Family Sharing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

TheMystic , May 16, 2017 :
    did I point fingers first? do you even know how to read sequentially? if you do, then read it again to see who got personal first.

2. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

and when did I say my solution was better?

mine was just an extension to that plan, although not the ideal solution.

3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 16, 2017

dsmonteiro , May 16, 2017 :
    Not telling people how to pirate like you did, for one.

4. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 16, 2017

toastytoast1234 , May 16, 2017 :
    Oh the irony.

Take a look at who he replied to, then come back and admit that you've just done the dumb crap you accused them of.

So much for the "good tone".

sfomin and shrineels10 like this.
  5. jizang
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

jizang , May 16, 2017 :
    then purchase it on the cheap, Google always do promotions on certain apps. Or use a cheaper alternative app ...loads fo freeware which does the roughly the same things or go FREEWARE e.g. if you can't afford mx player or FREE with vlc...there are tons of alternatives. PPL who want it FREE will always try to justify the pirate route :p

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  6. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

you need to re-read what Microsoft did and how it benefitted them.

this is just an analogy, and we can see the lesson there.

7. shrineels10
    Honeycomb May 16, 2017

shrineels10 , May 16, 2017 :
    I did not quote your post! I read well. I just requested not to point fingers.

By the way, do you realize that the content of ur post clearly is un ethical?

Adding to that is the tone of your replies. Go ahead and offend all who you want with that tone

Peace!

8. Heisenberg_009
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2017

Heisenberg_009 , May 16, 2017 :
    Yes people should be brought and given a chance to experience a platform/app. That's why we have trail versions/ad filled versions. Trail version offer all the said benefits but for a limited time. Ad versions also offer benefits with unlimited time validity but annoying ads. According to me they are the best alternatives. Purchasing through one account but giving access to many people is plain piracy and seriously impacts the developer revenue.
    For example, Lets say you use an app named "X" on your phone which you bought for Rs. 50. It also has an ad based freeware version. Now if you share your account with your family, you're actively limiting the developers revenue as you've bought it once but many people are using it. Or you could encourage people to buy it and if you can let them experience the paid version. Then they may consider buying it. Encouraging to pirate is not a solution and shouldn't even be considered.
    As for your naxals example, it is a legitimate way to deal with them. What you're suggesting is equivalent to asking the naxals to surrender and then making them do some other crime.

9. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

the idea is to provide them a way to realize that they are killing the developer community by pirating apps. there has to be some way to make them buy apps, apart from just teaching them moral lessons that they wouldn't learn.

10. dsmonteiro

Sorry, but I fail to see how that analogy works. When did Microsoft tell people how to pirate? That comparison works terribly.

Sure, Microsoft is lenient but I fail to see how telling people how to pirate will help anyone other than the people that pirate.

As said here multiple times before: Apps are cheap. There are free alternatives. There's no excuse for piracy.

11. shrineels10
    Honeycomb May 16, 2017

See that sridhar? This gentleman understood what i meant but did not come up with an offensive response to me.

12. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 16, 2017

toastytoast1234 , May 16, 2017 :
    So a business strategy Microsoft followed 30 years ago in the pc & server market is somehow now applicable to the mobile app space? Remind me again how well Microsoft are doing in this sector.

To never read another one of your dumb threads ever again?

sfomin likes this.
  13. shrineels10
    Honeycomb May 16, 2017

As mohan said, no matter what, it doesnt justify cheating.

And its not the user's headache as to what business model is used. Its upto the dev.

14. jizang
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

jizang , May 16, 2017 :
    you need to step back and think...you are sending out totally conflicting messages. I'm out as I'm getting confused on what the moral of the story is :p

sfomin likes this.
  15. Heisenberg_009

What Microsoft did then worked for them to capture market share and hook people onto their platform. Remember, when Microsoft did this, their only other mainstream competitor was OSX which couldn't be easily pirated. How is that applicable now in a market where there is fierce competition with tons of opensource/ freeware available and the margins for developers are shrinking?

16. Heisenberg_009

This is like beating the shit out of a kid to teach him/her that beating others is wrong. xD

sfomin likes this.
  17. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

seriously? would any of what I said help anyone who steals? the one who steals can always steal for his entire family. no big deal.

if those who keep thinking of buying an app but don't do, this will be one way to boost sales because now they see the purchase as a benefit for the whole family.

and those who steal, if they are willing to consider, again the developer benefits.

18. dsmonteiro

You're teaching people yet another way to pay less for other people's work. How does that help boosting sales? You said it your self: "the one who steals can always steal for his entire family. no big deal."

So you're just telling the people that actually pay they can pay less. Sure seem like a great help for the devs. :rolleyes:

19. Heisenberg_009

This is should be an apt answer for that. Again those who are cheap, pirate.

20. jizang
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

jizang , May 16, 2017 :
    WRONG, those ppl come on here and complain, whine and REQUEST these features be baked into OOS cause they're too tight to purchase the apps :p

sfomin likes this.