bongzerker
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

Bongzerker , Aug 10, 2020 :
    It's not like it just started. First it was Netflix, but most people didn't complain because almost everybody uses Netflix. Now they try to push another popular (but very problematic) app on their customers and the sheep are eating it up once again.

Sorry, but being able to disable something is not the same as being able to remove it. And I don't want to use ADB commands or a custom ROM on a phone I just bought.

GeraldR likes this.