Facebook services and two other Facebook system apps

1. yddtime
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2020

yddtime , Aug 6, 2020 :
    If the FB services are uninstalled with ADB will they be installed again with each OS update? Facebook is a deal breaker for me.

2. yddtime
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2020

yddtime , Aug 6, 2020 :
    OnePlus sold out with this decision. I was going to say that the first thing I would do is disable that crap but that's a lie. I wouldn't buy the phone in the first place.

Sam_Tsoi, AndroRep, Lunsarn and 2 others like this.
  3. tile00
    Eclair Aug 6, 2020

tile00 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I've upgraded my op *every* new release since the 5. And i held off on the 8...as I do NOT want Facebook apps on my phone ever. I guess the maclaren will be my last op phone. What a horrible business decision!

Sam_Tsoi, yddtime, AndroRep and 5 others like this.
  4. ChefChaudart
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2020

ChefChaudart , Aug 6, 2020 :
    WTF !!! I went to OnePlus because no bloatware, and they are back ! I will stick to my 7T pro for a while then. ( or return to custom ROMs)

Sam_Tsoi, yddtime, AndroRep and 2 others like this.
  5. Mohamed Rameez
    Eclair Aug 6, 2020

6. ɢноѕтΘпе
    Nougat Aug 6, 2020

7. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2020

8. ashifashraf5 , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 6, 2020 :
    The package will be there, we are only disabling the app/service with adb. If you want to completely remove the package , you need to root the device, which will void the warranty.

9. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2020

PokiX , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I was thinking about buying a new OP but thank god I read in the news that OP is now poisonning their OS with Facebook and Netflix. Two services which my whole family do not use.

OP is now selling user data to these shaddy companies without clearly informing users. Shocking, I had still trust in their management.

I guess it's part of the EULA which is signed? Can someone extract and publish that contract so that it is fotwarded to Android news site? And to see if its GDPR compliant.

Unless OP sells phones without FB, I obviously need to find a new brand.

Sam_Tsoi, yddtime, AndroRep and 4 others like this.
  10. chaffefam
    Eclair Aug 6, 2020

chaffefam , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I feel the same. I have been using OnePlus for many years and very happy with their phones. Now that they are adding bloatware Facebook. I will have to go elsewhere for my next phone. Remember the motto never settle, they just did!

Here's a reply

Thank you for contacting OnePlus Customer support.

This is definitely inconvenience and I am sure if I was in this situation, I would have been as much unhappy as you have been. This is not a kind of experience we would want our customers to go through, Our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused.

Having said that, I will definitely consider this and let the concerned team know about it. This kind of feedback will always help us grow and develop in the market. We will always love to hear the feedback and work according to the customer needs and satisfaction.

However as of now, OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and Nord all include the Facebook App Installer, Facebook App Manager, and Facebook Services as system apps. The main Facebook app, Messenger, and Instagram are also present.

11. tbriggs
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

tbriggs , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Guess now I've gotta find a bootloader that'll work.

Way to sell out, or rather cash in.

wiberabo likes this.
  12. U1596622048867
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

13. Nicolas_Verhoeven , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I made an explicit choice not to use Facebook or any Facebook service like WhatsApp. If I had known OnePlus was forcing Facebook to OnePlus phone owners I would not have bought a OnePlus phone anymore. I always advice other people to buy OnePlus instead instead of Samsung because of the bloatware. From now on I will advise against any OnePlus device or service. Please remove the unwanted Facebook service as soon as possible.

Sam_Tsoi, Darjanator, Xeniox and 4 others like this.
  14. EthanMaskie
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2020

Pavan konduri and Sheppards like this.
  15. Katrick
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2020

Ujjwalprashar likes this.
  16. theantz
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2020

theantz , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Bye bye !

Instead of these melodramatic threads, you can just remove FB app, disable these services, disable their use of background data and then use FB over browser.

Sheppards, Hdfxsts and EthanMaskie like this.
  17. M1573269573656
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

18. John.Milton.Lcf
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2020

Sheppards likes this.
  19. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Aug 6, 2020

pablofg1978 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Hello there,
    Please use the feedback page to submit your request directly to OnePlus.
    Https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

20. kissoffboardy
    Froyo Aug 6, 2020

kissoffboardy , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I'm on the 7T, but continuing this shady nonsense would definitely prevent me buying any Oneplus phones in future.

I think OnePlus have misjudged this and their audience completely. And the excuses given by the company are laughable.