file transfers, new phone

1. vdubpower
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2018

vdubpower , Nov 28, 2018 :
    so going from opo to op6t

i was able to get my phone to copy over by signing via google and my last back up

but it seems the only stuff i cant get over is my gallery folders and texts

i tried the switch app but it doesnt work right

i turned off mobile networks on the old, as it says, scanned the qr code on the new and they try to find each other but it cant and then both each start the cycle over again and i need to get the code scanned again.....

if i cant get my pics and text sent via switch how can i do it,

btw i have not switched the sim yet...but i dont think that should make a difference?

thanks

2. Ajerry
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2018

Ajerry , Nov 28, 2018 :
    Maybe you can transfer photos and SMS using AirMore. https://airmore.com/
    But you should install the app on your old phone and export the photos and SMS to your computer. Then transfer them to your new phone.

3. vdubpower
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2018

vdubpower , Nov 28, 2018 :
    ok ill have a look

i suppose for pics i can just plug in the opo in to my pc and copy the pics folders

then plug in the op6 and drag into the appropriate folder there?

4. cdnfarmer
    Moderator, Photography Expert Moderator Aug 1, 2021

cdnfarmer , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Hi There,

Copying your pictures to the computer then moving them to the phone should work. When copying pictures, move them to the DCIM folder on your phone/ The pictures will then appear in the camera folder in the gallery app. Note make sure to indicate what options to do when the phone is connected via USB to the computer (in A11, Android system> USB tethering to transfer files to the phone). There are a few different apps that can back up and restore SMS if it doesn't work with the Switch app.