Facebook services and two other Facebook system apps

1. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Aug 14, 2020

mojoyoyo77 , Aug 14, 2020 :
    This is a public forum, where an issue has been raised, and as such I can intervene to express and argue my points of view. Of course, I don't need anyone's permission, not yours, to do it freely, as just another user.

FYI, I am an active member since 2014 with several thousand posts, mostly helping other users. I am also a moderator of this forum, although in this case I am not moderating, but participating in this topic as another user.

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  2. jjvoliver
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

jjvoliver , Aug 14, 2020 :
    "Mostly" being the key word.

You fire up the drama, then complain about it.

In your "moderating" mind you think you're helping other by telling them to forget about it, or even worse, by telling them to "remove" something with ADB commands, when it actually does nothing to remove the issue?

It is only too obvious why you were made a moderator. You're nothing but a speaker for OnePlus, trying to minimize something that is inherently wrong.

You're just one more reason, together with this Facebook fiasco by OnePlus, to move on to clearer waters.

I'm glad you're not moderating this thread, otherwise there is a very high chance that you would have deleted my posts because you don't like them.

All that said, enjoy the drama.

kissoffboardy likes this.
  3. kissoffboardy
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

kissoffboardy , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 14, 2020 :
    I'm glad you've cleared that up, as earlier in the thread you made a statement that this is part of a competitor's campaign, rather than a the legitimate concerns and worries of people who do not like what OnePlus has done. This is quite frankly an offensive accusation.

Personally I would think this is not the kind of statement a moderator should be making.

Maybe to make things even clearer, you could begin each post with either "Speaking as a moderator...." or "I'm not speaking as a moderator here....."?

That way we can tell if any offensive and unsuitable statements are being made in an official capacity or not.

jjvoliver likes this.
  4. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Aug 14, 2020

mojoyoyo77 , Aug 14, 2020 :
    If you knew me, you would know that I, on many occasions, have been very critical of OnePlus. But in this case, even though I don't like having these applications installed, treat this as if it were a high treason, well, with all due respect, but I can't stop laughing.

By the way, here you are not made a moderator because you defend the company, but because you work hard helping the community.

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  5. kissoffboardy
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

This is a rather confusing post, as I'm not sure how "helping the community" is compatible with either being unable to stop laughing at the concerns of community members (and even worse telling them that you are laughing at these concerns) or accusing community members of being part of a conspiracy.

Do you never moderate yourself?

6. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Aug 14, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 14, 2020 :
    If you had stopped reading through lines, you would have understood him... And if I could, I'd already mute your nonsense.

7. kissoffboardy
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

ASCHENTE_V

If you had stopped reading through lines, you would have understood him... If you want to argue about nonsense, then leave this thread, you're off-topic, same do I.​

No, with respect, I'm still on topic.

I'm legitimately concerned about Facebook being preinstalled on OnePlus phones and would hope that a moderator would be helpful and assist in getting some clarity on the issue, instead of admitting they are laughing at those concerns.

If a moderator can't assist, I'd rather they left the thread to give space to those legitimate concerns.

8. jjvoliver
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

As you say, this is an issue that has displayed a lot of concern from the community. A moderator is supposed to do that, moderate, not take sides, which is all that @mojoyoyo77 has done here, take sides.

You have the option to go to a profile and click on the ignore button. Here is a link for some context: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/who-here-loves-the-ignore-button.16827/

As for this:

Don't know you, and with your display of your belief to be an all-merciful entity of some sort, don't care to either. You can't moderate to save your life, evidently, so, this is my last reply to you, and I'm following my own advise of clicking the ignore button in your profile, and move on to the topic at hand.

9. jjvoliver
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

@mojoyoyo77
    Wao, it didn't work, I can still see your previous posts. That sucks.

10. kissoffboardy
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

Thank you.

And I genuinely would still like OnePlus to address the Facebook concerns, but sadly, I also think this is unlikely to happen.

Happy to give space to the topic about Facebook pre-installs, but not to 'moderators' belittling those worries.

Neerajan likes this.
  11. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2020

Neerajan , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 14, 2020 :
    Moderators work hard towards regulating these forums, which must be given credit. But I do see them bashing new users for their threads, I have seen situations where moderators comment on OnePlus 8 forums I am not sure whether they are using that device.

