Finally Given Up On OP2 and bought Note5

1. azeemarshad
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2015

2. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Sep 8, 2015 :
    I just realized you brought up HTC...I think oneplus hired people from HTC camera team to work on the camera in the op2

sfomin likes this.
  3. sfomin
    Nougat Sep 8, 2015

sfomin , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Yep. I made a joke about it somewhere not long ago that OP2 wont have a good camera because they hired HTC engineers:D

4. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

sfomin likes this.
  5. sfomin
    Nougat Sep 8, 2015

sfomin , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Million dollar question:D

6. Jayzero
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2015

Jayzero , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Oh I like the note 5 too but I own a S6 just saying perfect phone. However ahhhhhh I am a oneplus fan and loyal customer just liked my oneplus one a lot. Sold it for a fair price and got my S6 on contract. Now I'll keep it.

7. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

My beef with HTC has been their choice of battery capacities. They always seem to be underwhelming and sense ui seems a little over the top to me.

sfomin likes this.
  8. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

And their bs marketing of the ultra pixel

sfomin likes this.
  9. sfomin
    Nougat Sep 8, 2015

sfomin , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Sense UI is my favorite so far. Even on my OPO, i had the Sense theme applied... But yes, their phones have a horrible battery life!

10. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

I will say this, I like how HTC used a front facing fingerprint reader (like the op2) in the one m9+.

If they can make a killer android m phone with that, I might just wait for them...unless I get Antsy in my pantsy and sell my soul to apple

sfomin likes this.
  11. Drlipton
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2015

Drlipton , Sep 8, 2015 :
    How and where did you find the phone for 700$. I've been looking at ebay and I can't find the Note 5(n920i?) for that price. Living in EU, I'm also afraid of VAT, so I'm trying to find a seller within EU.

12. Sandy K
    Froyo Sep 8, 2015

Sandy K , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Me too waited for OP2. I've OPO but still eagerly waiting for OP2. But long wait for invite system was very frustrating. Thus I bought Note4. Though I didn't like Touchwiz, I really like camera of Samsung Galaxy/Note Series. I really like the ROM which OP provide. It is clean & fast. Now I'll target for OP3 maybe ;).

13. sfomin
    Nougat Sep 8, 2015

sfomin , Sep 8, 2015 :
    I really miss the front facing speakers

14. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

Please do tell more about beats/boomsound.

My backup moto e has 1 front facing speaker and it gets louder than the opo speaker but it distorts at the highest volume. The oneplus one speaker gets loud too but is clearer at higher volume.

sfomin likes this.
  15. sfomin
    Nougat Sep 8, 2015

sfomin , Sep 8, 2015 :
    I am not an audiophile, so i cant such much but just that they sound amazing. They are not the loudest, but they are pretty clear even at full volume. What i really liked was when watching videos, the sound would be coming directly at your face, not like from the side. Again, i am not an audiophile, but even i noticed it.

16. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

Does it make having Bluetooth speakers irrelevant or is that asking too much?

sfomin likes this.
  17. sfomin
    Nougat Sep 8, 2015

sfomin , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Asking too much:D They are great speakers, but would not be a substitute for a Bluetooth speaker.

18. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

Speaking of phone speakers, you would think apple would implement a beats branded speaker into their iphone since they own the brand. I wonder if HTC has patents regarding boomsound.

sfomin likes this.
  19. sfomin
    Nougat Sep 8, 2015

sfomin , Sep 8, 2015 :
    If i remember correctly, BEATS was just an algorithm that added some bass to the output. The speaker itself wasnt made by beats. And M8 and beyond, they dropped beats altogether.

20. cryptozephyr
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2015

cryptozephyr , Sep 8, 2015 :
    I had almost made up my mind last year to buy note 4 but came across opo and got the invite in time.