Filmic Pro Camera API issue via OnePlus Nord

1. Mayank_Tiwari_ , via OnePlus Nord , Mar 2, 2021 :
    Hi,
    I've already submitted a feedback but making this thread to make others aware of not making the mistake what I've already done.
    I've purchased the Filmic Pro app from playstore and It was working perfectly earlier in the Android 10 on 1+ Nord. But yesterday after updating to Android 11 I've been experiencing some issues like the only the main 48 MP camera is accessible now not the Ultra wide and same with front cameras. Since I've paid a hefty amount for that app from my pocket and now not able to use the app due to your blocking the camera API. Now I just wanted to know what's the use of this phone. Your developers team is I don't know what they were thinking while blocking cameras for other app. Lets be honest your own 1+ camera app does not have pro features for video recording and if other companies are trying to make that happen you are blocking them to do so. Why you guys are the way you are. That would be an another thing if you own native app supported Log V2 format or Manual White balance for videos but does it have those things? It should have been stated on the companies website that we don't allow the others apps to use this phone's cameras. That would have been a deal breaker for me. Really don't know which way the company is moving. Now the consumer like me will never settle on these kind of device.
    1614665050208.jpg

1614665050251.jpg

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021

avil25 and manosdias like this.
  2. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 2, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 2, 2021 :
    This is a user forum. You are talking to fellow users here.

Though I can understand your concern, there is no point ranting here. This has been discussed way too many times.

Caomhin likes this.
  3. manosdias
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2021

manosdias , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Mar 2, 2021 :
    I completely agree. Maybe they will listen in the future and allow 3rd party apps access. It's the only hope because the software team don't seem capable of producing optimised software to get the best from the camera. I use gcam and the same problem there!OnePlus image quality is so bad that I will continue to use gcam with one camera rather than the native app. My last OnePlus device for a while and I've been with this company since the invite system of oneplus one.

Mayank_Tiwari_ likes this.
  4. Mayank_Tiwari_ , via OnePlus Nord , Mar 3, 2021 :
    So is there any update from 1+ devs regarding this issue?

5. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 3, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 3, 2021 :
    No. They are very silent on it.

6. gkornaks
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2021