Facebook App not working with Oxygen OS 2.1 (Possible workaround included)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejnayan
    Donut Oct 9, 2015

suhridkhan likes this.
  2. TheLaama
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2015

TheLaama , Oct 9, 2015 :
    finally got my hands today to OP2 and when I just downloaded all my apps to the phone I noticed that FB is not working for me :( well hopefully they will fix this soon

3. prasathp3
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2015

prasathp3 , Oct 9, 2015 :
    Use the app called Metal. Itz a overlay for the fb site and works great.

It doesn't hog memory like the native fb app.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015

4. anu_ahmed89
    Donut Oct 9, 2015

anu_ahmed89 , Oct 9, 2015 :
    I had the same issue with my One plus 2, just follow these steps...it worked for me.

REBOOTING PHONE IN SAFE MODE & THEN REBOOTING NORMALLY:

1. Power down the OnePlus
    2. Hold the power down button until Android starts to boot up
    3. As soon as Android starts booting up let go of the power button
    4. Then immediately start holding both the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons
    5. Continue holding both Volume buttons until it boots into the OS

Once it fully boots up just reboot the phone as normal. No need to do anything else.

This will also fix the problem incase your kill all app button has disappeared.

5. anu_ahmed89
    Donut Oct 9, 2015

I had the same issue with my One plus 2, just follow these steps...it worked for me.

REBOOTING PHONE IN SAFE MODE & THEN REBOOTING NORMALLY:

1. Power down the OnePlus
    2. Hold the power down button until Android starts to boot up
    3. As soon as Android starts booting up let go of the power button
    4. Then immediately start holding both the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons
    5. Continue holding both Volume buttons until it boots into the OS

Once it fully boots up just reboot the phone as normal. No need to do anything else.

This will also fix the problem incase your kill all app button has disappeared.

6. TheLaama
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2015

TheLaama , Oct 9, 2015 :
    didn't work

7. anu_ahmed89
    Donut Oct 9, 2015

please make sure you're doing it correctly, it will work,

keep the power button pressed(it might take 15-20 secs), your phone will shut & then the screen with android written wud come...at that time you need to press the Volume up & down button simultaneously till ur ur phone screen appears & safe mode wud be written below...then you just have to reboot normally again....try it once more it shud work hopefully.

8. CHKav
    Donut Oct 9, 2015

CHKav , Oct 9, 2015 :
    Actually OnePlus did not pay any money to FB and apps which are crashing for advertisement. Hence not working on OPT.

9. jmudrick
    Honeycomb Oct 9, 2015

jmudrick , Oct 9, 2015 :
    I can't believe there are 46 pages on this , almost all people who aren't bright enough to have read the original post with the version 42 fix. I'm beginning to think the intelligence profile of OnePlus users is not very good.

SadButTrue likes this.
  10. israeljmf
    Froyo Oct 9, 2015

israeljmf , Oct 9, 2015 :
    This is not OnePlus wrong doing. I kept digging further in as I am having the same issue and some Samsung's, HTC's and other devices are having the same issue. My cousin has the OPO2 and his is working fine. Aparently the last update Facebook released broke the compatibility of the newsfeed tab. For example:
    1. If you have facebook messages and access someone profile everything is fine but the minute you hit the news tab it crashes.

2. I received notifications from facebook and I can access them and when I hit the news tabm there it goes again.

3. If you uninstall and reinstall the app and log in it seems it did not log in and crashes. You are logged in so to speak wish is why you can receive facebook notifications.

The real issue is with facebook. Everyone needs to go to their android support site and bombard them until they hear us.

I have sent relentless messages and emails and have not received a reply yet.

11. suhridkhan
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2015

suhridkhan , Oct 9, 2015 :
    This is obviously an oxygen rom issue... I tried facebook on CM, PA and Exodus rom with OPT...everywhere facebook app work with no issue.

12. suhridkhan
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2015

13. SadButTrue
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2015

SadButTrue , Oct 10, 2015 :
    so nexus devices, samsung galaxy s5 and s6 and lg g4´s are also running oxygenos?

hmmm i didnt think so - it is a facebook app fault

one again take a look @ playstore or try google search and you will find much more posts like this

https://www.reddit.com/r/nexus6/comments/3nofg3/android_m_facebook_messenger_keeps_crashing/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidQue...help_needed_android_facebook_messenger_keeps/

http://android.stackexchange.com/qu...update-persists-after-force-stop-and-clearing

http://forums.androidcentral.com/facebook-home/591239-fb-messenger-crashes.html

and so on...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015

14. ridingonfumes

ridingonfumes , Oct 10, 2015 :
    This crash is not random it happens EVERY single time you try to use the Facebook app within the first few minutes.
    It is NOT Facebook I owned for Android devices and it's ONLY happening on the oneplus 2.
    Since this started I have checked with several of my friends and they're NOT having the issue on their devices either.

15. SadButTrue

come on follow the links i have posted one one post before...

16. ridingonfumes

The gal I rent from has an S6 and its NOT having the problem
    I have a nexus 4 and it's NOT having the problem
    I have a tab three and its NOT having the problem.
    My G2 NOT having the problem.
    My mom's HTC one NOT having the problem
    I still have a 1+1 on CM12 its NOT having the problem.
    I checked with my sister who has the S5 and she is NOT having the problem
    Went and spoke with the guys at the AT&T store
    One of them had a nexus 6 and guess what? NO FACEBOOK PROBLEM
    The other guy had S5 and again NO FACEBOOK PROBLEMS.
    Going by reviews on Google Play is ridiculous considering ANYONE can leave any kind of review for ANY app, even if they don't use the app

17. SadButTrue

my girlfriend also has a OP2 with oxygen 2.1 and it's not having the probem...

nexus 4, lg g2, htc 1+1, dosn't use 5.1.1_r13

there are so many people with other phones who are facing the facebook problem and they do not have a op2 - so follow my links take a look @ playstore ratings of facebook and stop using betaversions of facebook (and the lastest facebook release version is known as working (42.0.X)...

18. ridingonfumes

And your links are NOT even relevant.
    The first link the guy says he just flashed Android M ...... that's obviously the cause not Facebook itself

The 2nd 3rd and 4th links are talking about Facebook messenger NOT the Facebook app
    Its the facebook app we're having a problem with

19. SadButTrue

20. aenews
    KitKat Oct 10, 2015

aenews , Oct 10, 2015 :
    You can't install an older version without uninstalling the current version...