[FAQ] All about OxygenOS – May 2020

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member May 18, 2020

Gary C. , May 18, 2020 :
    faq copy.png

Hey everyone,

Since day one, we've been actively listening to the suggestions and opinions of our users, taking every piece of feedback seriously. To keep the communication up to date, we've prepared a new monthly FAQs focusing on OxygenOS. Let's get into it!

[Q&A]

Q: When will Android 10 be available in OnePlus 5 and 5T series?
    A: We have already released the Open Beta version for the OnePlus 5 and 5T. You may download and install the update from the OBT post in Community via this link. Stay tuned for more announcements.

Q: When will the new Open Beta build launch on the OnePlus 7 and 7T series?
    A: We are gradually pushing the latest Open Beta version of the OnePlus 7 and 7T series (update announcement: OnePlus 7 Pro and 7; OnePlus 7T Pro and 7T). We will push it out to all open beta users in a few days. Thank you for your patience.

Q: Some users have suggested that the operation efficiency in the multitasking interface can be improved.
    A: We have optimized the multitasking interface for switching applications more conveniently and quickly. It is at the Beta stage of the Play Store and will be officially launched in a few days.

Q: What kind of upgrades can be expected in the Dark Mode?
    A: To make it easier for users to turn on Dark Mode with one click, we are planning to add the Dark Mode switch in Quick Settings. It will be having internally testing before pushing Open Beta version to wider users. This feature update is scheduled for internal testing this month.

Q: In volume adjustment, the volume at the lowest level is still too high.
    A: We have made overall adjustments to the volume, including lowering the average loudness at the lowest level, optimizing the curve of the first five levels of volume changes, and making changes according to the feedback in previous versions. This update has been merged into this month's Open Beta version.

Q1: After updating the OnePlus Launcher, there are lags while using the app.
    Q2: The name under the Launcher icon disappears.
    Q3: After updating to the latest version, app start-up animation lags or drops frames.
    A: The problems mentioned above have been fixed in the latest OnePlus Launcher, please update the app on Play Store.

Q: Why does the "new phone" heat up while using OnePlus Switch?
    A: During the transfer process, the "new phone" or the receiver needs to perform data recovery and install relevant software at the same time while receiving data. We can expect temperature rising up at a normal range without compromising any functions.It is normal for the temperature to rise slightly.

Q: With the Battery Saver enabled on the OnePlus 8 series, when using the navigation or other apps, the signal can sometimes become weak.
    A: In Battery Saver mode, if the screen is off, the device will disable GPS to save power. To keep the GPS, we recommend you try:
    1. Turn off the Battery Saver, to disable: Settings-Battery-Turn off Battery Saver;
    2. Turn off Sleep standby optimization, to disable: Settings-Battery-Battery optimization-Click on the upper right corner-Advanced optimization-Turn off Sleep standby optimization.

Q: Why is there no Internet connection while sharing the hotspot on the OnePlus 8 series?
    A: In the sharing settings of the hotspot, "Sharing Wi-Fi only," or "Sharing Mobile data only" might be enabled. Please set it to "auto-switch"; Settings-Wi-Fi & Internet-Hotspots & tethering-Sharing settings-Select Auto-Switch.

Q:Why can't I dismiss the notifications for app updates?
    A:Auto update over Wi-Fi is the default android setting for every android app. To stop these notifications, go to Google Play-Hamburger Menu-Settings and change the setting to "Auto-update apps".

Q:What all can I do using Alexa on my Alexa Built-in OnePlus 8 series phone?
    A:Alexa can be used for several things, such as:
    1. Play music, listen to audiobooks and stream podcasts
    2. Make calls, check the weather, set timers and add items to your to-do list
    3. Voice control compatible smart home devices remotely

Q:What languages does Alexa support on my Alexa Built-in OnePlus 8 series phone?
    A:Alexa is available in US English, Indian English, Great Britain English, Spain Spanish, French, Italian, and German. To change the language Alexa responds in, go into phone Settings > search for Languages > Languages & Input > select the desired language. However, please note that this will change the language for your phone as well.

Q:I have completed setup on OnePlus 8 series phone, yet Alexa is not responding or response is slow. What can I do?
    A:Poor data network connectivity may impair Alexa’s ability to respond. Please ensure that your phone is connected to a fast internet connection.

If you complete voice training in a noisy environment, Alexa Hands-Free may not work correctly. If Alexa is not working consistently, try deleting your existing voice training, and training your voice again. Please be sure to perform voice re-training in a quiet environment.

