Feature request - use volume button to turn into or out from vibrate and silent mode

1. J1521277530449
    Donut Mar 17, 2018

J1521277530449 , Mar 17, 2018 :
    Hey,

I'm missing a very basic feature and it's kind of frustrating me...
    I want my calls to only ring (not vibrate) in a "regular" mode, and I want to be able to use the volume button to turn it down until they only vibrate (or totally silent).
    This is currently not possible.
    I DONT want to use the slider, I specifically want to use the volume button.
    This is a very basic feature that was really handy on my good old Nexus 5.
    It seems very strange to me that you force me to use the slider for this, this is really not a "Never Settle" state of mind and it's kind of disappointing because other than that, this device is freaking awesome :)
    Hope you will consider fixing this.

Thanks,
    Shachar.

T1620247356362 and hugeholstein like this.
  2. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Mar 17, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Mar 17, 2018 :
    Most like will never be fixed as it's not a "bug". It's meant to be that way so that users aren't confused by the slider position and the volume controls. Very few complain about this, and if they make the changes, there will be lots of people complaining about getting confused. I personally prefer it your way, and that's how it is on Custom ROMs, but yeah, there's nothing we can do for now. However, if you'd still like to give your feedback, you're more than welcome to fill up this form:
    https://goo.gl/forms/g4Bs1l9QmXzzKgmU2

3. J1521277530449
    Donut Mar 17, 2018

J1521277530449 , Mar 17, 2018 :
    Thanks for the comment.
    Didn't think about the confusion thing.
    This slider crap is so annoying.
    Maybe they can let users like us who wish to use the volume button to disable the slider functionality, or change it, so there will be no confusion.
    Anyway, I'll take a look at the link you posted.

Thanks again :)

4. hugeholstein
    Donut Mar 21, 2018

hugeholstein , Mar 21, 2018 :
    my asus had a slider that you could choose what it did. I don't think it would cause any confusion to do that with this phone. just give users the option of using the slider the default way or for something else or my choice of disabling it altogether and bringing back the android functionality of do not disturb scheduling. I would've never purchased this phone had I known they limit so many basic android functions.

J1521277530449 likes this.
  5. T1620247356362 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , May 5, 2021 :
    I agree. The side/volume button should be able to change in settings to what you would like it to do. For example, the power button gives you options for how you would like it to behave. The same should be done for the volume button to put your Ring Volume into vibrate or silent.