OxygenOS

[Feature Request Oxygen OS]Disable Settings panel access & power options on LOCK SCREEN.

1. hasanfaraaz Gingerbread Feb 21, 2019

hasanfaraaz, Feb 21, 2019 :
    There are many instances when one's phone gets stolen/lost & the thieve tries to shut off the phone or get it into airplane mode which renders ADM/Avast anti theft etc like apps useless.

I know that for most of the phones, holding the phone for 10 seconds switches it off(this does not seem to happen in 1+6T, but I get the power options in lock screen).

I feel this would be a good feature, wherein we would need a PIN to shut down the phone while it is in lock screen & a settings option to disable settings pull down menu from lock screen(I have looked around to find this setting & could not find it).

This I believe would be a good USP for oxygen devices.

2. Mahdi.Asgari Donut Feb 21, 2019

Mahdi.Asgari, Feb 21, 2019 :
    I asked this almost two years ago and in reply the oneplus said they designed that way!!!
    Although I told them I'm a security consult and there are many instances out without any access on the Lock Screen, they simply reject my request with "designed that way" phrase!!!
    I think the Oneplus have had lack of security vision on their device from very beginning of developing Oxygen OS.

3. hasanfaraaz Gingerbread Feb 21, 2019

hasanfaraaz, Feb 21, 2019 :
    :sweat: That is.... well what can we say! They could just place this option in settings & leave it upto the users to have it enabled/disabled, which will be a win for the customers & win for Oneplus as apparently they want "designed that way" architecture.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019

Mahdi.Asgari likes this.
  4. P1550241356958 Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

hasanfaraaz likes this.