FAQs for OxygenOS 11 Open Beta

1. W1575882800107
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2020

W1575882800107 , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 31, 2020 :
    After the new OS 11 Update my BSNL 4G sim's signal comes and goes every 30 sec . I also did some trouble shooting but it didn't work. I tried the sim on other OnePlus Device that I own and the sim worked perfectly fine. So I think there is issue with the new update . Please help me . And also tell me how to fix this issue.

2. Q1594612126988 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 31, 2020 :
    Hi, yes even facing same issue , none of the apps are working properly. Better if we get old version till new version is get stable.

3. pavankahar@143
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2020

pavankahar@143 , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 31, 2020 :
    Hi there..... After updating the software... Some of my apps are not working... Tried to install mobile banking again but while registering the same it is showing SMS sending failed.... What to do now.... Kindly help

4. Q1594612126988 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 31, 2020 :
    How to downgrade to older version from Android 11 OnePlus 8 Pro ?

Seriously I need old version as Android 11 has infinity bugs in all the apps.

How to downgrade without losing data

5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 31, 2020 :
    There is no lossless way to rollback. Do backups with Oneplus Switch of the stuff you don't want to loose. Copy to computer. Rollback. Copy back. Restore.
    Avoid backup of stuff you do don't need and that can perhaps cause issues. Like all settings and stuff.
    Use internal backup features of some apps if you need it. The backup does not copy back app data just reinstalls it.
    I don't use backups at all myself. All media files are synced with Onedrive anyway in my case. And most stuff that matters are handled by the apps themselfs.
    My guess is that next 11 update is not far away. My recommendation is that you might try to hold on some time and do a clean install after next update. Copy back any data you need afterwards. Clean installs often fixes a few issues. (factory reset without using Google data restore during setup. In other words start as new device).
    Either way a wipe will happen regardless of rollback or clean install to avoid some upgrade issues.

6. zeeshan153
    Eclair Nov 1, 2020

zeeshan153 , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 1, 2020 :
    My camera and flashligjt is not working after oxygen 11, i tried everything like factory reset, wipe clear everything etc..but still facing the same problem, shit update oxygen os 11

7. Q1597060069514
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2020

Q1597060069514 , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 8, 2020 :
    Why icon are not getting update after I update an app from the store like gmail got new icon but I still have same icon in my device ..??? Please have a look .

8. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2020

Tee_Eee_Bee , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 9, 2020 :
    Try clearing the cache for the launcher app

9. adarshgopinathan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 13, 2020 :
    OnePlus has not given any solution for the affected users who lost their data due to the problem introduced by the latest update.

Some user posts on the company's community forums also suggest that the OxygenOS 11.0.1.1 update deactivated VoLTE and VoWi-Fi on OnePlus 8 Pro and impacted Web streaming experiences. Also effective error playstore security update, Some users who were already running an OxygenOS open beta additionally complained that they wrongly received the OxygenOS 11.0.1.1 as a stable update that led to a full data wipe on their phones. Bubbles not working. 5g network with UAE country not working

10. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Nov 13, 2020 :
    If data was lost due to rebooting and got the device wiped it's too late to do something. What can be done must be done BEFORE rebooting. And they gave us that solution.
    If people's data is critical and not replaceable it should have been backed up. Plenty of stuff that can result in data loss (stolen, drops, water damage, service errands, accidentally detecting the wrong stuff..). And the only thing that will save the data in many situations is backups. It does not really matter how the data is lost. Lost data will remain lost.

Some users solved the VoLTE/VoWiFi issue by manually reset APN/network.

I have failed to notice any comments about Play Store. Mostly heard that the play store issues people had in 11.0.0 was fixed.

I can't replicate any strange bubble issues on beta 3. What exactly is your issues? Induvidual apps or all apps?

Have you lost Auto 5G option or just the 5G not available?

As most often most bugs does not apply to everyone. When it does... Why? What is the differance? What can be done differently? Does a clean install help?

You may want to report your issues via the feedback tool.

View attachment 1458248

11. adarshgopinathan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 13, 2020 :
    I reset completely and installed os oxgen 10.5.9. .
    5G auto or normal option i am not found after update.
    next completely update time send to you every screen shots

12. Faisal Ekram
    Eclair Nov 14, 2020

13. Venkat1207
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2020

14. Rudemir
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2020 at 8:14 PM

Rudemir , Nov 20, 2020 at 8:14 PM :
    I just installed a new Beta build and after rebooting phone asks for password providing QWERTY keyboard. I don't recall any password for this and Forgot Password option wipes the phone.. Anybody any ideas how I can fix this?

15. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2020 at 1:21 AM

Tee_Eee_Bee , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 21, 2020 at 1:21 AM :
    Try using your screen unlock pin or password.

Just be careful that it doesn't want to wipe your data anyway.

16. Missbeya
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2020 at 8:35 AM