Feedback on OnePlus One (Day 3 of use, wepua)

1. wepua
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

wepua , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I have just gotten my OnePlus on 9 August and have been super excited in customising this phone especially setting the screens to Voxis layout.

I have a few areas that I would like to see improvements on.

1. Disabling the screen's auto-rotate seems to prevent the camera screen from rotating as well. This makes it a little troublesome when using the camera widget at lock screen as I would have to unlock the phone to adjust that setting before resuming photo-taking.

2. It would be very useful to provide an option in the gallery app for setting the lock screen wallpaper.

3. On the gallery app, it would be better if user can customise the tab layout on the left column. Also, it could provide a 'Hide' option under the Album tab to reduce the clutter and show what the user wants to show.

4. Battery display option says that green notification light (default) indicates fully charge but it was already green at around 95%. I was expecting it to be 100%. This is just a tiny issue but it is something worth adjusting to show correctly what the light means.

2. aliplus
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

aliplus , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Minor issues can be fixed via software update. Remain calm and everything will be changes. Admins said an OTA update is due at the end of this month.

slimtom, PabloStanton and arturor1990 like this.
  3. ErickG25
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

ErickG25 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Congrats on the phone, and ive been looking at some other forums and have noticed that that there are a lot of bugs with the phone, should I wait till I see less forums about bugs?

4. twacrs
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2014

twacrs , Aug 11, 2014 :
    3. I think the light transitions from yellow to green as the battery level gets higher, and I guess the shade for 95% is not-noticably slightly off-green

5. wepua
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

wepua , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I am not sure about other bugs. They could be fixed in due time. But most importantly, even if they are not, you should consider if you could live with those bugs and if they are really very significant in your whole experience using the phone on a daily basis.

6. mtywe
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2014

mtywe , Aug 11, 2014 :
    delay, after delay...

Been waiting soo long for this "update". So many issues to be resolved!

aliplus likes this.
  7. wepua
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

wepua , Aug 11, 2014 :
    If it is a case of color transition, I hope this would be changed. I would not want to leave my phone not fully charged after unplugging my phone from charging at green light. :3

ErickG25 likes this.
  8. ErickG25
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

Hopefully Its fixed soon

9. aliplus
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

aliplus , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Like my signature says... Good things come to those who wait!

ErickG25 likes this.
  10. Skf123
    Marshmallow Aug 11, 2014

Skf123 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    It should be here in the next few days

11. twacrs

twacrs , Aug 11, 2014 :
    You can always change the lights so that there's more contrast, and its easier to see if its at full. But yea, I see what you're saying.

12. JvZeijst
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

JvZeijst , Aug 11, 2014 :
    buddy it depends on whether you got an invite or not, doesn't it? ;)

but if you really like the phone, get it it aint bad, actually its rather good! but it certainly has some issues that made me sell it, to regain my older phone i left it for!

In that case it really depends what device you used!
    I'd say if you can, get one! dont like it? there are plenty to buy it from you! so you can move one.

But if you do like it you got a good deal!

13. ErickG25
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

[QUOTE="JvZeijst, post: 4017935, member: 33292"buddy it depends on whether you got an invite or not, doesn't it? ;)

but if you really like the phone, get it it aint bad, actually its rather good! but it certainly has some issues that made me sell it, to regain my older phone i left it for!

In that case it really depends what device you used!
    I'd say if you can, get one! dont like it? there are plenty to buy it from you! so you can move one.

But if you do like it you got a good deal![/QUOTE]
    Lol good point, did t think about the resaling part, and no i havent received an invite, been talking to a few people on other forums but no luck, everyone just keeps posting about how much they want the phone, which is understandable, but isnt that why we're all i the forum

14. ErickG25
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

15. JvZeijst
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

JvZeijst , Aug 11, 2014 :
    not sure either!..

Any way, question yourself what you like about the device, whats missing on the one you have!

Ive been on the forum for a long time now and ive had my invite! but i didnt want to wait on it so i orered the chinese colorOS model from a reseller! not much off a price difference and totally worth to skip the waitinglist! the invites creates acertain status over this phone, wich it actually doesnt deserve!:(..

yes its great specs for lowerpriced phone! but is it a neversettle for less! absolutely not!
    There are a few great phones and i found that the oneplus didnt life up to the hype created around it!

i've used one so it was easy for me to compare it sidebyside to what i had, but my mi3 ist ill my favourite..

if you need anything to know about my experience with the oneplus and what the pros and cons will be, ill be happy to help you!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014

16. ErickG25
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

I would actually like your feed back on the phone...how long did you have the phone for and what problem did you find

17. boonkhim

18. expotheone
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

expotheone , Aug 11, 2014 :
    You got my attention,

ivanhoebe likes this.
  19. PabloStanton
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

PabloStanton , Aug 11, 2014 :
    My thoughts exactly. Glad the issues he listed aren't too major though! Can't wait until i get an invite

wepua and ErickG25 like this.
  20. djsass
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

djsass , Aug 11, 2014 :
    You are from Texas, you should be used to living with bugs! :)