Farewell Oneplus and never see us again

1. SALENTINVM
    Froyo Dec 4, 2020

SALENTINVM , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Hi all.

This is the last post I'll write in this community, since OnePlus decided to not repair my smartphone.

Everything begun on Oct 1st. the phone started bootlooping while charhing. There was a strong smell of welding and the phone was very hot.

I could enter recovery mode, so I tried a factory reset which didn't work and the phone was responding to the connector, so after succesfully entering fastboot mode I tried an EDL reset, which was done, but was not effective.

On Oct 4th the phone was sent to the CTDI through Mediaworld, an Italian store where I bought it on Nov 16th 2018.
    The phone was basically dead, the display wasn't responding anymore, so the guy which took it and sent it to the repair center wrote on the repair request that the phone wasn't turning on and nothing else.

On Oct 8th the device was received from the CTDI and after that I lost any trace of it.

In the first week of Novembre I started to ask some questions to the repair service, to know what was happening, they answered me with this mail:

Gentile Clienti,

In riferimento alla sua domanda per informazioni sullo stato della sua richiesta di riparazione OP202010060750123466. Vorremmo informarLa che dopo ispezione i nostri tecnici hanno trovato che la causa del problema è sembra essere una tipica esposizione a microonde, bruciate tutte le antenne di banda alta e bassa compresa la componente stretta. Plastica fusa su staffe. Per riparare il dispositivo sarà necessario sostituire tutti i pezzi di ricambio come la scheda madre; Cavi RF; Antenne. Inoltre, non c'è reazione per il caricabatterie, quindi non possono esaminare lo schermo per funzionare o meno. Questi tipi di danni vengono considerati fuori garanzia (Danno indotti dal cliente) perché in uno scenario di utilizzo normale è impossibile che si verifichi tale esposizione. Perciò la riparazione non sarà coperta da garanzia.

Restiamo in attesa per la sua risposta

L'assistenza cliente rimarrà sempre a sua disposizione per ulteriori domande o informazioni si prega di contattarci.

Buona giornata
    Cordiali Saluti,
    Alberto Garino
    L'assistenza Clienti ONEPLUS​

Basically they told me that the device was completely burnt inside (well I smelled it pretty well while it was going to explode near my head) and the damage seemd to be caused by a so called microwave exposition, so they were not willing to repair it under warrantry, there was no reaction to the charger, so they couldn't check the display.

No Repair quotation was sent to me, no photographic proof, no test report, just that messy excuse which seemd to me like "You have a new sexy toy! Enjoy it!"

After that I started asking for a Repair Quotation and a Test Report and none of them was sent to me.

Since the store politics is that they must repair your device in 60 days, yesterday on the 60th day I went to the store to ask them for informations.

Before going I checked again on the Oneplus Web Site and found the situation above

Nov 27, 2020 04:49 pm Il dispositivo riparato ti è stato rispedito.​

By what thy wrote, my device was sent back REPAIRED on Nov 27th

So I contected again the support through the chat and they told me that the device was sent back, but not repaired, because I refused the Quotation, a quotation which was never sent to me or to the store and that the store received it on Dec 1st.

So the show started and I contacted the store againd and turned out that the device was received unrepaired and that there was no quotation since the repair costs were too high for the phone value, and that anyway the repair service skipped the procedure by sending the device back because the quotation has to be sent in any condition and they didn't send it.

Then I contacted again the support asking for an explanation and they insisted on telling me that the quotation was sent and that I refused it.

Now I'm here, writing this post, with a burning question in my head.

"What are we customers to you, OnePlus? What have you become? "

Farewell OnePlus.

Never see us again

2. mrssml301
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2020

3. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Dec 5, 2020

Horsault , Dec 5, 2020 :
    If I understand your issue, your phone was too damaged for an economically logical repair. In other words, it would cost you more to repair it than to purchase a new device.
    FYI, here's price list (taxes excluded) for OP6T: https://www.oneplus.com/it/support/repair-pricing/details?code=9
    If you want a repair all the same, maybe you could chat directly with the repair team appointed by OnePlus from https://www.oneplus.com/it/support?from=head "Chatta con noi". I suspect your store mediation didn't allow for proper understanding.

Starcommander likes this.
  4. SALENTINVM
    Froyo Dec 5, 2020

SALENTINVM , Dec 5, 2020 :
    It was 1+ that sent back the device not repaired because of the costs.
    CTDI decided on itself, the store in all this is as not informed

5. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Dec 5, 2020

Horsault , Dec 5, 2020 :
    I understand, but
    So maybe you could still get a repair if joining support and explaining exactly you issue and that you wish a repair whatever the cost.
    I mean, if you still want a repair and don't prefer switching to another device.

It's not to excuse what happened, but CTDI was suspected to overestimate repairs some time ago. So I guess they took drastic measures and, just like your automobile insurance, if repair cost approaches device price, they prefer not to repair it.

6. SALENTINVM
    Froyo Dec 5, 2020

SALENTINVM , Dec 5, 2020 :
    After that experience I will not give another cent to OnePlus. I was planning on switching to another device and selling my 6t, but it broke so I lost even that money I’d save from selling it.