fast camera without physical button

1. kentsin
    Gingerbread Mar 25, 2014

kentsin , Mar 25, 2014 :
    You may say ok photo or ok movie to start shootibg

Quick shooting is very important to a phone design.

Without a physical, the noise cancllation mic can be use to lunch the camera app and start shooting.

If you cover that mic with a finger, it got mute completely. If there exist a co-processor than u can quickly detect such status

IF the main mic is use for such propose, then recording sound through the noise mic

Other sensors ike the proximate light sensor are not better then this. The main mic may also a good choice it will depend on the actually location where the mic is placed

2. infernowheels
    Jelly Bean Mar 25, 2014

infernowheels , Mar 25, 2014 :
    I think it'd just be easier if there's a dedicated camera button.
    However, if there won't be one, they could simply implement a gesture based feature to launch an assigned app like on the Find 7. Your suggestion sounds cool but it's impractical.

3. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Senior Moderator Mar 25, 2014

Mark Falsing , Mar 25, 2014 :
    Swiping Down on the black screen activates the camera on my Vivo, quick and smooth. Black screen gesture like @infernowheels suggests might be the solution if a physical button is omitted.

4. Sparkolo
    KitKat Community Expert Mar 25, 2014

Sparkolo , Mar 25, 2014 :
    Yup, gestures are really quick, and they are safer than a physical button:
    - You can't do a gesture inconsciously
    - There's no fear of a button stop working

Mark Falsing likes this.
  5. DavidSTC
    KitKat Mar 25, 2014

DavidSTC , Mar 25, 2014 :
    But some gestures are unnatural, and everything what implies learning movements is a roll, yes, I am a too lazy xD

6. Sparkolo

Coming from ColorOS, you just have to pull down the upper bar from the left/right (you can decide) and draw a custom figure YOU decide to draw as associated to a specific app... that's not unnatural at all :) you can customize it the way you feel more comfortable about.

DavidSTC likes this.
  7. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Senior Moderator Mar 25, 2014

Mark Falsing , Mar 25, 2014 :
    I really like that you can define that in the ColorOS, they are predetermined in the VIVO, you can however customize the air wake gestures but it just seems a bit odd to me, waving my phone around in the air.

Sparkolo likes this.
  8. DavidSTC
    KitKat Mar 25, 2014

DavidSTC , Mar 25, 2014 :
    Interesting,I didn't know it, thanks :)

9. Sparkolo

Yeah, air gestures are not so useful :D

Just check out some youtube videos of ColorOS if interested, now let's return ON Topic ;)

10. DroidWalker
    Froyo Mar 25, 2014

DroidWalker , Mar 25, 2014 :
    I would very much love a physical button in conjunction with a virtual one. Air gestures can still take a little more time as opposed to point-n-click. However, waving at my phone is equally fun :D

11. kentsin
    Gingerbread Mar 26, 2014

kentsin , Mar 26, 2014 :
    Whatever it will be. mobile phones like find7, htc one and Nokia Lumia are all make to be cameras.

It is more important than the phone function : noise cancellation? no body care.