Just because you guys are moderators, you don't have defend OnePlus blindly. Please be unbiased as always for the community. And as you said brother please don't belittle any concerns.

Just my kind request.

jjvoliver and kissoffboardy like this.
  12. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Aug 14, 2020

Dude, moderators here are same users, at the same time they're unpaid enthusiasts clearing the forum from violations as far as possible. Nobody bans, mutes or deletes your messages unless they're against forum rules. And your posts won't be removed for personal opinion. That's it.

And moderators can't bring you @Pete, @Carl or sb else to shed clarity. You have no idea, what a strong desire I have to speak with some officials regarding bloatware, cs, hardware problems etc. But unfortunately, that's one side communication...

13. jjvoliver
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

I did try rooting my 7 Pro, fearing that they will push FB in one of the updates, but it's not 2012 anymore, and rooting breaks too many things, including, but not limited to, bank applications and Netflix.

So, I ended up restoring to OEM official rom, and relocking the BL.

At this point I only see 2 options for us that like vanilla Android without the bloat:

1.- iPhone. Not happening because I have a full Google infrastructure at home and outside. Nest devices all over the place, Pixel Slate, and everyone at home has an Android Phone and Chromebook, plus the ease of use of the Family Link to keep my kids in check.
    2.- Pixel. Most likely for the exact same reasons mentioned above.

Samsung phones have great hardware, no doubt, but I'm a die-hard Samsung hater precisely because of all the bloat and the horrible UI skin.

As a matter of fact, any Android phone manufacturer other than OnePlus, until today, has the bloatware issue, except for Pixels (other than the forced Google apps, evidently.

What really hits me is the fact that nobody from 1+ has even attempted to reply to all these concerns, which only helps cement my belief that this was a dishonest and sneaky move from Oneplus's side.

Does anyone else have a suggestion on brands that may be worth a shot?

14. jjvoliver
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

I agree with you to some extent. I've seen my share of great moderators that follow the simple description of the role:

A discussion moderator or debate moderator is a person whose role is to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion.

And I also agree that they probably have no way of forcing any official to shed light on an issue. However, I maintain my position that, if you agree to be a moderator, you should stick to the role as such. and as @kissoffboardy mentioned, if you're going to provide a personal opinion, then make sure to disassociate yourself from the moderator role by mentioning that the opinion is that of you as an individual, and not as a moderator. That would go a long way towards maintaining transparency and a healthy discussion.

By the way, switching gears, Love your Saitama gif.

Neerajan likes this.
  15. kissoffboardy
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

That's fine and I certainly didn't want to offend you or anyone else.

However, I do not like moderators engaging in bad behaviour when others have genuine questions.

It's okay for them to have an opinion, but not to be unhelpful and even worse essentially accuse others of being part of some kind of campaign to make their views look false. I will call that behaviour out.

Again, apologies for any offence, none meant.

jjvoliver likes this.
  16. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2020

User forums can sometimes get heated up with arguments. Personally I would say, add anything related to the topic or just don't voice your opinion to bash others.

Here the concern is about bloat-ware in oxygen OS, nothing else. And this is definitely a concerning factor for some users.

With all due respect a healthy argument will never include words like "nonsense", "mute". If you don't see eye to eye with the thread's content then you can provide your counter arguments, otherwise it would be a wise decision to stay away from this thread.

Don't mistake me, this is what I could interpret from your reply.

chaffefam and kissoffboardy like this.
  17. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Aug 14, 2020

If you meant my point regarding Facebook services and else bloat, I've already shared it multiple times in this thread, including memes.

If you don't like sth I write, report my comments. I'm used to it.

18. kissoffboardy
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

Sounds like we are all on the same side here, aside from some unhelpful comments from a mod.

Hopefully they will cease, we can take a breath and we can get back to hating facebook.

chaffefam, Neerajan and jjvoliver like this.
  19. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2020

No, I don't want to report anyone, what I am trying to say is you have your points, the person raising the concerns have their points. Healthy discussions are made by facts not by adjectives or names. I am sure that everyone is entitled for an opinion. I felt like you kinda lost it over that comment. That's all.

20. jjvoliver
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

Right on!