Feedback Tool - Let's improve OxygenOS together

1. Manu J. Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Apr 26, 2019

Manu J., Apr 26, 2019 :
    forum (4).png

Hey everyone,

We recently introduced Feedback tool to OnePlus 6 and 6T stable builds and it will be rolled out to OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 3/3T in a future update. Now, you have an easy way to provide feedback, report issues, share logs and suggest product ideas and feature requests seamlessly within the Community app on your OnePlus device.

With the feedback tool, you can submit
    • Bug reports for issues encountered in OxygenOS (bug reports should contain logs, screenshots with time stamps and the detailed issue description)
    • Product ideas for new features in OxygenOS
    • Improvements, suggestions for existing features in OxygenOS
    With the introduction of the feedback tool, log capturing is automated. You no longer need to manually capture logs or wait for a bug hunter to share instructions on what logs need to be captured. Depending on the type of bug, the feedback tool automatically captures the required logs.

Also, you're able to easily track the status of bug reports and feature requests that you submitted under My Feedback section in the profile tab of the community app.

With the introduction of this feature into the stable stream, we will be able to track bug reports and feature requests more efficiently while also making it easier for bug hunters to follow up on issues you've reported through the Community app.

We always expect great feedback from our community regarding new features and product ideas. With this new tool, we have an easy way for our product team to understand what our users truly want in terms of software, helping us shape the future of OxygenOS.

Please check out the quick tutorial for a quick overview of the APP.

Do try out the new Feedback tool, and if you have any questions or need help, please contact Bughunters@oneplus.com, for more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app.

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. If you'd like to try out the beta version, click HERE and taste it beforehand.

Never Settle

2. Dresa91 Android Q Apr 26, 2019

Dresa91, Apr 26, 2019 :
    thanks for the overview :)
    have a great weekend :)

3. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Apr 26, 2019

Cheetosdust, Apr 26, 2019 :
    Great news about the process of capturing logs - love how easy it sounds now and can't wait to try it myself. :)

Thank you for the thread and keep up the good work. :cool:

4. Chuck_James Honeycomb Apr 26, 2019

manuel19, JOMON VC and Saliou like this.
  5. luxuskamel Lollipop Apr 26, 2019

6. JalananFreak Gingerbread Apr 26, 2019

brian.sedore and JOMON VC like this.
  7. Y1534560147908 Cupcake Apr 26, 2019

Sagar karwande likes this.
  8. DAVEnet Eclair Apr 26, 2019

9. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Apr 26, 2019

Cheetosdust, Apr 26, 2019 :
    I've read somewhere OnePlus developed a feedback tool and included it within the community app. "It will be rolled out to OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 3/3T in a future update" too. Can't find the thread now, but I'm pretty sure it's around here.

10. The Joker Marshmallow Apr 26, 2019

11. meatandy Oreo Apr 26, 2019

meatandy, Apr 26, 2019 :
    Thanks for asking and providing the tutorial and video , continue moving forward.

Ceasedd, jlasensiofi and Saliou like this.
  12. L1556270972501 Cupcake Apr 26, 2019

13. Narendra_Sripalasetti_ Donut Apr 26, 2019

14. Maverick2.0 Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2019

Maverick2.0, Apr 26, 2019 :
    Savage!

keithgpowell likes this.
  15. Maverick2.0 Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2019

Maverick2.0, Apr 26, 2019 :
    Have you even read a line of what Manu J has written?!

Use the feedback tool !

manuel19, otto2 and Liehjan like this.
  16. G_Karothikeyan Honeycomb Apr 26, 2019

G_Karothikeyan, Apr 26, 2019 :
    Good

17. W1556274039560 Cupcake Apr 26, 2019

18. otto2 Lollipop Apr 26, 2019

otto2, Apr 26, 2019 :
    @Manu J. it still NOT possible to send issues about pictures shot in pro mode- there appears an option " shoot a picture" , but pro mode is still not available there,and you cannot add screenshots or pictures you ve shot before- that s not u8seful at all, since it s too difficult to send camera related bugs with the app.
    ( already reported via community app.... )

19. otto2 Lollipop Apr 26, 2019

otto2, Apr 26, 2019 :
    Your post is Off topic and shows your un- ability to read existing postings here in the community- Community beta of pie for the OP3 / 3Thas been released some days ago.

20. Speedlover777 Honeycomb Apr 26, 2019

Speedlover777, Apr 26, 2019 :
    I already wrote about it several times and submitted feedbacks.

1. After pie update, the shelf's notes got larger (I mean box size of each note in the shelf). I have so many notes, and it take time to scroll and search. I liked the box size in Oreo. Pls include an option to adjust size of boxes, and distance between boxes, now it's too far, and take too much real estate. Pls make shelf icons and widgets smaller and more compact. Now, the shelf size is bigger than overal items sizes in user interface.
    2. The header of the shelve is busy with "NEVER SETTLE" and weather widged, I always remove them from day 1, but even after clearing them, there is an unused space in the header, which could be used by a couple of notes or calendar. Let's remove that header space.
    3. Pls include an option to make Google calendar even smaller in height.

Thanks.

W1562219091372 likes this.