Finally accepting disappointment with OP2/OOS

1. noweakness
    Honeycomb Mar 7, 2016

noweakness , Mar 7, 2016 :
    Starting off I have to say I love the phone for its aesthetics, beauty, and premium feel. However, despite having some of the best hardware around I feel like Oxygen OS is crippling this phone. I use my phone for personal and for work purposes and am constantly moving and like to fly through things as I'm going throughout the day, but this phone moves at the speed of my Moto Q from 10 years ago.

This phone has become super laggy and unresponsive at times. I have to wait way too long just to open my text messages or read my gmail. Its enough to drive one crazy. I always thought the trade-off for shorter battery life was going to be pure power. I'm realistic and expect SOME lag here and there, but its ridiculous now.

Sure you're going to tell me to clear cache and I've done that without any improvements. I don't think that end users should have to go to such techniques to get their phone working normally, especially with a stock rom. I hate to put the full blame on Oxygen, I know in my past phones android always seems bloated and slow, but I feel like my OPO (CM) was much better at handling these tasks. Updates seem to roll out too slowly, and when they do they're focused on features such as the camera that I really don't care about when my phone is bogged down for my daily use.

While I try to be a OP loyal fan, I just don't think their Oxygen is ready for "Flapship" status. Correct me if OPO or OPX works much better, but I've seen complaints across the board from the lagginess from OP2 and their updates. I will try to stick with OP, but the new LG G5 looks like pure bliss. I sure hope this upcoming update (ever waiting) helps out and lets me stay with them.

vsm007, jets, alexis.bosman and 10 others like this.
  2. jkb114
    Lollipop Mar 7, 2016

jkb114 , Mar 7, 2016 :
    If you like cm why not install CM13 onto it. It's more or less fully working so I've heard

ratification and IvanMuse like this.
  3. redsch
    Gingerbread Mar 7, 2016

redsch , Mar 7, 2016 :
    I have the Two for a few weeks (coming from X, which I didn't have any major problem with) and I can agree with your complaints (and the way you're presenting them).
    My approach is for now to stick with OOS, being patient and see what's happening. If the upcoming updates won't fix laggy/unresponsive problems, moving to CM.
    All in all, I love the phone, love to hold it, using it (when it's in the right mood, heh). OOS needs some work and for now I'm willing to wait.

4. noweakness
    Honeycomb Mar 7, 2016

Last I heard, CM wasn't working with the fingerprint scanner. Of course that was a couple of months ago.

5. tinomalias
    Froyo Mar 7, 2016

noweakness and IvanMuse like this.
  6. julio.panchame
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 7, 2016

IvanMuse likes this.
  7. SaltLife
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 7, 2016

8. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 7, 2016

9. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Mar 7, 2016

Shuller , Mar 7, 2016 :
    what if he can't? A normal user should not have to worry about custom roms...

livepix, noweakness and FlipJumpman like this.
  10. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Mar 7, 2016

Gaurav Rohilla , Mar 7, 2016 :
    there's no harm if a normal user could be trained to flash custom ROMs. besides the fact oneplus provides warranty even after rooting, I believe this is the only company which encourages normal user to explore full android world via root.

ariblaze, otto2, redsch and 1 other person like this.
  11. FlipJumpman
    Honeycomb Mar 7, 2016

FlipJumpman , Mar 7, 2016 :
    What's with OOS? I mean if it's supposed to be near stock, why is it so difficult to get it somewhat stable?

IvanMuse likes this.
  12. redsch
    Gingerbread Mar 7, 2016

redsch , Mar 7, 2016 :
    Because "stock" doesn't mean stock as google hand it to the world. Just feels stock because of the lack of bloatware and stupid company ideas. It needs to handle the hardware perfectly and phones are pretty complicated devices, the software gets more and more features... etc.

otto2 likes this.
  13. decshz
    Eclair Mar 7, 2016

decshz , Mar 7, 2016 :
    you are just an user/consumer .... it's not a relationship.... you don't have to be "loyal" to OP if they don't deliver your expectations.. if you dont like what they offer and you rather get an LG G5.. then just SWITCH.. there's no blame at that.

you owe 1+ NOTHING... if any, they OWE US the users to live up to their motto "never settle"

I looooooooooooooved my OPO, after moooooonths of waiting i got my invite for the op2 and after weeeeeks of waiting i finally received the package.... i used the phone for 2 days and then sold it... went back to OPO and then switched to a nexus6P.... i MAY consider op3 if they really get their shit together this time.

14. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Mar 7, 2016

nilrb , Mar 7, 2016 :
    :p

15. AzarKasXD
    Gingerbread Mar 7, 2016

AzarKasXD , Mar 7, 2016 :
    Yeah, thing to love about OnePlus

16. noweakness
    Honeycomb Mar 7, 2016

You're right, I don't have to be loyal but seeing a promising new company take charge they have a lot to offer and being there from the beginning you feel part of the company and its growth. I pride myself with their products. Maybe a rom switch would be good or maybe just a complete manufacturer change until the OOS is ready for prime time.

17. MafiaTechTeam
    Jelly Bean Mar 7, 2016

MafiaTechTeam , Mar 7, 2016 :
    shitty OOS im on H2OS MM you would think its a different phone......................... and still by the same company, im gonna buy the OP3

18. decshz
    Eclair Mar 16, 2016

decshz , Mar 16, 2016 :
    ... so, did you get rid of the crappy OPT yet?

19. noweakness
    Honeycomb Mar 16, 2016

noweakness , Mar 16, 2016 :
    To be honest, the latest update has helped out. Its not as laggy as before which is great, but I still have my eyes on the G5. I'll wait to see how more hands-on reviews are before I jump ship, but using my OPT has been better lately.

20. Kartik Kashyap
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2016

Kartik Kashyap , Mar 17, 2016 :
    Yes, my oneplus 2 has also been laggy since past two days. Idk what's wrong but Instagram keeps on crashing! This is not something to expect from a flagship killer. As far as software updates go, oneplus team is super slow which is making me think why did I choose this phone instead of an iPhone. Really dissatisfied in oneplus team.