Father's Day Giveaway - Share your best line from Dad.

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Jun 15, 2018

Ruby G. , Jun 15, 2018 :
    for-daddy.jpg

Friends,

Father's day is coming this weekend! Amidst all the dad jean jokes and gift planning (I'm thinking of surprising mine with a bottle of his favorite whiskey haha), we wanted to host a small giveaway to honor these men in our lives who were some of the first to inspire us to Never Settle.

Whether you grew up with two dads, one dad or someone who served as the father figure in your life, we invite you to share: what is something memorable your dad has told you that's stuck with you?

Three winners will receive OnePlus Gear vouchers, and five runners-up will receive 50 raffle points each. Entries will be accepted from now until Sunday, June 17 at 11:00 PM EDT.

Never Settle.

06/19 Update: Hope everyone had a lovely father's day with their families. Thank you to everyone who shared in this giveaway. It was an honor to read all of the nuggets of wisdom and touching stories shared to celebrate Father's Day.

Congratulations to the following winners who will win OnePlus Gear vouchers:

@artloverjv
    @Dokohan26
    @jlesteves4

Last but not least, here are the runners-up who will receive points toward our delightful raffles:

@L1529192824910
    @Poeticwil
    @SiddhantP, @sidthefreak
    @vipul_sethi

Thanks again everybody for sharing your lives with us. It's a joy to be in community with such awesome people. I'll contact all of the winners via PM soon. :)

2. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jun 15, 2018

camohan , Jun 15, 2018 :
    Nice contest..!!
    I remember one line from my dad which I still get to hear "When you will become dad, you will know why I am telling you this..!!"

I plan to give this to my dad. It has collection of 5000 songs of his times, FM and usb port.
    saregama.jpg

Infact, I like it so I am going to use it :chuckles:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018

3. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Jun 15, 2018

ab3339, kart2424, AlTeX and 10 others like this.
  4. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 15, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Jun 15, 2018 :
    Thank you once again Ruby for another great, heart touching contest :)

This is what my Dad told me that stuck with me:

"When you will become the man of yourself and your family, remember, you act as a neck, you provide balance, support and brain function in order to keep things afloat. Be that man, be a man that I am proud of." :D

5. Dresa91
    Android Q Jun 15, 2018

Dresa91 , Jun 15, 2018 :
    @Ruby G. here my answer to: what is something memorable your dad has told you that's stuck with you?

That he is proud of me after I told him, that I am going to marry this summer :)

6. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 15, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Jun 15, 2018 :
    Now you are just spoiling him LoL! :p

Sun90, Mjo, buntycubal and 5 others like this.
  7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Jun 15, 2018

Sun90, Bouncer71, Mjo and 6 others like this.
  8. camohan

camohan , Jun 15, 2018 :
    In disguise...!!

Sun90, Mjo, idkwhoiam322 and 5 others like this.
  9. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Jun 15, 2018

Shivang Joshi , Jun 15, 2018 :
    I've said this earlier. The best thing which was said by my father was "Learn to say no"

I'm thinking to gift something special to my Dad. I know it's not possible for me to do it on Father's Day, but I plan on getting him this before/on his birthday ;)

Screenshot_20180615-144651__01.jpg

Crystal Z., Sun90, G_plusone and 12 others like this.
  10. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Jun 15, 2018

Ruby G. , Jun 15, 2018 :
    He's a Johnnie Walker guy XD not super adventurous, he tends to find something he likes and then drink it for 30 years.

the_o2, Sun90, MiszterSoul and 15 others like this.
  11. camohan

camohan , Jun 15, 2018 :
    With your referral link ? bhahhahaa

Sun90, meatandy, Mjo and 8 others like this.
  12. Sahil00yadav
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2018

Sahil00yadav , Jun 15, 2018 :
    My Father is my First Hero in my life.My Father is the best person I have ever seen in my life. If there is someone from whom I can learn everything it is my Father. My father is a teacher in a well known school in our town. My Father is my ideal person. My Father is a favorite character not only for me but also for many students in the school he works.One thing my father told me is that never do that thing to others which you would not want to happen with you. Love you dad.

meatandy, Mjo, buntycubal and 8 others like this.
  13. EABowden
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 15, 2018

EABowden , Jun 15, 2018 :
    Sadly my dad died suddenly on his afternoon walk 7 years ago, so whilst I don't have a line to share, I advise everyone who still has theirs to value the time they have with them, mend any broken bridges and listen to their advice.

I wasn't there that morning
    When my Father passed away
    I didn't get to tell him
    All the things I had to say

I think I caught his spirit
    Later that same year
    I'm sure I heard his echo
    In my baby's new born tears

I just wish I could have told him in the living years

Mich O., Sun90, KaiBaiBai and 17 others like this.
  14. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Jun 15, 2018

Shivang Joshi , Jun 15, 2018 :
    Yup, that's the only way I can earn this thing :) He got me my first OnePlus device, so I'm trying to give him his first ;)

meatandy, Mjo, buntycubal and 7 others like this.
  15. jkb114
    Lollipop Jun 15, 2018

jkb114 , Jun 15, 2018 :
    Literally whenever I told him the price of anything he'd say "Didn't pay that for my first car". No matter what price it was.
    It could be £3 for a coffee and he'd say it. Pretty much whenever he'd find something that was a little bit expensive.
    Still makes me laugh

KaiBaiBai, Mjo, idkwhoiam322 and 7 others like this.
  16. Nick 59
    Lollipop Jun 15, 2018

Nick 59 , Jun 15, 2018 :
    Mine was from a hard-suffering and hard-working generation. He was never shy about giving advice but the thing he used to say which, since he has died, has really hit home is:

"You'll never miss the water till the well runs dry."

Don't take everyday 'luxuries' for granted, and treasure those around you.
    Now I wish I had called or spoken more often so why don't you tell your dad you love him more often. There will come a time when you wish you had.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018

Mich O., meatandy, Mjo and 9 others like this.
  17. Gaston NP
    Lollipop Moderator Jun 15, 2018

Gaston NP , Jun 15, 2018 :
    The memorable thing my father told me was the day he lent me a very nice car to him and he told me that his father would be very proud! Unfortunately he is no longer from this world and now I am the one who is very proud of him. :hearteyes:

Good luck all.

Sun90, cdnfarmer, meatandy and 10 others like this.
  18. BeingIncog
    Marshmallow Jun 15, 2018

Sun90, Mjo, buntycubal and 7 others like this.
  19. stardomains
    Eclair Jun 15, 2018

stardomains , Jun 15, 2018 :
    My pa told me something once that has stuck with me: Keep moving and don't just sit there. Life moves too fast and you'll be SOL if you don't make your moves. Early Happy Father's Day to y'all Dad's out there!

Daisy K., Sun90, meatandy and 5 others like this.
  20. OnePlusKid3
    Eclair Jun 15, 2018

OnePlusKid3 , Jun 15, 2018 :
    The thing that my father sais often and which has stuck with me throughout my life is “Having all the money in the world doesn’t make you happy, it’s family, friends and your community which bring joy to your life, money can’t buy you true friends or happiness but love and kindness most certainly can.” I have never forgot my father telling me this and it is so true.

Thanks for another great competition @Ruby G.