Facebook Messenger - Waiting for Network with latest update (as well)

1. kokusz19 Cupcake Dec 6, 2018

kokusz19, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Dear All,

I've been having an issue for nearly a year (as I have Mobile Data since then), which is I can't use Messenger with mobile data.

It works fine with WiFi connection and if I put my sim card in another mobile, Messenger works fine on that phone.

I tried (I think) every advice, which could fix this issue, but nothing helped.
    e.g. clear out the cache and data, reinstall the app, force the app not to optimize it (battery), give permission to Messenger to do everything, etc.

Do you have any idea what could help me fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
    Mark

2. ghostofcain Lollipop Dec 6, 2018

ghostofcain, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Why is anyone still using that spyware piece of junk? Why not use friendly or something similar that does the same job but without the battery sapping ability of messenger?

3. kokusz19 Cupcake Dec 9, 2018

kokusz19, Dec 9, 2018 :
    Well, I tried out Friendly, but I was not really satisfied with it, as it was not that clean, like Messenger, etc.
    Do you have any other ideas about apps, which are similar to Messenger?

@All,
    If you have any other ideas, solutions, why could fix my problem, I would be glad to try them out :)

4. chris.walker Honeycomb Dec 10, 2018

chris.walker, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Messenger has always worked fine for me on mobile data on the 3T, but given that I hardly know anyone who uses it, I switched to using Messenger Lite some time back, which is tiny in comparison, much friendlier on your phone and retains pretty much all the key functionality. Try Lite and see if you have the same problem.

5. kokusz19 Cupcake Dec 10, 2018

kokusz19, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Thanks for the suggestion, however it works on the same principle (as both of them are made by FB), just a little but dumber, than the simple Messenger and the problem occurs on that app as well. :(

6. chris.walker Honeycomb Dec 10, 2018

chris.walker, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Weird. No idea then, I've been using Messenger Lite this morning on mobile data on my 3T, no problems at all, so must be something related to your carrier.

7. chris.walker Honeycomb Dec 10, 2018