Faulty JBL E1+ Earphones Received

1. Anas.B
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

Anas.B , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Hey everyone

I placed an order on Friday 28th November during the Black Friday promotion for a screen protector and a pair of JBL E1+ earphones. Today I received my parcel through regular mail and not DHL like the time when I ordered my OnePlus One.

The earphones look and feel nice. All the functions work, I can play/pause music, take pictures and answer calls with the in-line remote. Unlike someone mentioned in his thread about these earphones I do feel a click when I push a button. (I'm sorry but I couldn't find the thread I'm referring to. Moderators or forummembers, feel free to post or send me the link to the thread.)

The sad thing is that the earphones are not functioning well. I can only hear background sounds. For the earphones to be functioning right, the beginning of the earphones (the strengthened part with the input) has to be bent and turned around with until there's good sound. I was really looking forward to get my hands on these earphones and use them. Unfortunately I won't be able to use them. Prior to making this thread I opened a ticket. I hope for a positive response and most likely file a dispute through PayPal in order to get my money back. Hopefully this will work and hopefully I won't have to pay any extra money to return this faulty product.

I will update this thread if there's any news/progress.

@Bradon H @Emmanuel @Cat H @Steven W

DreamerJ likes this.
  2. csvan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2014

csvan , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Which country did you order to? How long did it take from your order entering "processing" to the package actually being delivered?

3. peteryu
    KitKat Dec 5, 2014

4. Anas.B
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

Anas.B , Dec 5, 2014 :
    I ordered to Belgium. Right after I paid my PayPal account was charged and my order status went to 'Processing' right away. 2 days ago it changed to 'Complete' and today it arrived with regular mail.

csvan likes this.
  5. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Dec 5, 2014

6. Anas.B
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

Anas.B , Dec 5, 2014 :
    What is the normal amount of time for a response from OnePlus on a open ticket?

7. xxangryxx
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2014

xxangryxx , Dec 5, 2014 :
    I got faulty ones as well the left ear won't work at all.. I have posted a total of 2 tickets. On they did not reply to and on that just got a reply yesterday. I must say their customer support sucks..

8. Anas.B
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

Anas.B , Dec 5, 2014 :
    What was their response if I may ask?

9. xxangryxx
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2014

xxangryxx , Dec 6, 2014 :
    They asked me to send pictures.

10. Anas.B
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2014

Anas.B , Dec 6, 2014 :
    How can a picture prove that your earphone isn't working? This is just stupid.

If I were you I would start a dispute through PayPal, this will probably get their attention and maybe they'll start to take you seriously. I'm about to do the same thing if they don't reply to my ticket within the next few days.

Aaahh likes this.
  11. abhimanyu yadav
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2014

12. Anas.B
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2014

Anas.B , Dec 6, 2014 :
    What's good but has a high price?

13. xxangryxx
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2014

They said the are going to send me a replacement pair soon. They asked me to confirm my resend address.

14. atomic_man
    Jelly Bean Dec 6, 2014

atomic_man , Dec 6, 2014 :
    That's a typical 1/4 jack connector problem you have. Ask them to replace it!

15. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Dec 6, 2014

Serbian Overlord , Dec 6, 2014 :
    That sucks

16. malidan
    Nougat Dec 6, 2014

Aaahh likes this.
  17. Anas.B
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2014

Anas.B , Dec 6, 2014 :
    Good for you and hopefully I'll get the same response or a refund.
    Do you have to pay for any of the expenses?

18. Anas.B
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2014

Anas.B , Dec 6, 2014 :
    Hopefull I'll get the same response as @xxangryxx and get a replacement.

19. Anas.B
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2014

Anas.B , Dec 6, 2014 :
    I opened a ticket yesterday so I guess I will have to wait at least a few more days for a response.

20. xxangryxx
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2014

If you opened it yesterday you won't get a response until monday at the latest. They usually come in at night for me here in the US..

Anas.B likes this.