Facing many issues (OP5T OxygenOS 10.0.1) via OnePlus 5T

1. Adiriko
    Froyo Jan 26, 2021

Adiriko , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 26, 2021 :
    Hi there fellas, I own the 5T model with oxygenOS 10.0.1 and I regret every moment I upgraded my phone to this version.
    I'm facing lots of problems that I havent experienced before this includes Battery that runs out extremely fast, phone crashes a lot during the day, random boots appear and that's why I'm here, to ask for your help. People in this forum have helped me more than once or twice to fix this kind of issues.

I would mention the fact that I have downgraded, upgraded, rooted lots of android phones before and I have a pretty wide android experience.

What do you recommend me to do?

D1610072313024 likes this.
  2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jan 26, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jan 26, 2021 :
    Tbh, if Inhad so many different issues, I’d perform a factory reset. Trying to solve every single item costs a lot of time and isn’t probably worth it. After you’ve performed a factory reset (don’t forget to backup important data, like pics etc) you could download the latest OS again and perform a local update through recovery. Not sure if that would make a difference but doesn’t harm.

after I would have done that, I’d set up the phone as new and not use Google or the switch app to put data back on your phone and see if that works. It did for me in the past.

Auristic and Tokolozi like this.
  3. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jan 26, 2021

Tokolozi , Jan 26, 2021 :
    Tbh, I would do the same.

Auristic and Bobbie63 like this.
  4. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 26, 2021

Tobikage , Jan 26, 2021 :
    So why are you still on Oxygen OS given that it's crap on the 5/ 5T and now that support is dead ?

Auristic and the_o2 like this.
  5. Adiriko
    Froyo Jan 26, 2021

Adiriko , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 26, 2021 :
    I'm really new on the os community on my one plus phone.
    Is there a better is to install? Why oxygenOS is no longer supported?

7. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 27, 2021

Tobikage , Jan 27, 2021 :
    If you are familiar with flashing ROMs , it's just the same process. Check a couple of guides and you'd be able to see that and find your way around.

End of support. Read the below post.

Auristic and the_o2 like this.
  8. Adiriko
    Froyo Jan 27, 2021

Adiriko , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 27, 2021 :
    What is the most stable Custom ROM available for OnePlus 5T for daily use? In terms of battery, performance, and stability OxygenOS version I need to install? can someone please link me to some guides to downgrade?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021

9. BeardyBiceps , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Jan 28, 2021 :
    Android 9 OOS

10. Adiriko
    Froyo Jan 29, 2021