Facebook services and two other Facebook system apps

1. jjvoliver
    Froyo Aug 15, 2020

jjvoliver , Aug 15, 2020 :
    That is actually very good information.

I do have the experience over the years, but I am also not an expert, but rather a hobbyist of sorts.

I will try your commands with some of the actual system embedded apps in my 7 Pro, and then run a log cat to see if ADB actually, at the very least, keeps them from awakening in the background. This will be a fun test to do, and will allow me, and hopefully others, to clarify the actual effectiveness of running pm uninstall from ADB in an un-rooted phone..

Can't promise I'll do it this weekend, since my wife and kids (and dogs) expect me to give them my undivided attention during the weekends, since I work all week, but I will give it a shot soon enough.

I'll let you guys know what I find, if anything.

fazerboy0_3 and Loveit like this.
  2. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Aug 15, 2020

mojoyoyo77 , Aug 15, 2020 :
    You can prevent these applications from connecting to the internet, but if you don't use Facebook, the Facebook system applications will be inactive, I have never used Facebook on my phone and when I disabled these applications they had not sent or received any 0KB data. Netflix won't have any traffic if you don't use it either.

Screenshot_20200815-230426.jpg

I don't know your experience, but I, when I have disabled an application, after updating OxygenOS, the application is still disabled. Of course, if you create users on your phone for your wife, brothers, five children and grandmother, it will be a headache

3. Loveit
    KitKat Aug 15, 2020

Loveit , Aug 15, 2020 :
    That's what they report. Interested to see actual analysis still..

4. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Aug 16, 2020

mojoyoyo77 , Aug 16, 2020 :
    Check it out for yourself. Look for the applications in the settings of your device, if you have not used Facebook you will see that there is no data traffic from these applications.
    I have the 8 Pro for 3 months, there was never anything.

5. fazerboy0_3
    Honeycomb Aug 16, 2020

fazerboy0_3 , Aug 16, 2020 :
    Well done and thanks for trying this for other's whom don't know how to do this.. Great too see the results. Some other's have said it work's unless you add another user.

6. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Aug 16, 2020

mojoyoyo77 , Aug 16, 2020 :
    I have never seen the need to add another user, but I suppose I could proceed in the same way, and uninstall the applications for this other user.
    Anyway from what I've seen, these apps are totally inactive unless you use Facebook.

7. Bongzerker
    Froyo Aug 17, 2020

Bongzerker , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Sad that so many cucks on this forum are defending OnePlus for putting bloatware on the phones instead of trying to fight it. I won't buy another OnePlus device until this is fixed.

8. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 17, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Very few Global version phone manufacturers don't put Facebook and all the bloat and same with other apps.

But to be honest no idea why OnePlus did this. OOS was a relatively bloat free OOS. Won't stop me buying another OnePlus because they can be removed with ADB commands, not hard, just be careful and do it correctly.
    1597678518887.jpg
    https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-remove-facebook-bloatware-from-oneplus-8-8-pro-nord/amp/

These commands should rid your new $900 smartphone from the pre-loaded and “uninstallable” Facebook bloatware. You may need to repeat the steps again with every OTA, but it’s better than having no solution at all.

9. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 18, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 18, 2020 :
    What did you want him to say, he gave a generally good overview, event went into the weakest moments.

https://www-androidauthority-com.cd...=mq331AQFKAGwASA=&amp_js_v=0.1#weakestmoments

Reading it its an overview of a company that has sold 10s of millions of phones in the last 10 years. With a growing market. Sure he didn't pick out comments for every issue on here. As that would be impossible.

But as a general overview it seemed fine to me. This is how OnePlus, and other companies are viewed in such articles, you must remember they get to test the freebies so you will find it hard to get a general overview article on any company that will give anything but highlights.

10. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Aug 18, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 18, 2020 :
    No idea who wrote this, just stating out that whole paid article OnePlus buyer's guide (what a funny name Jesus) is misleading piece of garbage: ever since the phrase "formerly worked for another Chinese technology brand called Oppo"... Another excitement overview, but not in the community, lol :D:D:D
    Not to me.... Just marketing crap, half of which doesn't correspond with reality, and makes future buyers regret. Such "buyer's guides" are exactly the reason users like this @Sgcool260294 pollute the community, cuz they know nothing and believe each piece of cake they are being fed and poured into ears from this couple @Pete, @Carl or someone else.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-killer-can-you-fell-the-force.1277890/page-2

P.S. Did you really like his comments? :eek:o_O

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020

malidan likes this.
  11. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Aug 18, 2020

Did you enjoy the part "bloatware free" being repeated at least 3 times? I did :p:D:rolleyes:

malidan likes this.
  12. Caomhin

Well it wasn't until 8 series and Nord, and yes he did get a few minor points incorrect. As you say its a marketing piece, but that's what so called journalists do these days, no idea if it was paid or incentivised, he did cover the weaknesses as well, but there is only so much you can fit into an article like that.

And its not aimed at me or you, it's aimed at new buyers and those who have no idea of the tech behind it all.

As I heard recently, salesman : What type of phone do you want. Customer : A red one. 🙄🙄🙄

And no I didn't like the comment. If you meant the Malidan one, if I did I must have been buckled full of hooch and hit the wrong one.

13. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Aug 18, 2020

I meant his comments @Sgcool260294
    It fits OnePlus style of behaviour :D;)
    That's exactly why I called this "bullshit", I'm fed with lie and understatements from companies (was searcing for a new mouse few days back and ended up with a desire to rip out whole shit from Logitech and Razer)... OnePlus can do whatever they want, but I've got a right for critics (call it hate if you want) and disagreement.
    Not just a few, but yes.
    [​IMG]
    I can fit
    [​IMG]

14. Caomhin

Yep, ya gotta give a kid hope.

And all companies do it, promise big, deliver small, once they reach a certain size in the market, its never about the customer but the bottom dollar, not one of these is better or worse than the other, its all built on the same bull.

It all depends on what you happy. And personally I am happy with the phone I bought. Obviously you are not, but hey can't please all the people all the time, you know the beat of that line.

Have worked for many companies, and from the inside I didn't like how many of them do business, a few smaller ones were fine to work for. But the larger they are, the less they care. They tell you they do, but experience has shown the opposite. But I don't let that bother me, as I prefer to just get on with what I am doing with as little interference as possible.

I am just too chilled to care, but I will defend my position if I feel its warranted.

Anyway, I am happy enough with OnePlus in General, simply because I don't have to rely on their repairs, sales, support or any other aspect. And the phone I have just works as expected., in fact better than expected. Maybe I got lucky.

😎[e]1f44d[/e]

15. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Aug 18, 2020

Agreed
    I'm partly happy :)... Thanks God the only issues I've with McLaren are the burn in in status bar, which ain't visible in daily usage, software bugs and OOS tricks (bloat, CAMERA, some odd decisions etc). I'm checking my screen like each month and don't see tinting issues and else stuff, but I realize lots of other people do and I'm standing their point. That's what relates to the phone, but I have constantly increasing amount of pretensions/questions to OnePlus itself over years. Same with my Galaxy, don't even hope that I agree with everything Samsung does :tearsofjoy::smilingimp:
    Yeap
    I care and will defend my position as well))) :D;):D

16. malidan
    Nougat Aug 18, 2020

malidan , Aug 18, 2020 :
    Why are mentioning my name without tagging?
    You just can't handle the truth can you, it's all about hype and misdirection for you.
    Oh onnthrdon the bloat thing thing, you do remember Netflix isn't that bloat, what about the the Zen thing and all OP's system apps?
    All bloat as Android purist would have it🤪

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  17. Caomhin

Howdy small boy. No need to tag, was talking about ya, not to ya. Simples. Next cartoonio 🙄🙄

18. Sgcool260294
    Froyo Aug 18, 2020

Sgcool260294 , Aug 18, 2020 :
    one and last thing to all three of u....I DONT CARE!!!

19. malidan
    Nougat Aug 18, 2020

malidan , Aug 18, 2020 :
    😂😂😂😂
    I know the drubbing are getting too heavy.

ASCHENTE_V likes this.