FAQs for OxygenOS 11 Open Beta

1. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 31, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 31, 2021 :
    I'm not saying they should not improve... But as long as I used Oneplus they have never on regular basis released early security updates. Releses had never been exactly montly or bi-monthly with any high precision. 7 Pro was the first one.

I can understand that new users that is used to monthly security updates sees this as a huge let down. But it should not come as a surprice if they did some research before buying. The solution is pretty simply. Money talks. If the security patches is a top priority for more and more users Oneplus have to follow to keep customers.
    I've had devices that may be fit for users with such priority... But they were so boring to own... I want beta channels, I want a more interesting OS, more action and changes.

I wish users where aware of the security patch schedule. It's not exactly in ads or used as a selling point. But it's not inaccessible info either...
    Knowing what you buy decreases risks of disappointments.

2. G_Chee_Seng_vsTK
    Gingerbread Feb 1, 2021

G_Chee_Seng_vsTK , Feb 1, 2021 :
    Haha I saw all your post keep defending Oneplus. 😆😆😆

3. alessan
    Honeycomb Feb 1, 2021

alessan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 1, 2021 :
    Hmm, whats so hard to release security updates regularly, and not rush major Updates? I always tried to defend Oneplus, but one can really see they cant handle putting out that many phones.
    If they update reaches people in the middle of february, we are running around with an almost 4 month old security patch.. wake up, this is a flagship that is not even one year old...
    I know HTC had the same problems, we all know what happened to them. People care about Sodtware Updates, at least Oneplus buyers.!
    Whereas companies as Samsung are getting better in putting out updates and now even offer 3 major upates, Oneplus is getting worse.
    In my opinion this is the beginning of the end of Oneplus if they don't change that.
    I contacted support, maybe they will wake up..

Abd i m with you, this Forum is just about people complaining about realese dates of the updates, and bugs in them. But i guess people have the right to complain, as Oneplus is getting worse with every phone they release

G_Chee_Seng_vsTK likes this.
  4. Cumir
    Eclair Feb 1, 2021

Cumir , Feb 1, 2021 :
    OnePlus is in the business of ordering money, not fixing bugs. Crooked Volte, disgusting localization in other languages, again this awful cover on the lock screen when listening to music, which was not in beta1 and the stable version, Google removed this squalor, oneplus returned. Where is the implementation of the real black theme that people voted for in the idea competition? Where is the normal autonomy, on a par with 10 android? They don't give a damn about bugs, they will release another dummy patch without a fixed one. None of us forced them to set deadlines for updates, release bad phones by filling the market and sacrificing software. (written with the help of a translator)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021

5. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 1, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 1, 2021 :
    Yes, the release of Nord and the expansion causes growing pain. And I can see why problems may arise. Growing with staff that can support the devices takes longer time. But hopefully this is a phase.

OnePlus is fun an interesting to me. But they are not without spots needing improvments.

Security updates is one of those things. For example one update every month, small or big does not matter really... Just that it comes with security. But then we get huge complainst over "just security" updates from a certain type of users. But it would make people, a major part of customers happy, unless you prefer big updates and features every time, the you complain...

Not rushing major updates... This is a part of a bigger problem. They profile themself as rolling out major updates early (atleast on newest phones). This is ofcourse a problem if the base OS is not stable enough. If Pixels has major issues no other OEM with have it much better either.
    Early adopter can buy Oneplus just because of this. Other people hate it due to the problems arising from this. So what to do? Oneplus stil has roots as an enthusiast brand but has branched out and attract a wider audience.
    Personally I think stable and beta needs to separate even further... Stable for users that just want to a nice stable and functional phone, perhaps even a bit boring and rarely changes... But stable and much more problem free.
    Beta channels for the enthusiastic users that want to help out and beta test.
    Problem solved right? But no... Stable users scream after features from beta... Beta users complain about issues and stability... Would it be best to use the channel that give you most of what you want and stop wanting what the other channels have?
    No way to win it seems. But this wider split up would be my recommendation to Oneplus.
    Wider customer base demands a wider usability of the OS. And that can only be solved with treating stable and beta differently. Longer beta tests. More "boring" (=stable, longer term frozen in regards to changes and features) stable channel.
    Stable relese date of a new OS is a too big focus. Focus could instead be early betas and a well tested OS before Stable.

