Factory rest from Lock screen

1. ravi.jntu28
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

ravi.jntu28 , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Hi folks,

please help me on this....!!

I have my OP6 with PIN number activated and when my kid of just 2years picked it up and entered multiple times wrong password.... but somehow my phone enters Factory reset and wiping data and cache screen.

I just saw entering password multiple time wrongly but later suddenly this appears...!!
    All my data is LOST.... :(

I'm very much puzzled how she does it... but i couldn't find it. I gave phone to kid later again setting Pin but it doesn't happen, even i tried to do it multiple wrong it will block for 30 sec.
    for my kid it is not taking that much time also.

is there any particular code from lock screen which does this???
    I read in Google and forums cannot find it without going into Android recovery mode and intentionally select that option of wipe data.

Note: this is NOT just one time, it 3rd time in past 8 months.

I cannot blame kid also as how can such simple would lead to RESET ?? this is some kind of software issue.

pleas help me solve this haunting question to me.
    how this can be possible.

2. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 14, 2019

Kytharsis , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Too many wrong-password attempts and your data is gone. This is a safety mechanism built into Android to thwart your personal data from being compromised should someone steal your phone and incorrectly type in your password/PIN. Next time, keep your kid away from the phone and this won't happen. Hopefully you've backed up your data beforehand.

3. ravi.jntu28
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

Thanks for the update.
    but How many attempts?? can someone be precise.

even I tried 30 times. but still couldn't do it. for every 5 attempts it waits for 30sec... but didn't see that happening when my kid did that... it happened in a flash.

is there any other way... or some code??

Data wise first time it happened.. i lost all but from next time I enable Google backup. hence saved :)

4. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 14, 2019

Kytharsis , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Pretty sure your kid kept tapping the screen thinking it's a fun toy, causing the phone to react as if it's a brute force attack, causing it to wipe. Like I said, keep it away from the kiddo and this won't happen.

5. dutchdragon81
    Donut Oct 14, 2019

dutchdragon81 , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Just asking, why would you wanna know the exact number of times to get that result..??

You wanna reset a phone on purpose while lockscreen is on... ?

Mmmhhh why would anyone want to do that .... Mmmmhhhhh

6. ravi.jntu28
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

i want to know how it is done so easily by my kid and why not me... ??

yeah I have backup for all now and want to try it out myself.

7. DrJMun
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2019