1. SLR722
    Cupcake Mar 16, 2021

SLR722 , Mar 16, 2021 :
    Hi. I have been trying and searching for a solution. This is my setup:

OnePlus Nord
    Boya Lavalier Microphone
    USB-C to Audio 3.mm Jack
    FiLMiC Pro

I have tried all the developers options in the phone but the external microphone is not being detected. How can I get an external microphone to work with my OnePlus Nord? I went to the shop and saw a Lavalier USB-C which worked perfectly but it was too small in length

1plusNerd likes this.
  2. drl431
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Mar 16, 2021

drl431 , Mar 16, 2021 :
    Hi, maybe you can use the mic that works, but with a usb extension cable.
    Or find a more suitable usb-c mic.
    Or record audio with a separate device, and merge in post production.

3. SLR722
    Cupcake Mar 16, 2021

SLR722 , Mar 16, 2021 :
    Is there any reason why the OnePlus Nord is not detecting external Microphones via USBC to Audio Jacks?

4. E1616067149269
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2021

E1616067149269 , Mar 18, 2021 :
    I have a similar problem: I have a OnePlus Nord, and use a "Røde smartLav" microphone via a USB C to minijack adapter. It works with recording sound - but when I try to record or stream video online, there is no sound. I spoke to customer support, and they said OnePlus does "not support external microphones for videoes - only for calls and sound recording". So if you are only recording sound, it should work. You could try a few different apps for recording sound.

5. xcs
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2021

6. 1plusNerd
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2021

1plusNerd , Dec 8, 2021 :
    All of these workarounds make sense but I don't believe why a regular mic would not work plugged in properly via USB -C adapter.
    The thing is, when I plug in the mic it recognizes it as headphones so I don't even get sound. And it is not recording with almost any app. Do you have an official statement if the Nord supports this at all?

7. 1plusNerd
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2021

1plusNerd , Dec 8, 2021 :
    I have the same issues (except for FiLMic Pro). No matter how I plug the SmartLav+ it just won't be recognized. Tried with USB-C adapter and the original TRRS plug, also tried a TRS converter. It just does not work. So annoying.