Finally a Premium Screen Protector For The OnePlus 7 Pro - Whitestone Dome Glass OnePlus 7 Pro

?

Would you buy this glass screen protector for the OnePlus 7 Pro?

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Maybe

28 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. No

15 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. TonyTechBytes
    US Brand Ambassador Jun 30, 2019

TonyTechBytes , Jun 30, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

Hey everyone, I found a really premium curved glass screen protector for the OnePlus 7 Pro that adheres using a special liquid adhesive to ensure seamless installation with little to no imperfections. Just as a disclaimer, I did request Whitestone Dome to send out this screen protector to me for review, but they did not pay me nor demand me to speak highly of their product. If you’d like to watch a video version of this review (or live usage of the screen protector on the phone), check it out here:

This right here is the Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector for the OnePlus 7 Pro. It's a very premium screen protector made of tempered glass that has a unique installation experience. It's really difficult to find a high quality curved screen protector and OnePlus doesn't even sell one (which I'm assuming is in fear of poor quality since curved screen protectors usually fail miserably). I’ll first go over a couple very brief points on installing it, then discuss build quality and more.

[​IMG]

The first step to installing any screen protector is to use alcohol wipes to clean the screen and rid it of dust particles. Using an included alcohol pad and microfiber cloth works wonders on cleaning the screen. The next step is to place the OnePlus 7 Pro on the installation tray and install the liquid glue which smells incredibly strong so I would suggest doing this in an area with proper ventilation. They also include stickers to protect the speakers from the glue which is one attention to detail I forgot to mention. Once the glue is on, the tray must be tilted to spread the glue down and the screen protector should be dropped down onto it to allow the glue to spread. Once the glue spreads successfully (if it doesn’t, don’t worry—there are troubleshooting instructions in the box), use the UV light to cure the adhesive and ensure a precise fit.

The entire process seems daunting at first glance, but when broken down into simple steps, it starts to look easy. The installation tray and proper dosage of glue ensure minimal errors during the process. As long as you follow the directions, and watch a couple video tutorials on YouTube, it should be a breeze.

[​IMG]

The fit of the screen protector is nearly perfect and doesn’t hinder the usage of most cases. In my case, I’m using the included plastic case that fits pretty well. There’s still a bit of space between the edges of the case and the screen protector which is appreciated, so thicker cases should be compatible.

The curvature of the screen protector is well designed considering the adhesive ensures a tight grasp between the protector and the screen. I used a cheap glass screen protector prior to this Whitestone Dome one and the difference between them is night and day. The cheap one didn’t adhere perfectly, produced a halo/rainbow effect, and felt like plastic. However, this Whitestone Dome one offers a smoother real glass surface, a secure adhesive, and unrivaled precision.

The fingerprint sensor is not slowed down much by the glass protector as well. I noticed the speeds to be similar to having the stock plastic protector, but obviously, your experience may vary. I've seen someone say that their optical fingerprint sensor is slightly slower than with the stock plastic protector, but since I used the cheap glass protector for a longer period of time than the included plastic one, I only see an improvement in unlocking speed. The display sharpness does not seem to be degraded as colors are still punchy, and text is still tack sharp. After all, it’s a slab of glass, so I doubt the display quality would deteriorate much.

Overall, I would completely recommend the Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector for the OnePlus 7 Pro. It offers an unparalleled installation experience, premium build quality, and precise fitting. The only downside of this screen protector is the high price. Considering that it includes innovative liquid adhesive, an exactly-measured installation tray, numerous alcohol pads and microfiber cloths, and a freaking cool UV light, I think the price is well justified.

Thank you all for reading! What do you think of the Whitestone Dome Glass OnePlus 7 Pro screen protector?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019

2. Ever7p
    Froyo Jul 1, 2019

Ever7p , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Thanks for the information. Anybody else try this protector out? Read a bunch of Amazon reviews and durability/quality control seem to be issues.

V1562103745707 and TonyTechBytes like this.
  3. TonyTechBytes
    US Brand Ambassador Jul 1, 2019

TonyTechBytes , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully someone will have experienced something like that here. I'll definitely have to use this longer to develop a more conclusive review, and I'll probably update the post as time goes on too if I encounter any issues.

Ever7p likes this.
  4. KnightofScorpio
    US Brand Ambassador Jul 1, 2019

TonyTechBytes likes this.
  5. khaf
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2019

khaf , Jul 1, 2019 :
    I haven't found the time to install this yet but I've been using these for my last few phones. it's amazing [e]1f601[/e]

ZPerri88, TonyTechBytes and Ever7p like this.
  6. Cowslappa
    Eclair Jul 1, 2019

Cowslappa , Jul 1, 2019 :
    I used this one on my phone, everything said and done it was $32 with the UV light, glass, two tubes of the glue and all the extra install stuff. This one doesn't have the install tray but I had no issues with installing mine. If you do buy this one I suggest you use about 2/3 of the glue and don't be afraid to adjust the glass if it moves a bit. I am actually really impressed with the quality of this one and will definitely be buying one again if I need it.

https://www.sgfreshidea.com/invissh...o-full-adhesive-tempered-glass-clear-set.html

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019

TonyTechBytes and Ever7p like this.
  7. ZPerri88
    Eclair Jul 1, 2019

ZPerri88 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    I got whitestone dome for 7pro for $39 and change using 20% coupon., and that's with CA tax and delivery fee included.

