Finally working VoLTE + VoWiFi for almost all European carriers

1. fuyao Froyo Jul 17, 2018

fuyao, Jul 17, 2018 :
    OnePlus 3/3T/5/5T/6 supports both VoLTE + VoWiFi, and almost all EU carriers have enabled it from their side as well, but VoLTE is still not working.
    OnePlus failed to just make a small change to the firmware settings but luckily an amazing user with the name of amal2367 has done all the coding now!

This is NOT a way to just enable the VoLTE option in the setting but actually really ENABLES the feature and its working and many users from different countries (Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey,..) have reported its working now.
    Find all the details here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5t/how-to/guide-volte-vowifi-german-carriers-t3817542

Of course it would be much easier if OnePlus changes the settings with the next OS Update so nobody needs to manually do the settings themselves to get VoLTE working.

xpitxPL, matejsimek, harry_db and 6 others like this.
  2. Stealth777 Gingerbread Jul 17, 2018

Stealth777, Jul 17, 2018 :
    So in the U.S.A. you just turn it on and it works , but not in other countries, very interesting.

3. soshi89 Gingerbread Jul 18, 2018

soshi89, Jul 18, 2018 :
    I'm on Three UK with OP5T and I just tried this and it works instantly. To those who can't read German, go to you phone and type *#800# select OnePlus logout; then select function switch and select VOLTE and VOWIFI. It'll require a reboot after selecting one option. Once the phone has fully rebooted with the options enabled go to phone settings and select SIM & Network and you'll see the options to enable VOlTe and VOWIFI . Kudos to the person who figured it out

*Edit*

So now it doesn't seem to be working on Three UK. It worked instantly the first time i enabled the option but when I disabled them and enabled it again it doesn't work no more

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018

Bouncer71 likes this.
  4. fuyao Froyo Jul 18, 2018

fuyao, Jul 18, 2018 :
    This will only work if your provider settings are correctly stored in the OnePlus firmware. Unfortunately, not many are stored correctly, so just by enabling the setting doesn't mean you actually have VoLTE / VoWifi. For that you need to see the symbol in the taskbar as well.

This workaround (btw no German required since I translated it into English on XDA) doesn't just enable the toggle switch in the settings but overrides the wrong VoLTE settings with the correct working ones.

So far we have confirmations from users for the following carriers:
    Germany: T-Mobile, O2, Vodafone, former E-Plus, 3rd parties like Alditalk,...
    Portugal Vodafone
    Czech Republic Vodafone
    Greece Cosmote
    Romania Orange
    Netherlands Vodafone
    Switzerland Swisscom
    Belgium Orange
    Malaysia telco Digi

5. Nawapon Cupcake Jul 18, 2018

6. soshi89 Gingerbread Jul 18, 2018

soshi89, Jul 18, 2018 :
    Yeah the symbol did show up the very first time until I tested it by disabling mobile data and wifi and enabling it again and it never showed up again. I guess we'll never get it on Three UK because they won't implement it for third parties unless the phones are sold directly from them :/

7. fuyao Froyo Jul 18, 2018

fuyao, Jul 18, 2018 :
    Yes, of course the prerequisite is that the provider has enabled VoLTE in the 1st place.

8. flores78 Gingerbread Jul 18, 2018

flores78, Jul 18, 2018 :
    5.1.9 deletes the settings so you have to start again cause they implement VOLTE for Telia so I would assume they rewrite the whole thing. Really annoying little company. So basically you need to start again with QPST sottware in order to enable it and would probably have to do that with every single update cause this data is erased.

It works also with Bouygues in France and Digi Mobil in Romania.

If you ask them about official support they start with the partnership BS. So a user is able to make it work for a dozen EU networks and OP talks BS. Worst company ever.

matejsimek likes this.
  9. fuyao Froyo Jul 18, 2018

fuyao, Jul 18, 2018 :
    Another way would be to backup the EFS partition before doing an OTA update and restoring EFS afterwards. But in case they actually make a change to the EFS with the update, its best to not crossmix different partition versions.
    So yes, to be safe its always best to just do the OTA Update and then do the change with QPST again afterwards.

10. flores78 Gingerbread Jul 18, 2018

flores78, Jul 18, 2018 :
    So basically you would have to do this every time: really annoying. Should have bought an S9. Their Volte works with most providers. And they call it Flagship Killer. I am going to take it up with them, cause I do not agree with them erasing my settings.

V1560895792208 and Ole089 like this.
  11. fuyao Froyo Jul 18, 2018

fuyao, Jul 18, 2018 :
    Saying every time sounds like after every restart, but thats not the case.
    But yes, everytime when you flash a new firmware! How often does that happen? Once every 2months / half a year?

V1560895792208 likes this.
  12. flores78 Gingerbread Jul 18, 2018

flores78, Jul 18, 2018 :
    Could be, but the truth of the matter is that I would prefer to stay it as it is. It is a bit of a complicated procedure and to to it all over again it is a nuisance. That is my point of view. In my case, for instance, it worked for 1 day until the update. The sensible thing that OP should have done, would have been to put all settings in a device database (like Xiaomi does) and then most EU networks would work (mi Mi Mix 2S does that). Instead they insist with the stupid parnership story that nobody really believes.

sterchalkias and matejsimek like this.
  13. J1531926092217 Cupcake Jul 18, 2018

14. thomas riche Froyo Jul 26, 2018

15. Gotischer Eclair Aug 16, 2018

16. harry_db Gingerbread Aug 17, 2018

17. harry_db Gingerbread Aug 17, 2018

DinkoDes likes this.
  18. DinkoDes Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 6, 2019

DinkoDes, Jan 6, 2019 :
    Still no OTA fix from OnePlus!

Really?
    Flagship killer my arse.

By May 2014 user from OP1 to OP5 and seems Xiaomi user as their shit works as suppose in Europe.

19. sterchalkias Donut Jan 6, 2019

sterchalkias, Jan 6, 2019 :
    Does the Oneplus Team listening or not?

20. twinsen Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

twinsen, Jun 26, 2019 :
    I can confirm, that VoLTE & VoWiFi work on polish Orange sub-brand, Nju mobile, on the EE-VoLTE profile - on OnePlus 5.