Display

False trigger of Apps/Screen when unlocking phone with fingerprint

1. G_Justin_Smith_cnWH Cupcake Jun 5, 2019

G_Justin_Smith_cnWH, Jun 5, 2019 :
    Having issues with the 7pro selecting items on the screen underneath the fingerprint sensor when unlocking the phone. Don't think this falls under the phantom/ghost touch since my finger is on the screen.

I have chrome browser in middle of the bottom app tray (layout of app tray is: phone, messaging, chrome, camera, photos). Because of the time it takes to register my fingerprint I don't always remove my finger fast enough. When that happens the screen registers it as a touch and opens my chrome browser. Not only does it happen when phone is on the home screen. It also happens in other apps like amazon music, whatsapp, etc. While on the Amazon music control screen, unlocking the phone causes the play button to be selected and start playing music (not really ideal when music starts blasting at work). While on whatsapp the message below fingerprint area is selected.

Anyone else have this issue? It doesn't happen everytime I unlock the phone, but happens enough to be an inconvenience.

JK_AY likes this.
  2. JK_AY Cupcake Jun 20, 2019

JK_AY, Jun 20, 2019 :
    I have the same issue and I can repeat it everytime. It only happens if I unlock my phone from the always-on-screen (where the screen is black except the fingerprint and the clock). It doesn't happen if I unlock my phone from the lock-screen where I already can see the background image.
    It also doesn't happen if I unlock my phone very slowly, so like stay with my finger on my screen for 0.5 sec.
    I hope it gets fixed soon because it's a little bit annoying.

3. JK_AY Cupcake Jul 9, 2019 at 11:06 AM