Find out what’s happening to the OnePlus 3 & 3T.

1. F_Diganta_Koner_WIXu
    Jelly Bean May 26, 2017

F_Diganta_Koner_WIXu , May 26, 2017 :
    Copy that [e]1f601[/e]

youbi likes this.
  2. Radeon962
    KitKat May 26, 2017

Radeon962 , May 26, 2017 :
    IMG_2304%20(Large).PNG

pcoventry, Dunnow and jezgibson like this.
  3. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 26, 2017

Dunnow , May 26, 2017 :
    so it has everything to do with it?

4. whodatboi
    KitKat May 26, 2017

whodatboi , May 26, 2017 :
    Except me. I'm waiting for a confirmation on the release date so I can sell my OP3.
    But you are correct. If I was a OnePlus 1/2/X user (maybe not so much the 1) who doesn't want to flash ROMS I'd be so far up OnePlus's @$$ they'd have a hard time swallowing the fact they really did screw up.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  5. hareshdc
    Eclair May 26, 2017

hareshdc , May 26, 2017 :
    how about a price cut if you are clearing out the stock from your Warehouse.

whodatboi likes this.
  6. whodatboi
    KitKat May 26, 2017

OnePlus 2.

two
    [too]
    noun
    1. a cardinal number, 1 plus 1.

2. a symbol for this number, as 2 or II
    3. a set of this many persons or things.
    4. a playing card, die face, or half of a domino face with two pips.

adjective
    1. amounting to two in number.
    Idioms
    1. in two,into two separate parts, as halves: A bolt of lightning split the tree in two.

2. put two and two together,to draw a correct conclusion from the given circumstances; infer: It didn't require a great mind to put two and two together.
    Origin of two
    before 900; Middle English; Old Englishtwā (feminine and neuter; cf. twain); cognate with German zwei; compare Latin duo, Greek dýo

Predict23 and Sun90 like this.
  7. hareshdc
    Eclair May 26, 2017

what's the use of buying a phone which is being discontinued? no software support.. just use till android releases new version and then throw it away switch to new phone?

8. whodatboi
    KitKat May 26, 2017

It's just a few devices though. So not a big deal. Probably already sold out. It's just such a small number of devices you see....

9. whodatboi
    KitKat May 26, 2017

Install a ROM.....

10. hareshdc
    Eclair May 26, 2017

well, yeah, we can always play around with rom's

whodatboi likes this.
  11. Trishan_Palit
    Cupcake May 26, 2017

Trishan_Palit , May 26, 2017 :
    would I get Android o update in my 3t
    or it i have flash custom ROM as I done in my OnePlus one and 2

12. ISumit
    Eclair May 27, 2017

ISumit , May 27, 2017 :
    RIP OP3T.

I had OP2 since Sep 2015. Was tired of waiting for Nougat and finally got tired and bought OP3T in LAST MONTH.

This time, I'll save myself some time and buy other device as soon as OP5 is released. I guess its time to say goodbye.

13. lkosova
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 27, 2017

lkosova , May 27, 2017 :
    Think they mentioned last year that the 3 would get updates for 2 years. It was printed somewhere.

14. lkosova
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 27, 2017

lkosova , May 27, 2017 :
    I think the Op3 is really in a different position then past phones by OP. Not only was it a true flagship phone but it Does have the hardware! This hardware will easily be able to be used on Roms for years to come. I used my Samsung 3 years beyond its prime. This hardware will be able to o compete easily for a few years.

pcoventry likes this.
  15. meatandy
    Oreo May 27, 2017

meatandy , May 27, 2017 :
    You could have the OP5 in a few weeks. ;)

Just saying.

pcoventry and Sun90 like this.
  16. dbic
    Cupcake May 27, 2017

dbic , May 27, 2017 :
    Having just ordered 3T I'm really concerned about the updates. I know the press release has said that, we will continue to receive these updates, that's great but for how long! My main reason for changing is because I cannot get updates on my current mobile phone.

17. joelsedit
    Gingerbread May 27, 2017

joelsedit , May 27, 2017 :
    Yeah I have a question. If I wanted to send my phone in to repair for, say a broken screen, will you guys still be able to fix that or do I have to fix it myself?

18. Magnetic Nerd
    Jelly Bean May 27, 2017

Magnetic Nerd , May 27, 2017 :
    Wow so much butthurt in this thread

Dayum

Th support for the OP2 died because the phone was a fail we know it and OP knows it so hence the support has wained. The OPX chipset isnt supported anymore so naturally that died also.

The OP3 is OP' best selling device since the OPO I highly doubt they'll stop supporting it but there updated may get further apart just due to the next device but this is normal with every company par Google usually!

cmcosta81 and pcoventry like this.
  19. AshokSanku
    Froyo May 27, 2017

pcoventry likes this.
  20. pcoventry
    Honeycomb May 27, 2017

pcoventry , May 27, 2017 :
    I neither want to pay more, nor do I consider the upgrade to be worth it. I came from an Oukitel K10000 for heavens sake! - To me this phone is Mobile perfection, When it runs out I might get another, but if the supports stop then I will get someone to flash it for me and then use it for another few years.

I also have insurance on it with my bank and house cover, so I'm all good for the future ;) I've never been an early adopter anyway - don't plan to start now.

Also, another reason I kept it is because I had ordered a car charger from China, and then my Dash charger auto ordered - I used them both, I can't return them or the case, £80 of accessories that work like a charm, but are worth nada.

A year - maybe 2 - no one knows, My Oukitel K10000 stopped getting updates last year - but although not OTA my wife's LG G3 recently got Android 6 - which is good considering it's a 2014 handset. And even then I believe it was a hardware problem that stopped it getting to 7. (AndApple syndrome?) :p The 3T should be able to cope well into 2020 and I hope beyond with it's current specs.

People want the latest and greatest for bragging rights, I have enough to brag about, I don't need my phone to be one of them :)

If all else fails, learn to flash (is what I keep seeing) - after all, the updates stop because OP stops them, they don't stop elsewhere!

Last edited: May 27, 2017