[FAQ] All about OxygenOS – Jul 2020

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Jul 20, 2020

Gary C. , Jul 20, 2020 :
    1305555-ca912c61bb77c9d0d19f00d800e064eb.png
    Hey everyone,

It's time for July's OxygenOS FAQs! Here, we sort out and answer the most frequently asked questions regarding our operating system, to give you all the info you need.

Latest FAQs are as follows, please read on.

[Q&A]

Q: I have updated the OnePlus 7 series (7 / 7 Pro / 7T / 7T Pro) to the latest stable version. I found that the keyboard area was raised, and two new icons appeared on it.
    A: In this update, we have elevated the input area and added two shortcut buttons: for "Hide keyboard" and for "Choose input method" to make it convenient and reduce mis-touches. Since the update was released, we've received some feedback about the change. We plan to add a "Hide elevated area and shortcut buttons" option for our users in later versions. Please stay tuned.

Q: I have hidden the bottom bar in Settings on OnePlus 7 series (7 / 7 Pro / 7T / 7T Pro), but it still appears occasionally.
    A: We are sorry for the inconvenience. This issue will be fixed in the next OTA, which is expected to be released in this. Stay tuned!

Q: After updating my OnePlus 7 series device (7 / 7 Pro / 7T / 7T Pro) to the latest stable version, it's difficult to pull down the status bar while in full screen.
    A: We are fully aware of this and have been working on this issue. Please stay tuned.

Q: Why can’t I see the app icon on Launcher after downloading?
    A: Please check your Launcher settings. Long press the Launcher > HOME SETTINGS > Add icon to Home Screen. Once enabled, the downloaded app will be added to the home screen automatically.
    Besides, please check if "Show game icons in Game Space only" is enabled in Game Space. All game icons will be stored in Game Space and hidden from Launcher and Drawer when you switch on the feature. However, the icons will re-appear once you switch off.

Q: Why can't OnePlus 8 / 8 Pro's camera achieve full screen ratio?
    A: The viewing angle range is too narrow if the front camera is in a full-screen ration, so we limit the use of the original ratio of 4:3. If you need full screen ratio, you can edit and cut in the gallery.

[Alexa]

Q: What are Alexa Built-in phones?
    A: Alexa Built-in phones allow customers to easily set up and manage their Alexa experience at home or while on-the-go, using just their voice (Alexa Hands-Free) or by using the power button (Alexa supported). This eliminates the need to click on the Alexa app each time to access Alexa. You can start using Alexa on your phone, as you would on your Echo device.

Q: Does the Alexa app come pre-installed on my Alexa Built-in OnePlus 8 series phone?
    A: No, the Alexa app does not come pre-installed. To start using Alexa, download the Alexa app from Google Play store and sign-in.

Q: Can I make calls through Alexa?
    A: Yes, you can ask Alexa to make cellular calls to phone numbers or any of your contacts saved to Alexa, just by asking Alexa. To access this feature, you need to grant the Alexa app permission to use your phone dialer the first time you place a call.

Q: Is there a cost for using Alexa Built-in?
    A: There is no cost to download and sign in to the Alexa app. Since Alexa needs internet connection to work, data charges might be incurred based on your network plan if you are not on Wi-Fi.

Never Settle.

Past FAQ:
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS – Jun 2020
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS – May 2020
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS – April, 2020
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS – March, 2020

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 20, 2020

3. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Jul 20, 2020

4. Girish.Pranav
    Honeycomb Jul 20, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  5. sam311
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2020

6. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Jul 20, 2020

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    One big request, OnePlus nord will come with Google messages and dialer app. Please allow to download OnePlus messages and dialer app through play store on OnePlus nord. I really like OnePlus's own app especially the messages app. Please[e]1f64f[/e]

7. Areebanwar
    Honeycomb Jul 20, 2020

Areebanwar , Jul 20, 2020 :
    In this what? Week?? Hour??? Minute???? Month????? Year?????? Lifetime???????

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thank you for your tuning in to my rant.

And thank you @Gary C. for the update.

:p

8. Yunusrg
    Froyo Jul 20, 2020

9. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 20, 2020

Dunnow , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Is this what happens on the 6t that the Google Keyboard is super tall when no nav-bar is set?

EthanMaskie and the_reckoner like this.
  10. Dhr888
    Gingerbread Jul 20, 2020

11. I1595236860302
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

MazdaZohaib likes this.
  12. kotlasaikumar
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

D1564196764187 and sam_088 like this.
  13. Alan Murray
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

14. ankitmaity
    Gingerbread Jul 20, 2020

15. pmaescobio
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

pmaescobio , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    My smartphone, an oneplus5 doesn't work with others gadgets Garmin (Garmin edge1030) that I need for a correct training.
    I have a connection problem between both devices. Could you give me a solution?

16. a7yan
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

17. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 20, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.

19. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2020

Swatiranjan , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Thank you @Gary C. for these important information. I hope Creation of new threads for solutions of these issues can be reduced. 😜

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  20. Anmol_46
    Froyo Jul 20, 2020

Anmol_46 , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Still no issues mentioned of ambient display broken and portrait mode issue on the oneplus 7 series.... seriously oneplus you should think as to what should be posted in the FAQ's. All the oneplus 7 series users are posting this question from the last 2 months and still this issue has not been addressed till now.