Will install later today and keep ya posted.

By the way it's best to re-register your fingers after installing a screen protector. Register the same finger twice from different positions and it's pretty flawless.

8. khaf
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2019

khaf , Jul 2, 2019 :

ZPerri88

I got whitestone dome for 7pro for $39 and change using 20% coupon., and that's with CA tax and delivery fee included.

Will install later today and keep ya posted.

By the way it's best to re-register your fingers after installing a screen protector. Register the same finger twice from different positions and it's pretty flawless.​

I didnt have to re register anything but Ill do it anyway. I used that 20% off pre order code too. Still at full price its worth it. Im trying to upload pics but its a 2mb limit for a photo. wow thats small 1562024574049.jpg

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019

9. ZPerri88
    Eclair Jul 2, 2019

ZPerri88 , Jul 2, 2019 :
    definitely not a requirement but I've found it is a slight improvement

10. khaf
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2019

khaf , Jul 2, 2019 :
    When applying look at angles in the light to make sure there's no dust or lent. u was using lint remover tape up to letting the tempered glass down on the phone.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019

11. V1562103745707
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2019

V1562103745707 , Jul 2, 2019 :
    just installed today! I have a bit of experience installing the note8 dome protectors and the protector for the 7 pro is great. also, the otterbox symmetry works well with the screen protector for those looking for case and screen protector combos.

12. V1562103745707
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2019

V1562103745707 , Jul 2, 2019 :
    having installed several of these protectors, patience and care for the phone afterward plays big factors. while the glass provides superior screen protection, I feel the rigidity is both it's pro and con. have patience while installing and focus on perfection because once it's on, it's damn near impossible to make adjustments. also, I let the phone cure it in the sun for about 20 minutes after using the provided UV light.

JRock121 and TonyTechBytes like this.
  13. Dhr888
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2019

14. kapedege
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2019

kapedege , Jul 3, 2019 :
    I'm looking to buy this. Just wondering how case friendly it is and how long did you cure it for? Their website is not very detailed for the OnePlus 7 Pro.

15. thetaguru
    Froyo Jul 3, 2019

thetaguru , Jul 3, 2019 :
    Was looking at this screen protector on Amazon and they currently have a 20% off coupon you can apply on it.

16. G1560055460968
    Donut Jul 3, 2019

G1560055460968 , Jul 3, 2019 :
    Tony, thanks for the review!

I only had on the original OP screen protector and case when I went to the beach, and using it with sand on the screen already started to tear up the protector (luckily it looks like the actual phone screen is undamaged when I lifted the protector to check).

I've been researching an aftermarket protector ever since. Between the soft protector and the hard ones, I am definitely looking at the latter as the former seems to be superficial protection. Within the hard category, the considerations are the hardness of the glass, the specific material the glass is made from (clarity, sensitivity, etc.), and whether it sticks via full glue or only glue on the edges.

It seems that Whitestone is the category leader for a full-glue screen protector, where there are a bunch of imitators coming out with their own version of the UV curing light. Where they cut corners are that they lack the mounting kit, and the quality of the UV light seems questionable. Of course, the counterpoint is that Whitestone was demonstrably more expensive (~$50 vs ~$30).

I just noticed that Whitestone themselves have dropped their price down to $46, and they added a 20% off code (ONEPLUS20), which further drops the price to $36.80. They offer free shipping and don't charge tax to my state. So, with this updated pricing, it's a no brainer vs the imitation. https://www.whitestonedome.com/prod...full-screen-protector-anti-scratch-protection

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019

17. G1560055460968
    Donut Jul 3, 2019

G1560055460968 , Jul 3, 2019 :
    I noticed that too. I'm a huge fan of and huge user of Amazon and will use it pretty much any chance I get. However, in this case, it looks like buying directly from Whitestone is the better deal for these reasons
    • Amazon is charging $49.99 pre-coupon vs Whitestone's $45.99 ($4 difference)
    • The 20% coupon they both offer makes the Whitestone discount slightly less, $9.19 vs Amazon's $10
    • Amazon is charging tax (at least for my state) whereas Whitestone is not ($3.55 difference)
    All in, that's a nearly 15% difference. Lastly, buying from Whitestone directly puts more money back into the hands of the creator themselves rather than the multinational conglomerate middleman, with apologies to Tony and Amazon.

18. Steven_Petrillo
    Froyo Jul 3, 2019

19. khaf
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2019

khaf , Jul 4, 2019 :
    I keep forgetting the damn screen protector is on my phone. the I structions aren't so great but the video in this thread is good. you can run hit water with the bathroom door closed for a while then do this so the rest isnt flying around. This screen protector fits with all of my cases. the touch sensitivity is the exact same. fingerprint works exactly the same. The oleophobic coating on this is great. I didn't think this would come out when I purchased the 7 Pro but I'm very happy it did.

20. bpwest80
    KitKat Jul 4, 2019

bpwest80 , Jul 4, 2019 :
    My Whitestone Dome is already peeling down the left corner. $40 junk. Get an AM Film from Amazon. Easier installation with tray and full adhesive, $12. This wasn't my first tango with Whitestone. And if something happens and their glue don't spread like it's supposed to, they'll blame you. I still bought one but took it off after 3 days it started peeling and put on the am film and all is fine again. The am film I'm talking about is the one with the black border. I can't speak on the other.

igen likes this.