FAQ for Trade in to Trade up (OnePlus 7 Pro, USA edition)

1. S1540987544556 Cupcake May 18, 2019

S1540987544556, May 18, 2019 :
    does this mean you must wait until 15 day return date is up before you can apply for the cash back deal?

2. kingofcra5h Cupcake May 18, 2019

kingofcra5h, May 18, 2019 :
    I placed an order for a voucher trade in by mistake, is there a way to cancel the voucher and replace it with the cash back trade in? I have not yet shipped the phone back to the trade in partner yet.

3. rlshky Eclair May 18, 2019

rlshky, May 18, 2019 :
    Yes

4. Corndiggity Cupcake May 18, 2019

Corndiggity, May 18, 2019 :
    Bummer, I did the exact same thing. It seems kind of silly that you can't just cancel or switch the type of trade-in by calling in. It's enough to potentially deter the purchase entirely in my case :/ oh well!

5. MakenXsoul Cupcake May 22, 2019

MakenXsoul, May 22, 2019 :
    Thanks for the update. UGH I think I messed up, it's my first time trading in phone and I selected voucher instead of cashback. Not only that all my back up phone are inoperable leaving me phoneless.

Sent an email to support, but may be a few days before answered. I'm wondering if I should just buy the phone now.

6. G_swapnil_hira_ylMC Cupcake Jun 6, 2019

G_swapnil_hira_ylMC, Jun 6, 2019 :
    you can buy the phone now, own it for 15 days so that you are out of oneplus's return window. Then you can apply for cashback

7. quantumsoup Cupcake Jun 8, 2019

quantumsoup, Jun 8, 2019 :
    I submitted a trade-in request for my OP3 and selected 'Voucher' at the time of purchase for the OP7P. I allowed the OP7P order to be automatically canceled because I didn't want to wait for the Voucher to apply to the purchase. Well, I received the postage-free trade-in box but it is tied to a Voucher order. Can my trade-in request be changed to 'Cash-back' so I can proceed to reorder the OP7P and get rebated on the trade-in phone (yes, waiting 15 days past the money-back guarantee deadline)? Then I will feel confident to reorder knowing I have no worries about obtaining an interim phone. 唔該晒。

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019

8. G_swapnil_hira_ylMC Cupcake Jun 8, 2019

G_swapnil_hira_ylMC, Jun 8, 2019 :
    No, you cannot. I guess alot of people had this questions about changing the trade-up process in the middle. One plus has added this on their website aswell under FAQs for trade-up.

9. quantumsoup Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

quantumsoup, Jun 9, 2019 :
    It is not the end of the world that customers are not able to switch from 'Voucher' to 'Trade-in' after committing. My choices now are to either [1] buy the phone with the help of another person's account and 'Trade-in' the old phone using their account, a workaround or [2] buy the phone outright and sell the old phone on the open market probably fetching an equal or higher price. OnePlus is not in the business of dealing used phones. Its focus is, and should be, selling innovative new phones. :eek::cool:o_O