Fed up with complains... It's time to be honest about the OP2

1. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2015

magnamentis , Sep 29, 2015 :
    that's more or less spot on, hence i very useful contribution and a good compensation LOL

2. coclapin
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

3. abechung

abechung , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Agreed. The phone is a good phone for its price. However, when OnePlus paints a target on its back by saying #hype and 2016 flagship killer, it directs all the attention and criticism if it doesn't meet those things. That's the bad side about free hype media marketing. You generate hype, and you almost always fizzle out and under-deliver. Hopefully, OnePlus learns from this mistake if they are able to survive to the future iterations.

4. shkr
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

shkr , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Hope OP will improve OxygenOS for better stable OS and reliability. also needs to improve battery life which will make OP2 a sure shot hit...

5. alapdaskater

6. mrsim
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2015

mrsim , Sep 29, 2015 :
    my only real complaints are the battery life could be better...but am sure once AK kernel starts rolling and he deals with the BIGlittle issue's we should see an improvement,the odd stutter and lag when playing candy crush soda saga,(yes i do play it...no haters...LOL),and of course the absolutely massive issue for me of the underclocked SD810...because i am a firm believer in getting what you pay for..and i paid for a device that could reach 2ghz with it's SoC...instead i have a factory underclocked device which as we all know is not OPO's fault but qualcomm's
    also not a great fan of OxygenOS...it comes no where near CM for all round great rom'ness but it is a WIP..but i still expect more from a team of dev's who used to build paranoid android although they also maybe restricted by oneplus themselves...who knows as we do not work there

and great review...thank you...:D

Vito B. likes this.
  7. rattles

rattles , Sep 29, 2015 :
    I am currently using the OPT and i am coming from an OPO and Nexus 6. here is my honest opinion: i am very close to going back to the OPO and selling this OPT. Oxygen OS is an unfinished OS. the home button on the OPT is by far the worst thing i have used on a phone (the finger reader is ok, i am talking about the home button itself), USB C is just an inconvenience with no real benefit and overall, the phone just doesn't feel as smooth as the OPO.

in real life use, you will not notice any improvement from the faster SOC or additional 1 gig of ram. the only area where the OPT is clearly much better and the one thing that i will be sad to lose is the camera. i like the camera on the OPT.

8. RazorCharlie

RazorCharlie , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Too many Maybes and not lives up to. With the piss poor support, and horrible policies so many can do so much better.

9. Necronaut

10. ukumawat
    Froyo Sep 29, 2015

ukumawat , Sep 29, 2015 :
    these are really nice thoughts and review. in my personal openion the hardware is top notch (beast), the only thing that needs fine tuning is the OS. however great daily driver and easily get everyones attention.

11. sergioreja
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2015

Vito B. likes this.
  12. Vito B.
    Digital Media Manager Europe Staff Member Oct 1, 2015

Vito B. , Oct 1, 2015 :
    still a lot of complaining thread poping up.... It's been a pain in the *** to read the first page of the forums...

Ceasedd likes this.
  13. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Oct 1, 2015

Ceasedd , Oct 1, 2015 :
    [​IMG]

14. raoul teigneux
    Donut Oct 1, 2015

raoul teigneux , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I agree the surprise of 2 is far less than for the one.

Using my 2 and seeing improvements of oxygenOS is very nice and interesting :)

After nearly one month, quite nothing makes me feel unhappy of my 2.
    I love the sound of it, using jack or bluetooth headsets.
    I love +++ the photo. The soft is getting better and better. I have found the soft of the one (cyanogen) on XDAdevelopper. With those two softs, you can make the best photos in every place and situation.

enjoy 2 ;-)

15. Vito B.
    Digital Media Manager Europe Staff Member Oct 1, 2015

Vito B. , Oct 1, 2015 :
    It's definitely that : a lot of expectation, a lot of promises and at the end a gorgeous hardware but a software that can't follow...

It's like having the handling and looking of a Porsche with a Renault Twingo engine.... But I'm sure that this engine will improve update after update, step after step ;-)

16. Mr. Pei
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2015

Mr. Pei , Oct 1, 2015 :
    We will fix everything with an software update, I promise you guys will get Marshmallow for the Oneplus Two in early 2017

17. john3293
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2015

john3293 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    That true !

Vito B. and SoniaB like this.