Feature Requests

1. Nick Leffler Eclair Jan 11, 2019

Nick Leffler, Jan 11, 2019 :
    I'm not sure if this is the place to post feature requests, but here are my two requests, I would like 2 factor auth and use both sims for bandwidth aggregation like how samsung does with wifi and data. For 2 factor auth I would love the ability to say you have t use finger print and/or face and/or passcode and/or pattern and it'd be nice to be able to give priority.

2. YRJ KitKat Jan 11, 2019

3. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Jan 11, 2019

dsmonteiro, Jan 11, 2019 :
    Like @YASHPLUSONE. said, the correct way to make feature requests is through the link below. Still, I'd like to address the "use both sims for bandwidth aggregation" request, as this is not possible. Your phone has only one modem and works in Dual SIM Dual Standby mode, meaning that only one SIM is active at any given time. That's the reason why data connection drops if you get a call on the other SIM.

YRJ likes this.
  4. Nick Leffler Eclair Jan 11, 2019

5. YRJ KitKat Jan 11, 2019

YRJ, Jan 11, 2019 :
    It must be noted that there are several dual VoLTE phones that support 4G VoLTE on both SIM slots but only on one at a time. Dual SIM dual VoLTE (DSDV) phones can keep two 4G or 4G VoLTE SIM cards active in your phone (in Standby configuration, not Active) simultaneously.

We are fast transitioning into the Dual SIM Dual VoLTE world, but we are not quite there yet. Besides manufacturers using words like ‘Dual 4G’ and ‘Dual 4G VoLTE’ for phones that support 4G VoLTE on both SIM slot, but on only one slot at a time, has caused a lot of confusion.

So technically dual Volte works on both slots but one at a time!
    Hope that clarifies.
    Regards,
    Yash :)

6. Akhshay Srinivasan Marshmallow Jan 13, 2019

Akhshay Srinivasan, Jan 13, 2019 :
    Hi,

Glad that you've come up with this thread. But, submit them in the feedback forum. Keep tracing the latest announcements, surveys etc.

Have shared couple of links for you. Do post your comments regarding features and functions in the below comments by clicking in the link.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...lp-us-make-this-tradition-even-better.979682/

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/2018-oxygenos-satisfaction-survey.980953/

Thank you !

Zh_kilat likes this.
  7. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Jan 13, 2019

dsmonteiro, Jan 13, 2019 :
    Sorry, but none of those is the right place to request features. The first link you shared has nothing to do with software and the second one is just a satisfaction survey. Feature suggestions should be done through the link below (that @YASHPLUSONE. already shared):
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

Also, like both him and me already mentioned, there's no point on requesting a feature that is not possible to implement.

Akhshay Srinivasan and YRJ like this.
  8. Akhshay Srinivasan Marshmallow Jan 13, 2019

Akhshay Srinivasan, Jan 13, 2019 :
    Okay :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019

Zh_kilat likes this.
  9. Nick Leffler Eclair Jan 18, 2019

Nick Leffler, Jan 18, 2019 :
    Ok . So it can listen on both 4Gs, but it can't utilize them both?

10. YRJ KitKat Jan 18, 2019

YRJ, Jan 18, 2019 :
    It can utilize both but yeah, one at a time!