Family Sharing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

TheMystic , May 16, 2017 :
    with all that said, while I appreciate opposing views on the subject, I am still waiting for someone to come up with an alternative solution (apart from simply taking a moral stance and doing nothing or leaving it to the companies and developers thinking it is not our headache).

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 16, 2017

dsmonteiro , May 16, 2017 :
    You added this to your original post:
    But it is. As I already shown you, what you are telling people to do is against the Terms and Conditions, therefore piracy. You can say whatever you want but it won't change that.

Instead of fighting piracy you're giving people yet another mechanism to not pay the due price.

3. Heisenberg_009
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2017

Heisenberg_009 , May 16, 2017 :
    That's what I've been trying to explain but that just seems to fly off of his/her head.

DrAakash, toastytoast1234 and pa5t1s like this.
  4. dsmonteiro

But it's not up to us to fix the ecosystem. It's up to the companies and developers. And we've seen it already in games like Pokemon Go where you have to effectively pay for the added features. And you also see more and more apps not running on rooted devices.

The only viable alternative solution is to use free, ad-supported apps, not telling people to pirate.

5. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

like you, people are free to not take my advise.

as I mentioned, my method cannot help the thief. it is simply of no use for them.

but if it can encourage people to start buying, it will definitely help the developer community. while not in the way it ideally should, but in some meaningful way.

"something is better than nothing".

6. Heisenberg_009

Also, I really don't think you appreciate opposing views. Also I do feel like you're trying to shove something that does more harm than good. I feel you're like Kellyanne Conway shoving "alternative facts"

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  7. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

I thought we have Magisk that takes care of that problem.

8. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

thanks. but you still haven't written a solution.

9. Heisenberg_009

That's a boon and a bane to the Android ecosystem. Consumers have unlimited choices but developers are at lose when those exploits are made against their apps.

10. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 16, 2017

toastytoast1234 , May 16, 2017 :
    So someone who's happy to pirate an app would suddenly rush out and buy it, instead of just pirating it another 4 times?

You have a very rosy view of the mobile app development industry.

Heisenberg_009 likes this.
  11. dsmonteiro

It still breaks the forum's rules and it still is inciting to commit piracy.

But then please help me understand, who does it help then?

Your logic is beyond flawed:
    • According to you, it doesn't help people that already pirate.
    • It helps people that are on the fence of buying. But wouldn't those people buy it regardless of sharing the account or not?
    • So, by doing this it makes people that would potentially buy to buy less.
    • But you still say that it helps the devs.
    That's just an excuse to make people feel less bad for pirating apps.

Again, cheap people will always be cheap.

Heisenberg_009 and theshinybeast like this.
  12. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

that's why I said my solution won't help the thief.

I don't have a Rosy picture, therefore trying to find a way to make it that way.

13. dsmonteiro

It still doesn't allow you to pirate within the apps if I'm not mistaken. But even if it does, it still proves my point. Companies and Devs are working on ways to make people pay for the stuff they make.

Heisenberg_009 likes this.
  14. Heisenberg_009

The whole point of your thread, and this is always the case, is to agree with your view point or come up with a solution. Its like asking a miss world contestant to solve ISIS.

15. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

no, it isn't encouraging piracy. feel free to report.

there is no flaw in the logic given. how can it help the thief? even if it were to help, he will still have to buy first. so developer community benefits.

the point to understand is at least one sale per family as opposed to none. that is the target.

16. dsmonteiro

@Sridhar Ananthanarayanan you seem, like in previous discussions, to have made up your mind that your reasoning trumps everyone else's despite the fact that literally everyone is pointing out the many ways where your thread not only does not help, but effectively hurts developers.

As such, I excuse myself from repeating myself over and over again with no practical results.

DrAakash and Heisenberg_009 like this.
  17. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

and so are people at XDA and other communities to bypass them.

18. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

that's because apart from simply saying what I said is wrong, none of you came up with a way to address this issue.

and unless you do that, you shouldn't expect me or anyone to see a different picture.

19. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 16, 2017

toastytoast1234 , May 16, 2017 :
    I think they do actually ask them stuff like that these days. I don't believe it tends to go well.

20. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

my comment above is for you too.