[FAQ] All about OxygenOS – May 2020

1. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter May 23, 2020

2. Dhiraj Varma
    Cupcake May 23, 2020

Dhiraj Varma , via OnePlus 8 , May 23, 2020 :
    will there be integration of rcs into one plus's messaging service? would be a great addition considering you guys are experts at customisation (coz I'm loving my op8) also if there is already a way to do this please advise!

3. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 May 24, 2020

Artemus. , May 24, 2020 :
    Android Messages. You're welcome.

Dhiraj Varma likes this.
  4. viky2308
    Donut May 24, 2020

viky2308 , May 24, 2020 :
    I completely supporting u!

tonytomt007 likes this.
  5. juangigl
    Froyo May 24, 2020

6. juangigl
    Froyo May 24, 2020

7. juangigl
    Froyo May 24, 2020

8. DeeJaaWoo
    Gingerbread May 24, 2020

DeeJaaWoo , May 24, 2020 :
    it's almost useless as it just resizes a window. and you can't use multiple windows at once... and it only works on few Google apps. check how miui has done it. it's fab and perfect.

9. juangigl
    Froyo May 24, 2020

juangigl , May 24, 2020 :
    i don't have any xiaomi device...lol...yeah some apps are not supported...

10. DeeJaaWoo
    Gingerbread May 24, 2020

check on YouTube buddy... miui floating window... I might shift to a mi device if OnePlus doesn't up their game

11. juangigl
    Froyo May 24, 2020

juangigl , May 24, 2020 :
    it's ur call...android is preference and relative...what may be good to you may not be good to others and vice versa...both oxygen and miui have it's own strengths and weaknesses...i think no android skin is perfect...nevertheless, i hope oneplus can hear ur issue and concern for us all to benefit😀

12. DeeJaaWoo
    Gingerbread May 24, 2020

OnePlus never listens ... they do only to old ideas which are software tweaks of the past .... i have posted various threads of unique ideas ... have a look at my profile/posts ... Regards ...

Q1584198870929 likes this.
  13. X1552989614187
    Cupcake May 24, 2020

14. Artemus.

Not EVERYTHING people suggest is doable, especially if it's extraneous or bloat-y.

15. DeeJaaWoo
    Gingerbread May 24, 2020

do you mean everything on OnePlus phones is bloat free? do you see a little animation when you switch pages on homescreen. the icons disappear and reappear... that's 100% useless.... I'm sure I've used many more phones than you to compare bloat vs useful feature.... split multitasking is the thing of the past.... a floating window is important and useful. giving that as an option isn't bloat. please read my whole context of the statement. thanks

16. DeeJaaWoo
    Gingerbread May 24, 2020

I'm sorry if it came out a little harsh. but I'm tired of people just assuming and being defensive on OnePlus is just perfect..... no phone is perfect.... that's why we have to adapt the best and stay the momentary best phones.... let's start accepting ideas and suggestions and think on them rather than bashing them out. thanks

17. Artemus.

Never bashed, just saying not everything people suggest gets pushed to the ROM. Doesn't mean to stop suggesting but don't be discouraged if your idea gets pushed to the wayside for whatever reason.

18. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter May 24, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 24, 2020 :
    I don't know how floating windows is intended to work in detail... I've seen some 3rd party apps doing it though.
    Personally I'm perfectly fine with splitt screen. Having more than 2 windows open at the same time on such a small screen... If it can be done in a smart way I'm all in for it though. Having it on and using it via some DEX interface and a big screen... That is a different story 🙂
    The day when any phone can be used as a full fledged replacement of a dockable windows laptop would be awsome. It's not quite there yet though, if you ask me.

Artemus. likes this.
  19. DeeJaaWoo
    Gingerbread May 24, 2020

YouTube for miui floating windows. you'll never use splitscreen again. Its perfect

20. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter May 24, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 24, 2020 :
    I see that some situations has use of it. But for me most of time I want to use an app in full screen... Rarely use split screen either.
    Dual or multiple windows open at the same time is more a big screen feature for me.
    While an YouTube window in a corner while reading or typing works... I'll rather have the video on the computer and do other stuff full screen on the phone.
    I don't mind doing a quick swipe between apps as long as as I feel that it's easy to work with the apps.
    Too many apps don't even support splitscreen yet...

KABAD likes this.