Facebook , Instagram & others have become a inbuilt app now on series 8 & above via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. AndroRep
    Froyo Aug 6, 2020

AndroRep , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 6, 2020 :
    First off you just screwed your sales to a community that despise bloat ware.

I love one plus but this is me telling you to f_ck off.

#greed at the cost of our privacy. Un - f_cking - believable.

I can't believe that you cooked Facebook into the framework this sh*t is just baffling ....

And it can not be uninstalled.... Wtf seriously I'm raging ..... I don't need or want face book. I may sue you if you go through with this on my one plus 8 pro. I do not agree to any software changes

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020

2. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Just watch until any American company buys TikTok. Eagerly waiting for new pre-installed bloat shit 😂🍿🤭

GeraldR and AndroRep like this.
  3. AndroRep
    Froyo Aug 6, 2020

AndroRep , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I'm fcking done... Back to Google pixel I go

GeraldR and wiberabo like this.
  4. DrHappyAngry
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

DrHappyAngry , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Been thinking of getting a new phone in the next year, since I've been on the oneplus 5, but with the decisions like this, lack of head phone jack and phones just getting physically larger (WTF happened to miniaturization?) I'm thinking the pixel 4a sounds like a way superior product to anything Oneplus has right now. Bloatware garbage for social media I do not use at all, because it's spyware, and no head phone jack are deal breakers for me.

Lakshay155, GeraldR, wiberabo and 2 others like this.
  5. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Aug 6, 2020

Swejuggalo , Aug 6, 2020 :
    You can always wipe shit you don't want via "adb uninstall". Then it's gone from user 0. Will only return if you factory reset the phone or manually activate it via adb or reinstall it.
    You can always debate on how bad Google is too and De-Google your phone if you want more hardcore privacy... But even then... Want to go that far and use Pinephone?

I perfectly understand the complaints though. It should have been uninstallable by normal ways. But I even remove some apps Google demands the OEM to have pre-installed via adb.
    I don't know if there are more reasons than just business when it comes to Facebook... But when it comes to Netflix there is a point with it. I don't recall if it was DRM or HDR features though or both that demanded it to be a system app.

GeraldR likes this.
  6. richardhd
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

chaffefam likes this.
  7. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Well... Because they can't get it to work? Or don't know how?

As I see it... If you have a reason, know about the processes and don't like them and want them gone... Are you not the kind of person that already know how to use ADB?
    Or could my idea be wrong?

8. richardhd
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

richardhd , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Used it on a Pixel. Could not get it to work on a OnePlus.

9. Roger.T
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2020

Roger.T , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Who of you uses Whatsapp?
    Install it once and you have all the shit back on your device...[e]1f601[/e][e]1f609[/e]
    And a manufacturer receives money for the pre-installed apps...[e]1f61c[/e]

10. Matt 80
    Lollipop Aug 7, 2020

Matt 80 , Aug 7, 2020 :
    [​IMG]

chaffefam, B_Wrath and AndroRep like this.
  11. AndroRep
    Froyo Aug 7, 2020

chaffefam likes this.
  12. AndroRep
    Froyo Aug 7, 2020

AndroRep , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 7, 2020 :
    It sounds like he knows how to use adb. The point being any time you have to modify the framework files. It can cause insane issues.. memory leaks, boot looks ect...

13. AndroRep
    Froyo Aug 7, 2020

AndroRep , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 7, 2020 :
    The title says it all. Why didn't one plus the great news!?

Like... Omg OnePlus just cooked FACEBOOK spyware into your device!!! Like ahhh mahhhh gawd....

Are we not so Lucky? Now we can be tracked and targeted without our consent... Like totally cool right?

This is me telling one plus to F_ck off.

So f_ck off

14. Huigiebaby
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2020

Huigiebaby , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Screenshot_20200807-080153.jpg

It has been installed on my device since day 1.
    Nothing to see here move along...

GeraldR and EthanMaskie like this.
  15. petermulders
    Donut Aug 7, 2020

petermulders , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Not true. WhatsApp is a standalone app that works without Facebook Services being present. But that's not the point. OP calls their software bloatfree and then gives us this. If this trend continues I'm not buying a new OP phone after my current one dies.

chaffefam likes this.
  16. AndroRep
    Froyo Aug 7, 2020

ritesh808 and chaffefam like this.
  17. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 7, 2020

B_Wrath , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Oh for the love of God!
    I know what they did is bad, but at least use the existing threads!

So many threads after Android police wrote an article!
    And you guys didn't even care till they posted it!

Do not create duplicate threads !

19. Vicky_cbe
    KitKat Aug 7, 2020

GeraldR, chaffefam and imisic like this.
  20. colaboy
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2020

colaboy , Aug 7, 2020 :
    it is alarming. but on a bigger picture, then core Google could be doing something similar. just that we have no option but to use. can only blame on capitalism. definitely making more but also almost certain that this will be the excuse to cushion the operating cost hence a less expensive premium phones. not that it is any cheaper comparing to the past OP devices.

similarly to note20 case, forcing their chip on global market, and no matter how many here or other platform join hands to object this move, there are still people out there will just purchase because it is the brand's premium device.