Wartou likes this.
  6. G_Thomas_S_PyvV
    Honeycomb Feb 1, 2021

G_Thomas_S_PyvV , Feb 1, 2021 :
    There shouldn't be any delay. The Oneplus 8 is less than a year old and is left behind for older phones? No excuse.
    The update we had was just to repair their screwups

tomerrr likes this.
  7. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 1, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 1, 2021 :
    You do realize that the January updates that has been rolled out looked like this?

1612206307218.jpg
    And they were Android 10 based...
    What if the upcomming updates on stable and beta are much bigger than that? And that it takes time for a reason?
    The updates are probably done several days ago. Just waits on the rollout to start.

McJader likes this.
  8. Cumir
    Eclair Feb 2, 2021

Cumir , Feb 2, 2021 :
    I don't care what they are based on, no one forced Oneplus to produce many phones so that they would not update others later. There are deadlines, they need to be observed, no excuses, 8pro and 8 are still the latest flagships, but they are breaking the update deadlines, seriously? (written with the help of a translator, sorry for my english 😅)

9. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 2, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 2, 2021 :
    They have relesed minor updates with basically just security updates in the past... And people scream and complain over "just" security update.
    So we have people screaming over the date when an update comes. And we have people complaining over the content of the update.
    So basically we have people's combined wishes wanting BIG updates on precise dates, bug free and never delayed, every single time.
    Sounds like a very nice goal but very hard to make a reality.
    Beta is 1 update ~ per month = approximated relese time, not exact dates.

Tee_Eee_Bee and McJader like this.
  10. Rahul C Mohan
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2021

Rahul C Mohan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 3, 2021 :
    I have been facing issues with Instagram from day 1.
    The videos and stories are all cropped out, and the customer support have no clue what needs to be done.
    And after the last update, a blank space is generated right under the text bar when returning to the conversation screen after opening a post received via DM.
    Am I the only one?

11. F_German_Hess_eCme , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 3, 2021 :
    Swejuggalo
    I have to work hardly to get 1000 €
    To earn its I have to meet the demands in my work
    I can’t ask my boss for time to do things, I have to do them quickly....at this moment
    So....Why can’t I demand oneplus the same thing they demand of me?
    Why should I be understanding and wait constantly ?
    today things are wanted immediately and more if you are in the premium range
    and even more if the competition is fulfilling

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021

G_Chee_Seng_vsTK and AzureB1te like this.
  12. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 3, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 3, 2021 :
    If you refer to security updates...
    Price ≠ Security updates.

Devices come in very different flavors. You get what you desire the most. If security patches is your top priority for example... What would be your safest bet then?

Someone likes Samsung. Someone likes iPhone. Someone likes Oneplus.
    Every user from these 3 camps have their own reasons for selecting one over an other device.

If they are happy they probably did the right choise for them. For someone else the same choise would be a terrible choise.
    Me and iPhone for example. That would be a terrible combination. I say that DESPITE actually owning a iPad Air 2020. I want slightly different things from a phone and a surfpad.
    For a phone I want fun, interesting and customizable OS and easy access to beta software. And for me Oneplus gives that. I've had very boring Android phones... They were very good regarding security updates at fairly precise dates but nothing barely ever happened otherwise. I prefer some delays than a boring phone myself.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021

13. AzureB1te
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2021

AzureB1te , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 4, 2021 :
    Well said

The_Chosen_One914 and Swejuggalo like this.
  14. Shubh2410
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2021

15. Shubh2410
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2021

16. P1603278177448
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2021

P1603278177448 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 10, 2021 :
    I am facing the same issue .if you find any solution kindly intimate

Arbaaz.in likes this.
  17. Arbaaz.in
    Donut Feb 10, 2021

Arbaaz.in , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 10, 2021 :
    After new update some of my issue is resolved automatically

18. P1603278177448
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2021

Arbaaz.in likes this.
  19. Arbaaz.in
    Donut Feb 10, 2021

Arbaaz.in , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 10, 2021 :
    I would suggest you to visit customer centre for instant solution bcoz they will update the stable OS

20. musijaz
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2021