Final Countdown

1. advaitmk
    Donut Mar 1, 2021

advaitmk , Mar 1, 2021 :
    With a heavy heart, I have to say goodbye to one of the best programs I have ever been a part of. I will miss the OnePlus SAP family and it was an amazing journey where I met few of the most amazing people ever.
    Will always regret not having an offline program where I could meet you all.
    Until next time (if there is one), goodbye and Never Settle.

derLenno and Tokolozi like this.
  2. McJader
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

McJader , Mar 1, 2021 :
    May I ask what is the purpose of writing these blogs/posts/updates, if no one reads them, and you don't participate in the rest of the forums?

3. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 1, 2021 :
    It's called "showing off". They believe somehow they are part of the inner circle.
    These kind of ambassador programs are useless if the so called ambassadors don't contribute in the forums. If it is something exclusive and offline, what's the use of having such a program without anyone knowing about it?

4. McJader
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

McJader , Mar 1, 2021 :
    GimmickPlus:rolleyes:

KaranRIyer, Venky61, Auristic and 2 others like this.
  5. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 1, 2021

Cheetosdust , Mar 1, 2021 :
    I mentioned this a thousand times: make everyone feel welcomed? Sure, count me in. Reward the talent of the regulars? I have seen countless displays of talent, random ones, across the forums. Those are the ones who should be rewarded and highlighted.

Now, having a program that produces this? OK. Having a program that makes other members feel like outcasts? I don’t understand. Never will.

I have followed the results of the Student Community here on the forums. I have no idea what the program is or what it is for.

We have talented members in writing, drawing, photos, design; we have talent in almost every single subject. That talent was, is, and will probably be thrown away.

6. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

7. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 1, 2021 :
    I had a huge fight on this and what did they end up doing?
    A measly community tag of "community hero". Is that worth all the time and effort they have put here? No.
    Do you at least know who is spearheading this program? Let's tag then and ask for explanation of what this is.
    Sadly, it's already thrown out.
    One of the reasons many have stopped contributing.

8. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Mar 1, 2021

9. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 1, 2021 :
    @dsmonteiro can you shed some light on what this student ambassador program is? What are they supposed to do?
    What were their deliverables and were they achieved?
    What did they gain out of this program?

10. Cheetosdust

I have no idea, but we can tag @Saswat Deb Barman and see if she he knows.

With no hostility, with nothing more than wanting to know a little bit more what was/is the purpose of it. How the regulars can be included more.

I am an optimist - well, mostly. Hmm, it depends. Maybe not :D - so I do believe we - the community - can call them back, peer to peer.

I missed that fight, so I have no idea who are you talking about. But I do know I was talking about you. My dude, the work you do with the updates and betas should be seen. I see you and I applaud your efforts.

11. McJader
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

sfomin, Artemus., Auristic and 2 others like this.
  12. Cheetosdust

Thank you, edited. Focused on the wrong person on his profile picture, it seems. :D

13. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 1, 2021 :
    I had a fight with Monty and Amanda on recognizing the efforts the regulars put on the update threads and helping people with their problems. But at the end, the outcome was only a community tag (as far as I know).
    Maybe some goodies or even a free phone would have made them feel valued.
    Thank you 😊 it feels good to know that at least someone is recognizing the contribution.
    I hope the other regulars also feel the same way.

14. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 1, 2021

dsmonteiro , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Thanks for the tag, but this is under Indian Community, so I'm not directly related. I will share the question with Saswat, though.

15. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Thanks. Didn't know whom to tag as we don't even know who is the head of this program:rolleyes:

16. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Mar 1, 2021

YRJ , Mar 1, 2021 :
    yup, he is heading this. An ex student ambassador who then became the head of student community and is currently assuming Joel Jacob's duties.

17. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 1, 2021

dsmonteiro , Mar 1, 2021 :
    They received goodies as part of the Anniversary awards, and they've been also recommended internally for any programs that may make sense to include them.

18. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Ah. Good to know. Glad something happened.
    I might have missed the post.

sfomin, Venky61, Artemus. and 7 others like this.
  19. Cheetosdust

My opinion is still the same: more than titles and goodies, it’s about the feeling of being part of a team - not the OnePlus team, but the team that is valuable to making the forums move.

Talent drives talent. A word will forever drive a word. The best threads around make me want to be a better member. This is not light-thing-pampering, it’s the truth.

I bet a message telling you “look, you are doing an awesome job within these threads. You and me, let’s go, let’s talk, give me your feedback, let’s do something together” would make you feel appreciated.

Because you - and so many others deserve to be appreciated. And yes, working together perfecting your guidance, making it even more effective. It's about the synergy created.

And this is valid for every. single. member who takes out of their free time to make this place a better one.

Edit: and a personal apology to @advaitmk. You didn't do anything wrong, none of this is directed towards you.

20. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 1, 2021 :
    [​IMG]
    There's no "we" though :rolleyes: