Final Countdown

1. McJader
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

McJader , Mar 1, 2021 :
    True
    I too wanted to say that, @advaitmk . I have been observing these threads ever since I joined and never understood the point of them. I just picked out yours to reply as it was in the recents section

Venky61, Artemus., Tokolozi and 2 others like this.
  2. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 1, 2021

Cheetosdust , Mar 1, 2021 :
    There should be, several "we's" even.

The regulars have the power to create new regulars from the newbies. And the "we" I mentioned, is the "we" with a voice and critical thinking - willing to give constructive feedback.

superplus, Artemus., Tokolozi and 5 others like this.
  3. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Indeed. But the goodies make them feel at least that OnePlus is recognizing their contribution.
    But on the other hand, yes, we already do feel part of the team. That's a personal friendship which has formed among the regulars.
    You won't believe the time we put into finding out solution for problems and we don't even get a thank you in the end. But gaining the knowledge in the process is what drives, at least me.
    That still happens on a personal level. I still remember @Artemus. Calling me a good cookie for the effort I put in the forums:p, and that was ages ago!

superplus, Venky61, Artemus. and 6 others like this.
  4. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 1, 2021 :
    As I said, been there done it, it goes down the "forwarded the feedback" hole never to be seen or talked about again.

My last "constructive criticism" is still awaiting an answer.

Venky61, Artemus., Tokolozi and 5 others like this.
  5. G_plusone
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

G_plusone , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Ciao ;)

Venky61, Artemus., Auristic and 2 others like this.
  6. Cheetosdust

I do know that as I think it's not that different from what happens in the Starting Point. And I am no one to talk about it, since there are other members who work harder and the hardest. They are true heroes, believe me.

You are an incredible cookie. :D

Ok, let's talk about it. Why do you think the feedback, the good one, is lost inside that hole?

And what do you think OnePlus can do better on that bridge. I am genuinely curious.

superplus, Auristic, Venky61 and 5 others like this.
  7. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Constructive feedback? I had a constructive feedback on people treating this forum as a customer support center.
    It was promised that the bug hunters will work as part time support staff and collect all CS related queries, and forward to the CS team.
    But I haven't seen any such thing happening. I still see the mods and people like @Venky61 chasing staff for reply on such issues with no decent response. Why should these guys take the additional pain?

Auristic, Venky61, Tokolozi and 3 others like this.
  8. Cheetosdust

That’s easy. Let’s go back to where that happened and remind the team. I do think that OnePlus as a whole wants this place to be better, so if a few members who care and give constructive feedback feel differently, there’s a piece missing.

In an ocean of proper terrible feedback, proper thin thinking, that kind of feedback should be considered and, even if it's not something doable, the members deserve a note, I believe.

Auristic, Venky61 and Tokolozi like this.
  9. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 1, 2021

dsmonteiro , Mar 1, 2021 :
    All highlighted users from the Anniversary Awards received goodies, as it was mentioned somewhere on one of the announcements. Still, I agree with you that this shouldn't be the endgame and we should find ways to recognize them even further.

Much of what we've discussed in the past has served as inspiration in this regard, to be honest.

10. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Mar 1, 2021

Tokolozi , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Oi, incredible and green, there can only be one!

11. Cheetosdust

You are even better than incredible and green, you are incredible, green and you have the effect of a house within these forums.

You are the greenhouse effect, my good man. :D :p

Auristic, Venky61 and Tokolozi like this.
  12. McJader
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

McJader , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Every company depends on its staff and philosophy. (and of course customers to buy their stuff)
    If the staff is working just because it is job, and not something they are actually interested in, the result will be mediocre.
    The company should be clear what they want their staff to do, what philosophy they want staff to follow.
    And then hire staff if they truly show potential and match this ideology.
    And the ideology I mentioned, shouldn't just be for marketing purposes, it should be something the company believes in.
    And if the sole aim of the company is to earn money, say it out loud, like dbrand.
    If OnePlus truly believe in the spirit of the Community, they should hire staff who are equally enthusiastic.
    If OnePlus doesn't, then I don't know what to say.

13. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Mar 1, 2021 :
    The house you're referring to:
    [​IMG]

14. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 1, 2021 :
    After a time all this gets exhausting, "we" are frustrated as you can see, "we" can't stand the hypocrisy and what a frustrated man does? He flips everytime such things happen.
    OnePlus as a whole wants to milk and sell as much as possible devices in the name of "Community" no more no less. You know that, @dsmonteiro knows that and each and every person involved knows that.

15. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 1, 2021 :
    You think that didn't happen? That we didn't remind them?
    @dsmonteiro here is the witness to the promise made by @Monica Z. in my thread about the terrible CS.
    It is a huge thread with many people chipping in.

Never have seen anything come out of the promised pilot week.

We can go on arguing about many such things. But it is just another promise by OnePlus which they failed to keep. And believe me, I'm not even able to count the failed promises.
    You want me to be blunt and honest David? What you have done is a drop in an ocean.
    There are still many unresolved Feedbacks, suggestions and issues which plague this community.

It still feels like there are two categories, the elitist and the working level.
    I don't see the people whose threads get pinned contribute anywhere else and I still don't see people contributing a lot getting recognized.

And to top it off, such programs where people call themselves "ambassadors", who have a measly 6 or 10 posts to their name, isn't making the regulars feel valued.

16. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Everything I wanted to say, in a nutshell.

Auristic, Venky61, the_o2 and 4 others like this.
  17. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Mar 1, 2021 :
    I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. However, I'm afraid for lesser positions, let's say support chat members, this is often hard to reinforce.

You can highly appreciate these members, and have them as your company backbone, but often these positions are hard to fill with skilled labour since it's often seen as a less rewarding position. However this also depends on region and company philosophy.

Good examples can be seen in LTT's and Gamersnexus videos about pee-built pc support. Look at the examples of support given by Dell vs those given by companies like Corsair (boutique) on essentially the same product.

I'm sure someone like @dsmonteiro has seen these video, but I can assure him the feedback given on these videos can just as well count for a phone manufacturers' support lines.

As reference, in our company we're highly encouraged to answer basic inquiries within 1h on a working day, and always answer more than the customer wanted (handy tips and tricks) also to inquire ourselves the "why" behind the customers request. Thanks to this many customers come to us, not because we're always the best, or the cheapest (almost never are) but because they know they can rely on our support backbone.

This is the same reason I will keep on buying corsair, since the times I needed their support, they actually exceeded my expectations in providing it.

18. McJader
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

McJader , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Agreed on both counts, maybe OnePlus can work towards offering users who help in the forums some compensation for helping out part-time as chat support ? Also offering better pay to chat support staff could be helpful in recruiting quality candidates?
    Was that intentional?:rolleyes:;):p

Auristic and Cheetosdust like this.
  19. Cheetosdust

I agree with you and from my experience, I do believe that at least some Staff Members are that enthusiastic.

Home sweet home. :cool:

I remember that thread, I think it was one of the last ones where I participated before hibernating for a few months. I am sorry you feel like that, I truly am. And I am sorry that very few executive changes came out of that thread - it was really well articulated.

20. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Mar 1, 2021 :
    For forum users, It might be good. But for me, this is not why I'm here for, and while helping others is rewarding there are better ways to encourage it. It's hard to find these methods generally (just see what happens if you promise some XP for giving a reply)

As for Higher pay grade, while this can be true, it's not always necessary. Maybe the recruiting needs to change to make a larger effect. We can see it in our own sales team, pay, skill and performance are three metrics that are not linear to each other.

And I've worked with everything from manual laborers to PHD's in my years in support.

It might have been a Freudian slip...