FAQs for OxygenOS 11 on OnePlus 8T

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Product Lead Staff Member Oct 29, 2020

Gary C. , Oct 29, 2020 :
    faq copy.png

Hi everyone,

I'm sure many of you are brimming with excitement now that you have started receiving and using your brand-new OnePlus 8T. Since it comes preloaded with the latest OxygenOS 11, based on Android 11, and it'll also be the first time to use a OnePlus device from some of you, we prepared answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding our operating system, so that you can focus only on having a great experience with your new phone.

The FAQs are as follows, please read on.

Q: Why has Colorful Tone been adjusted / removed in OxygenOS11?
    A: OxygenOS 11 has a refreshed visual design for a better integral experience. Display functions have been redesigned, and Dark Mode has been optimized as well. "Tone" in "Customization" is now moved under "Display – Dark Mode", with two new options – "Schedule on/off" and "Force Dark Mode" being added. We are looking forward to your feedback & suggestions.

Q: How do I enable AOD?
    A: Please navigate to Settings – Display – Ambient Display - Always-on ambient display. You can also schedule it as needed.

Q: AOD display's brightness is low, why is that?
    A: Hello, to save power and avoid screen burns, AOD will control the brightness within a reasonable range when enabled, hence brightness may seem low.

Q: There are only two rows of icons in the drop-down status bar.
    A: We will optimize it to the layout with three rows of icon in the future. Please look out for updates in the upcoming versions.

Q: Why does the app icon show up on the status bar even after being set as "Other" in the app notifications?
    A: As per the latest Google regulations, the app icons still show up on the status bar when other notifications are received. We will add a new setting option in the upcoming version update, users can choose to "hide or turn on the icon of the secondary notification message". You can expect these changes in the upcoming updates of OnePlus Launcher.

Q: Why do I need to pull down the notification bar to tap the "Clear all" button when multiple notifications appear?
    A: We are already working on improving this, and it's expected to be resolved in the future OTA updates.

Q: Why can't I see the "Quick delete" button in the Messages pop-up window in OxygenOS 11?
    A: If you encounter this situation, please try this out: Open Messages - tap the three dots in the upper right corner - Settings - Turn on the "Quick delete" button.

Q: Why are some Apps and OnePlus Gallery not getting updated and installed through the Play Store?
    A: Thanks for the feedback. This is a known issue and we have been communicating with Google team to resolve the problem together. It is expected to be fixed in the upcoming stable version. Please keep an eye for the upcoming update.

Q: Why can't I use widgets in the new version of Zen Mode?
    A: The new version of Zen Mode does not support desktop widgets. Now you may find them under quick settings > swipe left > find Zen Mode.

Q: HDR seems to not work sometimes when I play HDR videos in gallery.
    A: Please try the following steps to solve it: Go to the Play store to update the OnePlus gallery APP to the latest version, and then reboot the phone. If the problem still occurs, please feedback to us via the OnePlus community. Thanks!

Q: Message App crashes occasionally after clicking the icon.
    A: To solve this problem, please try to set the phone as the suggestion: press and hold MMS app icon -> tap “App info” -> “Storage & cache” -> “Clear storage”. We will also fix it in the future update. If the problem exists, please kindly feedback to us.

Q:Why are the parallel apps feature not function normally?
    A:This is known issue and has been fixed. It will be released in the upcoming version. Please stay tuned.

We hope you found the answers above helpful. If not, please feel free to share your doubts via the Community app. We will keep improving the products in order to provide better experience. Enjoy your trip with OnePlus 8T!

Never Settle.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2020

2. palc001
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 29, 2020

palc001 , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Gallery is not getting updated through PlayStore? - It is being sorted out with Google.
    HDR videos not playing? - Update Gallery from PlayStore and reboot phone.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020

3. Suyash866
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2020

4. desazz
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2020

desazz , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Not even a single which supports high frame rates like 90 and 120 fps ,the phone is stuck at 60 fps why?
    Games likes Alto's Odyssey,pubg mobile,real racing 3,dead trigger 2 and many mare like these high frame rates games.

5. NishitKakkad
    Donut Oct 29, 2020

Attached Files:

6. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2020

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Surprise Surprise Surprise. You know one more interesting fact, even though OnePlus 8 series support 5G, it isn't enabled by OnePlus yet in many regions. Bad luck.

7. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2020

Pinky02 and NishitKakkad like this.
  8. SubhashRobbie
    Donut Oct 29, 2020

9. H1603371075773
    Eclair Oct 29, 2020

H1603371075773 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 29, 2020 :
    On my one plus 8t device, I wished to make parallel app for one application which is not there in system suggested list of applications for parallel apps. Other mobiles do allow almost all the downloaded applications to use parallel space. However this one plus 8t is restricting it to few selected apps which does not solve the purpose. (For example I am not able to create parallel app for my whatsapp business application) Kindly consider this request as well in the next upgrade.

Syadiq and jobaniora like this.
  10. H1603371075773
    Eclair Oct 29, 2020

H1603371075773 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Suggestion: To make restrictions on call recording option country specific: Today call recording has become very important part of data storage. For example when my client says something imp and I am in hurry so could not note it down, I would prefer recording it for future reference. However being professional I could not tell my client everytime that I am recording the call to avoid the mistakes and future reference (even though he might be knowing it on his own). So if call recording is an offence as per UAE law, you may disable such call recording option to devices used there. But in india you must make such options available to users. I spent 46k to buy one plus 8t, but now it is not even solving my purpose which I used to do it using 15k phone. It is very hard earned money. Kind consider the request on priority basis and your response to this feedback will be highly appreciated.

11. SubhashRobbie
    Donut Oct 29, 2020

SubhashRobbie , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Exactly without checking on auto call recorder I spent 46k and I tot it's and basic option but here its not thr feeling very bad... Am thinkng to sell off this stupid phone and buy MI9pro for ACR option

12. VirenJagwani
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2020

SaranshOP and JazzyJRenee like this.
  13. Pritamvidrohi
    Donut Oct 29, 2020

14. Kvinoth_Kumar
    Eclair Oct 29, 2020

becoach, ce_franck, Mobin TB and 5 others like this.
  15. TejaNune
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2020

M@n!Kumar likes this.
  16. mud4ss4r
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2020

mud4ss4r , Oct 29, 2020 :
    You did not answer a basic question all 8T users have been asking for.

Question of the year: When are you going to add OnePlus Stock Calls & Message App to OnePlus 8T?

Because we feel it is a partiality with us as 8T too is your flagship. And 8 series already has your stock apps. And not the google one like us.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020

17. SJais
    Donut Oct 29, 2020

18. Z1603363206660
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2020

Z1603363206660 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Ya true.. it should be there.. must urgent needed feature as of now

19. P1512569276852
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

20. WASIM OnePlus
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020