We hope your questions have been answered. If you have any questions and suggestions about OxygenOS, please feel free to share your feedback in this post or via the Community's Feedback option. We are always in relentless pursuit of better products!

Never Settle.

Past FAQ:
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS – April, 2020
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS – March, 2020

2. 97pratyush
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 18, 2020

97pratyush , via OnePlus 7 , May 18, 2020 :
    Finally! I hope it's system wide dark mode in quick settings. And consistent dark mode, not gray in some areas and black in some.

Edit : Got this in OB14 itself. Developer Settings - > Quick settings Tiles-> Dark Mode.

Last edited: May 20, 2020

3. Sidhaarth mutreja
    Gingerbread May 18, 2020

5. Javvadibabajee
    Eclair May 18, 2020

6. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb May 18, 2020

SWAPPYONE , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , May 18, 2020 :
    The issues on latest beta for OnePlus 7 precisely:
    1) Third party apps stuck midway and if we try removing from recent apps nothing happens if won't let us exit the app happened with Instagram, settings app (did basic trouble shooting steps still it persists occurrence 1 out of 100 cases)
    2) Off-screen gestures and related features won't start working right away after locking the device rather the need Kick start by turning the device screen on and off once then the work for a while and stop after I have to repeat the same
    (I don't know if this is something resulted as of battery optimisation but hints tell me so, anyways battery saver is off for me when this occurred , occurs frequently)

7. G_Huynh_Tinh
    Gingerbread May 18, 2020

8. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb May 18, 2020

SWAPPYONE , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , May 18, 2020 :
    You know what it does to the battery: it sucks it literally!!
    Why can't users just lift or tap the device to get the info which AOD will provide.....
    it's not like everyone is mounting their OnePlus device just to glorify the clock and date that it will show rather let the team decide the thing...
    now I know that ideas forum had this topic accepted but the functionality it brings and at what cost is just not acceptable
    Just give me a real reason to not say may opinion dude...

9. aslamshaikhisdi
    Eclair May 18, 2020

aslamshaikhisdi , via OnePlus 5T , May 18, 2020 :
    Thank you for alll the updates. I am facing some issues after updating my 5T with latest open beta. Unable to charg my phone while it's on, the charging us very slow. It's taking almost 2.30 hrs to fully charge. Battery is draining very fast.

Hope to get some answer or this get resolved soon.

N1590899188672 likes this.
  10. MadyKarthi
    Gingerbread May 18, 2020

Last edited: May 18, 2020

11. Batman360
    KitKat May 18, 2020

Batman360 , May 18, 2020 :
    Woaaahhh an informative Q&A 🔥 Thanks for clarification @Gary C. . Very much looking forward to the dark mode, I'm really missing it since long when you removed the Override dark mode, atleast you could have kept it until the new dark mode update 🥺

12. Abdullashaikh
    Honeycomb May 18, 2020

Chosen_One likes this.
  13. MadyKarthi
    Gingerbread May 18, 2020

Jean_Aubrion likes this.
  14. Aman_kalyan
    Gingerbread May 18, 2020

Aman_kalyan , via OnePlus 3T , May 18, 2020 :
    Very informative Q&A. I appreciate that efforts of everyone involved. Really amazing to see that questions by users are being answered and suggestions are being considered. Looking forward to use it when I get my OnePlus 8

S1571376712240 and kingslim like this.
  15. ryhold
    Cupcake May 18, 2020

ryhold , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 18, 2020 :
    Could you please get rid of the gap under the keyboard in Android 10?

If the gap area is accidentally clicked whilst using WeChat, the whole keyboard stops reacting to input. This is the case when using gestures and hiding the bottom bar at the same time.

Check for yourselves!

DMacOP6 and Lukas Otto like this.
  16. Claus_D
    Cupcake May 18, 2020

Claus_D , May 18, 2020 :
    What about the problem that apps are freezing after Oxygen 10 update? When will it be solved?
    There are many threads about this in the forum.

17. AYYAPUSETTY JEEVAN KUMAR
    Gingerbread May 18, 2020

18. tonytomt007
    Eclair May 18, 2020

19. zer0mins
    Eclair May 18, 2020

zer0mins , May 18, 2020 :
    When will we receive 7T stable update for may. Much appreciate it. I see it in Beta3 Version include VOLTE, will also include update in stable of May?

Jean_Aubrion likes this.
  20. 9461951911
    Cupcake May 18, 2020

Chosen_One likes this.