Finally accepting disappointment with OP2/OOS

1. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Mar 17, 2016

anupritaisno1 , Mar 17, 2016 :
    Really ?

WiFi on cm never worked for me and devs are clueless and even refuse to acknowledge that the bug even exists.....

2. ariblaze
    Jelly Bean Mar 17, 2016

ariblaze , Mar 17, 2016 :
    You don't expect apps to crash on a flagship phone ?? Its an app end of the day, it can crash. Go buy an iPhone dude if you are so dissatisfied because Instagram is crashing.

3. abhidhiman97
    Gingerbread Mar 17, 2016

4. Kartik Kashyap
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2016

Kartik Kashyap , Mar 17, 2016 :
    Let's hope for the best!

5. kanagadeepan
    KitKat Mar 17, 2016

6. Deactivated User
    Mar 17, 2016

noweakness likes this.
  7. ericviel
    Cupcake Mar 17, 2016

ericviel , Mar 17, 2016 :
    Totally disgusted with this phone - I've had it for 2 months now, and it's the worst I ever had

I am seriously annoyed by the same lagging of the phone, specially when waking up after a being idle for a few hours. I had to reboot every 60-80hrs of uptime to avoid this, and now, with the last update (build one a2003_14_160226), it is even worse - I restarted the phone yesterday, and first thing this morning, the phone rings.... Just couldnt pickup the call - phone totally froze - I had to do a (very) press on the power button to reboot it.

Not to mention bluetooth that wont sync with my car, and other android 5 related stupidities !

Useless

8. charleski
    Eclair Mar 17, 2016

charleski , Mar 17, 2016 :
    I had my OP2 half a day before I unlocked it, clean-flashed the latest version of OOS and installed the Boeffla kernel, largely because I like tinkering. It runs like a dream, a thousand times better than the PoS Motorola I had. While there are documented issues with the stock kernel only using two of the A57 cores, I can't help wondering if the bad lag some users describe is down to a badly-flashed system. (Maybe some issue with word alignment? Who knows.) I've seen hideous lag on other devices running CM after a dirty update, and the lag went away when it was cleanly flashed. Obviously, in this age of appliance electronics, users don't want to deal with the hassle of fiddling around in the recovery. But if you have a laggy OP2 and actually want to fix it then doing a wipe and clean flash of the system would be my first choice.

9. elchapinde617
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 17, 2016

elchapinde617 , Mar 17, 2016 :
    as of now, my OP2 has been sturdy, no issues as of yet... I hope the issues doesn't occur after writing this post lol

10. willy156
    Honeycomb Apr 1, 2016

11. Jasgaravito
    Froyo Apr 1, 2016

Jasgaravito , Apr 1, 2016 :
    I'm glad to see your new post of satisfaction with OnePlus.
    Just to report here that OS 2.2.1 works like a charm for me (and probably for many users) but usually people who turn to the forums to write and ask for help, are having trouble.

This is a reminder for those who see this post that a big part of the users are having a good experience, but don't post it here.

I really like this company.

12. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2016

magnamentis , Apr 1, 2016 :
    while i fully agree with your basic conclusions i really ask myself why all of you who understand what the problem of this device is (OOS) don't simply flash one of the many and 2 or 3 really bug-free and great custom roms? together with the right custom kernel one can let this devcie "REALLY" fly. My OP2 on temasek's CM13 based and benschholds kernel is way faster and even cooler than my stock vanilla google nexus 6 which does not mean the N6 is no good, it's the second best of my 7 devices but the "2" with that setup is all that one could expect once.

the result is of course not to compare with official benchmarks, especially because the fsync is disabled which means that more of the read/write process are stored in the huge physical RAM which is up to 40x faster than writing to sdcards which explains the extraordinary "UX" values. nevertheless it's real, just showcasing what's possible. further the CPUs are overclocked to 1.7 and 2.0GHz respectively but no heat.

Further i tweaked the thermal-engine.conf file to allow for full charging speed and full brightness at higher temps which does not mean that the temps are higher but the throttling of the two parameters sets in later and revers earlier
    2016-03-21 13.32.38.png

gopinathr likes this.
  13. noweakness
    Honeycomb Apr 1, 2016

noweakness , Apr 1, 2016 :
    I've rooted in the past, but never been big on custom ROM's. Too much work to be honest. I've never had a successful OTA update experience. Then I have to lose all my data (big one for me). Not to mention until recently the fingerprint scanner wasn't working with the ROMs which was a big detour for me. I just feel like there is more maintenance than I have time for with custom ROM's.

gopinathr likes this.