Facebook services and two other Facebook system apps

1. NaiyerAsif
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

NaiyerAsif , Aug 5, 2020 :
    This makes me glad that I never bought OP8 or OP Nord, even though my OP5 was starting to show it's age. Makes me wonder how far they'll fall. My prediction is that software updates are going to suffer with the flood of devices they are throwing at the market. And with the Facebook services as system apps, perhaps a flood of more bloatware is also coming. Gonna keep my OP5 one more year and then will see what comes in 2021.

2. cyberdudedk
    Froyo Aug 5, 2020

cyberdudedk , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Thanks for this, saw thread via Androidpolice. This is defintely the end of buying new OnePlus for me. I guess 7T Pro will be my last OnePlus phone. GF Just made her first crack on the screen on my left-over 6 that she took over, was ready for buying Nord for her, but this is big no-no. This is not "never settle", this is "shitting on your customers".
    OnePlus needs to get their shit together or they will quickly burrow their own grave.

What the hell is wrong with you guys. This is absolutely garbage. Been here since OP1, supported you, always recommended OnePlus to each and everyone. Guess it's time to find another brand to root for. You better change stuff like this or it's bye bye to your loyal fanbase. I hope the news spread far and wide.

Yet another company showing greatness fall to the same sad state as the other big boys. It's been a cool experience, but I guess the roller coaster stops here. So long and farewell! I guess the ship is a about sink....

3. F1510870407676 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Sad to see this. Like people said above, I am not wholeheartedly recommending OP ever again..I bought the OP8 Pro a few months ago and this is definitely my last OP device.

4. LeptitLoS
    Froyo Aug 5, 2020

LeptitLoS , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I'll receive my Nord in few hours, I already know what I'll do before using OP Switch... Removing/disabling all this Facebook sh**...
    Seriously OnePlus, choose your business partners better in future...:sweat:

Sam_Tsoi, AndroRep, chaffefam and 2 others like this.
  5. ArkRoyal
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

ArkRoyal , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I would have definitely bought the 7T and saved my money before buying the 8 Pro if I'd known OP had sold out to Facebook with this background data mining trash. All I want is an OEM that reliably does security updates.

Sam_Tsoi, AndroRep and chaffefam like this.
  6. Lox_
    Froyo Aug 6, 2020

Sam_Tsoi, svstanev, AndroRep and 2 others like this.
  7. X1538242092580
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

X1538242092580 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    the Facebook services are installed on all the lastest OnePlus phones including 8, 8 pro, and Nord. and will be pre-installed for all future phones.

8. M1573269573656
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

M1573269573656 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Now, this really concerns me. I am a Oneplus 6 user and I was planning to buy a new OnePlus phone as well as the OnePlus TV.

But this bloatware just ruined the reputation OnePlus had.

FYI, I am someone who has uninstalled Instagram and Facebook from their phone. So, this definitely concerns me.

Sam_Tsoi, svstanev, AndroRep and 2 others like this.

M1573269573656 likes this.
  10. CptBratkopf , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 6, 2020 :
    It can be deactivated but not uninstalled. Uninstallation is only possible using adb. So disappointing.

11. pfeiziel , via OnePlus 3T Gunmetal , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Oh man. I thought they were better than this. So you know if it's like this on the latest flagship as well? My 3T was clean as far as I recall.

Joffy_Jose likes this.
  12. CptBratkopf , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 6, 2020 :
    As I know from some Redditors, it's the same on the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. OnePlus confirmed, that they will continue to preinstall Facebook Stuff on their smartphones, as said in an article on androidpolice. I bet, the 8t and so on will come with that too.

I'm coming from AOSP, pure Android without any bloat. I'm really disappointed.

13. pfeiziel , via OnePlus 3T Gunmetal , Aug 6, 2020 :
    How unfortunate. Probably a bit of money involved. Thanks for your info!

Joffy_Jose likes this.
  14. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2020

Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I just got the Nord for the amazing Oxygen OS which was supposed to be clean Bloatfree experience. The moment i started the phone, I found our instagram, facebook main app and messenger pre-installed with facebook services installed in the background. Although these can be disabled from the app manager, its atrocious to pre-install these on a largely marketed "bloatfree" phone!

Argovejo and LeptitLoS like this.
  15. leoyinjou , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Guess this is it for every loyal OnePlus users who have been supporting the company. Too bad OnePlus has settled. Seems like my OP7Pro will be my first and last OP device I'll ever own. Time to look for an alternative.

Sam_Tsoi, AndroRep, Lunsarn and 2 others like this.
  16. Kirktav
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

Kirktav , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I have had almost every one plus phoneophone have had family members buy your phones but not any more.

I will not install Facebook, Instagram, messenger etc on my phone. This decision to pre install Facebook has made my decision to leave OnePlus.

This is a horrible business decision, and I feel you will lose a lot of loyal followers.

Last one who leaves, make sure you turn our the lights.

17. Toni Merikanto
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2020

Toni Merikanto , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I agree. we pay for premium to have a pure experience without compromises.
    and even if Facebook comes pre-installed, we should be able to remove all of its services if we choose.

Sadly, OnePlus settled with Facebook.

18. meet_ur_creator
    Donut Aug 6, 2020

meet_ur_creator , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    as per the news we found out that oneplus is adding bloatware through OTA update. and we are strictly against it. we love oxygen OS as it is it has awesome new features as well as a clean stock Android like experience we got to know that models before 7t don't have any kind of Facebook installer bloatwares.and we don't wanted as well as we suggest you to remove any kind of bloatware regarding Facebook installer cause we believe in clean stock Android experience. This is a major issue because many of the customers don't want this to happen.

Sam_Tsoi, Vijayan_sr and azure76 like this.
  19. mangatinanda
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2020

Sam_Tsoi, Darjanator, Xeniox and 6 others like this.
  20. JavierL
    Froyo Aug 6, 2020

JavierL , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Facebook app can be Uninstalled. The services only disabled.