2. No

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Oct 22, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Oct 22, 2017 :
    true.

you updated to 4.5.0 in Aug'17. and the problem started.
    are you still on that version or have you upgraded to 4.5.1?

can you give me a reason why some (many) users are NOT having any problems?

2. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Oct 22, 2017

yes. I just wanted to confirm you didn't flash the one for 3T by mistake.

3. Abhimanyu Mane
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2017

Abhimanyu Mane , Oct 22, 2017 :
    Had talked with people who was on beta program and people who have tryed different versions ROM but once they got hit with it than different versions not making any difference Problem remaining same......

4. Abhimanyu Mane
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2017

Nope man I didn't

5. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Oct 22, 2017

okay. I'll tell you my experience.

I was on resurrection remix ROM for the last 4 months or so. everything was fine. but lately, my battery life wasn't up to the mark. but that could also be because I had more than 150 apps, tried different kernels, different tweaks, etc. basically experimenting.

when none of that helped, I wanted to come back to Oxygen Oreo Open Beta 16. here, my dual sim stopped working. only the sim which was chosen for mobile data would work and the other one would automatically lose network. if you change the default sim for data, the opposite would happen. while both SIMs worked, only one would be operational at any given time. plus some other small minor bugs.

so i decided to go back to RR or other Oreo based ROMs. there also dual sim stopped working! this problem was not there before. I tried 2 or 3 different oreo based ROMs and all of them had the same problem. that was shocking because I thought the OB16 messed up my sim radios.

fortunately, when I flashed the stable 4.5.0, everything worked fine. battery is great too. so I decided to stick with it for now.

can you explain my dual SIM issue? no one else reported this problem for this build as far as i know.

6. Abhimanyu Mane
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2017

You travelled alot man....I can't believe so much new things you done with your phone man... and 150 app ... I m still at 120 only....

Looks you are pro in this...

Right now I don't have any solution for the problem you are facing but will try to search about it and if I came across any solution then afcours will let you know man.....

7. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Oct 22, 2017

the dual sim problem is not new. others have reported the same problem, but for other devices or other OS builds.

I can't be blaming OnePlus for spoiling my sim radios (because they are working perfectly well on the stable version). I downloaded it within a couple of days of its release, just like most others. and no one so far has complained about this particular issue. I even re-downloaded the zip a few days later and tried flashing again after completely wiping all partitions. then I tried flashing the latest firmware (not the ROM), tried restoring the EFS partition from another backup, etc. but none of all these worked.

so I came back to 4.5.0 (from a nandroid backup). since everything was fine, and there was no information of what exactly the changes were in 4.5.1, I decided to stick with this build until the next Oreo build is released.

so, do you see the point I am trying to make here. if the zip provided by the company was faulty, then it should have affected everyone who downloaded it. that's why I don't want to blame the company, atleast not as yet.

something has definitely gone wrong and we need to find it without jumping the gun.

8. mehdi63_1
    Donut Oct 22, 2017

mehdi63_1 , Oct 22, 2017 :
    I updated my phone using ota update so there is no way that i'm using a wrong rom. it was what oneplus suggested me. I always do ota update. However I must say that this isn't the first time something goes wrong. Over many updates from OSS 3.x to current stable version I faced many problem that was not so important for me so I didn't tried sideloading. for example at some point, Google keyword stopped working or stock sms app does not open ! or i can't change wallpaper in some areas like screen saver mode...

Then, I must say there is some kind of problem here for just some people.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017

9. mehdi63_1
    Donut Oct 22, 2017

I have another theory. I installed nexus camera app on my phone. everthing was ok just before update. So maybe nexus camera did something to my phone?

Did you installed nexus camera too?

10. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Oct 22, 2017

may be. may not be.

I read on another post that someone installed Google camera and after that the stock camera stopped focusing.

we really don't know what can cause a problem.

but those are for camera. what about my sim problem? I did not change my sim or use any app that manages sim.

Abhimanyu Mane likes this.
  11. mehdi63_1
    Donut Oct 22, 2017

Also I remember that google protect service was blocking an app named gpio service for me (that i can't find it right now!) maybe that was a part of google camera app too (that i have uninstalled now)

12. Abhimanyu Mane
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2017

Nope... at the same time when I received these updates there were three camera apps on my phone:

1. OnePlus Defult camera app.
    2. Google Camera app.
    3. Beauty +.

There camera are there since the time I brought this phone...

13. Sujknair
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2017

Sujknair , Oct 22, 2017 :
    im a bit late to this discussion, but have you checked out etradesupply? they deliver to india. have used them for replacing the displays on my nexus 5 and 7, and both were absolutely perfect. they carry OEM quality parts, if youre looking to replace the cam module.

Abhimanyu Mane likes this.
  14. Abhimanyu Mane
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2017

It wasn't on top Google search man... will try if they provide that same part

15. True_pc
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2017

True_pc , Oct 23, 2017 :
    you welcome guys , this is workaround and we give one plus developer team to provide fixing package for camera auto focus.

16. Abhimanyu Mane
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2017

Abhimanyu Mane , Oct 24, 2017 :
    What are you trying to say man???

17. D1510661044645
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

D1510661044645 , Dec 20, 2017 :
    Same here my OP3 for almost 2 months. OnePlus support ask to do hard reset every time if issue happen again but it really frustrated when need to snapshot something urgently.
    Last option is to send for repair from Indonesia to China :(

18. Vikas.gpt
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2018

Vikas.gpt , Jun 24, 2018 :
    I was also facing the same problem and my phone is out of warranty for almost 10 months..I went to oneplus service centre Pune and they replaced it for free. They told me that it happened because of an update. Best service ever.

19. Sam Nakamura
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 3, 2018

Sam Nakamura , Jul 3, 2018 :
    They "officially" stated that the rear camera module malfunctions because of an update? Did they give any further details about it and how this could be avoided?