Father's Day Giveaway - Share your best line from Dad.

1. gmanphx
    Jelly Bean Jun 17, 2018

gmanphx , Jun 17, 2018 :
    Step-dad once told me,"That it's easier to live with a mistake than living with a regret. "
    Still excellent advice....

Ruby G. and meatandy like this.
  2. Chakrala Ram
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

Chakrala Ram , Jun 17, 2018 :
    My dad was and remains a source of energy and positivity in my life. I love him and miss him all the time. I recollect many of his quotes from time to time. Here are a few; (I have translated them from telugu to English for obvious reason)

-Even a man who could cross oceans without his feet getting wet, cannot cross life without his eyes getting wet.

-The only thing that can get you somewhere someday is learning. Never stop learning.

-if someone tells you job and passion can't both be maintained at same time, believe them. But always keep resisting this until the day you find one in the other.

- The only thing that feeds your critics is your reaction to their criticism.

3. Jagdeep_Singh_Brar
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

Jagdeep_Singh_Brar , Jun 17, 2018 :
    when i don't know how to do a work ..that time my father sad i am here do it .that inspiration make me a brave and naver give up.. because life never settled ..

4. EkramTarif
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

EkramTarif , Jun 17, 2018 :
    My father once told me that "No matter how rich or prosperous you grow in life always remember where you were from and always give respect to others." He also said "No matter where you are always try to work for the betterment of the community and help everyone who needs it."

5. waqasshkh
    Donut Jun 17, 2018

waqasshkh , Jun 17, 2018 :
    I can't forget the line that my father always say to me "Son, never beg to someone to become a big man, do hardwork and earn yourself"
    Love my father he always encourage me, support me, cares me. I wish everyone should have the father like him.
    Wish to win.

6. JaFoolii
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

JaFoolii , Jun 17, 2018 :
    My father is someone I have looked up to. He's someone I have always wondered how and where he gets the strength from, to always work just so he can help out in supporting the family. He's in his retirement age and yet still working. There was this one line he told me years ago that still rings throughout my ears still. He said "there are always going to be times where you do things for yourself to achieve something or to enjoy something, but it's when you do something for someone else, that's when you've achieved more and enjoyed more in life than anything this world can offer." And it's so fitting in his situation for supporting and helping the family even though all his children (including me) have jobs, help out financially and throughout the house. I guess my father actually does what he preaches. And when I have kids (one is on the way) I am going to preach them the same kind of philosophy, wisdom and knowledge my father has taught me throughout my ages.
    Happy Father's Day!
    And thank you @Ruby G. For another wonderful contest.

7. Anirudht220
    Donut Jun 17, 2018

8. deasom
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2018

deasom , Jun 17, 2018 :
    I hope your children give u as much joy and PAIN as you've given your mother and I. Emphasis on the pain.

9. Oneplus_Mlouis
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

Oneplus_Mlouis , Jun 17, 2018 :
    I remember one time when my father and i had the talk he told me "Kung gusto mo ng Bangus bumili ka nang Bangus, hindi dahil sa wala kang pera Tuyo nalang kakainin mo, gawan mo nang paraan" (If you want a milkfish, you should go and buy milkfish. Dont settle for eating dried fish just because you lack money instead, you should work hard and earn the means to buy milkfish) He did tell me to never settle and this helps me out in every struggle that hits me

10. musclerbunny
    Froyo Jun 17, 2018

musclerbunny , Jun 17, 2018 :
    When dad said me to look after my mother...[e]1f622[/e]
    That was the day when I realised that I have grown up...

11. Brandon_57
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

12. sasouri25
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

sasouri25 , Jun 17, 2018 :
    My dad told this to me before passing away ... Live life with no regrets and have a partner in life who will choose you with those sentiments.

13. Dokohan26
    Froyo Jun 17, 2018

Dokohan26 , Jun 17, 2018 :
    best thing my father told me when I was young:

" A vision without a plan is nothing but a hallucination"

Took these words to the heart, and still use them till this day

14. Urbandevil64
    Froyo Jun 17, 2018

Urbandevil64 , Jun 17, 2018 :
    My Dad's best line that I live by all my life is "stand tall and always walk with your head held high"

15. Finixt
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

Finixt , Jun 17, 2018 :
    The phrase that my dad told me and sticked with me was "You are young, you will make mistakes and hit with your head against the wall, but worry not I will always be there for you no matter what" and its one of the few things i know that are constant in my life

16. Dave123234
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

Dave123234 , Jun 17, 2018 :
    Okay so for some context, me, my father, my brother and my mom were camping and talking around a fire, and my dad was drunk and telling stories about our family. Eventually we got onto our heritage and he was trying to explain where we are from and about family history but gave up and said

"Son, you'll never understand you life, untill you underdtand what Ratatouille means to you"

And to this day we still make jokes about it because my dad has no memory of the story and my goal in life is to figure out what Ratatouille means to me haha!

17. Sanathraj Shetty
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

Sanathraj Shetty , Jun 17, 2018 :
    The only superhero for me who looks after me each and every second without even thinking about him and trying to make me a successful and encouraging me even though he's facing hard times. He may hit me scold me but it's because of the love he has for me and he will definitely regret it later I know it for sure. Sorry if I hurted you Dad I love you I love you very much Dad. I wish to present you with this best mobile of the year if not now at least when I will be able to earn I will buy him one plus mobile which trends then. Thank you oneplus even though I can't say this to my father directly you gave me a chance to express how I feel about my superhero.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018

18. th317erd
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

th317erd , Jun 17, 2018 :
    Dad sings: "I am the biggest he-man... ooohhhh yeah... the biggest he-man!"

Ruby G. likes this.
  19. Bensle
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

Bensle , Jun 17, 2018 :
    You only live once