Facebook Messenger app changing notification settings by itself via OnePlus 7T Pro

1. SteveDemir
    Eclair Nov 29, 2019

SteveDemir , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 29, 2019 :
    I have turned sounds off for most of my apps as I don't want any sounds or vibrations except for calls.
    Everything is fine except for the Facebook messenger app that keeps changing sound settings from "None" to the previous notification sound by itself.
    This seems to be happening randomly.

Anyone else have this issue or better yet, have a solution?

1575004623101.jpg

kramo123, Y1591100103263 and o6S1D9e like this.
  2. ngydat
    Lollipop Nov 29, 2019

ngydat , Nov 29, 2019 :
    You might want to check the notification settings in Facebook Messenger itself

D1576877749946 likes this.
  3. SteveDemir
    Eclair Nov 29, 2019

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019

kramo123 and o6S1D9e like this.
  4. G_Fanis_Karampetsos_LvRK , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 26, 2019 :
    hey there I've got the same issue at the OP 7 pro that makes me crazy when it changes from silent to default sound by itself.
    I tried some troubleshooting methods like wiping cache, restart app, restart device, update app, reinstall app, restore to factory defaults the device.
    Latest versions of messenger have another issue not to be able to change notification settings at all from inside the app.
    Facebook Messenger crashes at every effort and I had to install previews vision from July in order to be able to change notification settings from the app.
    Unfortunately as you say you cannot select silent notification with no sound from messenger.
    the only way to do this is to set the parameter from Android settings and this issue exists from the oxygen 10. 0. 0. 1 version.
    it seems to be oxygen's issue and if it will not be resolved soon, sorry, it is a major problem for my everyday life and I'll have no other choice but to leave OnePlus after 5 years and 4 devices in the raw...

Y1590304822340 and SteveDemir like this.
  5. Q1574010477596
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2019

6. edulpr
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2020

edulpr , Jan 11, 2020 :
    I have the same problem on Messenger turning on sound by itself.....

7. kivanc_y
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2020

kivanc_y , Apr 27, 2020 :
    Hi,
    I found a workaround for this:
    1. First download a silent ringtone. I got mine from this site (https://archive.org/details/SilentRingtone), bottom right "vbr mp3" one.
    2. Find the notifications folder in your phone and copy the file inside.
    3. Open Messenger in-app settings and set the ringtone to the silent file. If the file does not show, open Settings>Apps>Messenger>Permissions, then give the app permission to access storage. After that, select the silent ringtone from in-app settings.
    4. Next, open Settings>Apps>Messenger>Notifications and select the same file as the sound for any of the choices, like "Chats and calls", "Group chat mentions".
    Then it works OK.
    If I chose "Silent" for any choice, the app resets the choices for "Sound" and also "On lock screen" etc. This only happens with Facebook Messenger. Not having any problem with any other app. Shame...
    I appreciate if you share your solutions if you have one..
    Cheers

Cheezburgers likes this.
  8. PeaceMaker_K2
    Froyo Jul 29, 2020

9. Hanga Horváth
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2020

Hanga Horváth , Nov 21, 2020 :
    Thank to you, I've found another solution! You can copy that file in Facebook Messenger-> Media folder, so the sound will appear in Messenger app, and you can choose it just like any other, annoying sound! :) And (yet) it works, doesn't change itself ;)