Finally I'm getting it!!

1. vhl71
    Eclair Jan 12, 2016

vhl71 , Jan 12, 2016 :
    After a long wait for a week, it looks like the shipment will be here by today!! Can't wait to get my hands on that beauty!! Ordered a Champagne OPX.

Coming from BB10 (blackberry leap) - when i tried to backup my whatsapp and sms before to an android device, the whatsapp restore on android never worked. Is there a way to get the chats restored from a blackberry to android? Anyone here has done it?

calypso786 likes this.
  2. Nexxtra_
    Eclair Jan 12, 2016

Nexxtra_ , Jan 12, 2016 :
    Congrats lol :p
    I think when you'll log in the chat will be restored ?? Idk

Ceasedd likes this.
  3. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Jan 12, 2016

SoniaB , Jan 12, 2016 :
    Was the Blackberry Leap not a Micro Sim?
    The X is a nano sim card.
    If you have a nano sim from your carrier and the phone number remains unchanged, then once you instal Whatsapp, its should just sync up and restore your backed up messages.
    If you are getting a new number with the nano sim, then that will not be possible.

Ceasedd likes this.
  4. vhl71
    Eclair Jan 12, 2016

vhl71 , Jan 12, 2016 :
    No my number is the same - but i have to backup the chat history on my BB and then move that backup folder to android. When I tried this last time (on nexus 6P which I've returned) whatsapp didnt recognize that as a backup at all - it didnt restore anything. Since I'm moving platforms, i'm not sure whether its possible to restore whatsapp between bb10 and android.

5. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jan 12, 2016 :
    hmmm ... I just checked whatsapp and it sayd this:

Note: You cannot restore chat history from any other phone type to Android, or from Android to another phone type.

https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android/20902622

Ceasedd likes this.
  6. calypso786
    Gingerbread Jan 12, 2016

calypso786 , Jan 12, 2016 :
    I did the transition from bb10.2 to android 4.4 and used google drive to back up the whatsapp chat and then restore & some common application (i dont remember the name, I got it from amazon store on blackberry & equivalent android app from playstore, something along sms backup and restore or something) to transfer my text messages. Welcome to android. You will love the zillions of new apps you will be able to get your hand on. And miss the hub dearly :)

7. vhl71
    Eclair Jan 12, 2016

vhl71 , Jan 12, 2016 :
    Thanks. That sucks!!

I guess I've to live with it..

Has anyone switched from a bb device to OPX? I'm still very nervous about this phone - i don't particularly like android - BB10 suits me the best as a communication tool (talk/text/email/browser) I'll miss the hub and seamless email integration.

But the price and the look of OPX made me buy this one - hope i don't regret it!!

8. OPFanBoyTillEnd
    Honeycomb Jan 12, 2016

OPFanBoyTillEnd , Jan 12, 2016 :
    Your only chance is with Google Drive (if BB whatsapp supports it, I don't really know anything about it). If it doesn't, I'm afraid you have no chance.

WhatsApp doesn't store your conversation, is your phone that does. You have to backup them in some way (usually with an SD or something), not sure how people that responded you got their conversation without backing them up :p

9. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jan 12, 2016 :
    Not me ... sorry. I had the S4 and then bought the OPO and now have the OP2.

As @calypso786 said, there is probably an app that can do the restore for you. Worth checking out if you really want the past chat.

Ceasedd likes this.
  10. vhl71
    Eclair Jan 12, 2016

vhl71 , Jan 12, 2016 :
    As i said, i backed them up on my SD card - but since i'm moving platforms the restore doesnt work. As sophia said, no one can restore whatsapp backup between different platforms.

11. OPFanBoyTillEnd
    Honeycomb Jan 12, 2016

OPFanBoyTillEnd , Jan 12, 2016 :
    And that is just plain sad :(

12. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Jan 13, 2016

anupritaisno1 , Jan 13, 2016 :
    It is very much possible

13. vhl71
    Eclair Jan 13, 2016

14. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean Jan 13, 2016

iPusak Gaoq™ , Jan 13, 2016 :
    Only whatsapp beta user can export whatsapp chat from BB to android....

i quote

15. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Jan 13, 2016