Find out what’s happening to the OnePlus 3 & 3T.

1. akdrag
    Cupcake May 27, 2017

akdrag , May 27, 2017 :
    I guess they were selling OP3t/OP3 at a slim profit margin and to discount it may mean decreasing the profit further and it's a nice move towards recent OP3t buyers that the price hasn't fallen suddenly.

2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 27, 2017

toastytoast1234 , May 27, 2017 :
    Why would you drop the price of something if you don't have to? I don't imagine they're going to be left with tens of thousands of them gathering dust in the warehouse.

3. pojr
    Jelly Bean May 27, 2017

pojr , May 27, 2017 :
    Well I guess if they're still flying off the shelves, you got a point

If the OP3T and OP5 were out simultaneously, that would be different

4. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator May 27, 2017

camohan , May 27, 2017 :
    I ll merge this with last call thread its more relevant to ask there.

5. isty
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 27, 2017

isty , May 27, 2017 :
    I was just wondering what will be the fate of future Op3/3T updates/support?

6. astralbee

astralbee , May 27, 2017 :
    "Even today, the OnePlus 3T ranks among the best smartphones available"

What, less than 6 months after launch? I should flipping well hope so, too!

Good that you're still supporting it... if you stick to your word... but if you sound surprised that your product has a life of more than 6 months then should we expect to see a Oneplus 6 by Christmas?

7. TheSpoken

TheSpoken , May 27, 2017 :
    The Oneplus 5 will indefinitely be more expensive. Anyone who loves Oneplus but doesn't want to pay the higher price tag for the Oneplus 5 can buy the 3t and be good. Seriously, at this point the Oneplus 5 will be at least 600 dollars.

Good point!

cmcosta81 likes this.
  8. Ankit Bhaurah
    Eclair May 27, 2017

Ankit Bhaurah , May 27, 2017 :
    Not This One.....I Think All The World Now Purchase OP5..........One Plus Team Can "Raffle" OR Giveaway the OP3T For It's Community.:D:D:cool:

9. rodger_rulez
    Gingerbread May 27, 2017

rodger_rulez , May 27, 2017 :
    Why they cannot exact dates be answered immediately, do not they know them? That's so funny. With their exact answer, they would remove all unnecessary questions.

10. pcoventry
    Honeycomb May 27, 2017

pcoventry , May 27, 2017 :
    I am not a fanboy, I am learning to flash as it might be the only way to keep this phone going for the near future.
    I still expect the warranty, and if they don't supply it they could well be in trouble,

Does not mean people who don't want to are dumb, Someone who early adopts and then whinges about all the bugs could hardly be considered smart either.

Likewise someone who spends money they don't need to when it makes little to no difference, like when the 3t came out - very few 3 owners upgraded. The 3T to the 5 for me is not worth the upgrade for the massive price increase (not just $40 this time), and there will be nothing the 5 can run that the 3t can't for about a year.

My decision not to upgrade based on the above is very very smart in MY book!

Radeon962 likes this.
  11. Tiwi1990

Tiwi1990 , May 27, 2017 :
    Few words more facts

About the update, since april, no update for op3 - 3t, and it is reasonble to think that is caused by the lauch of op5

I prefer to wait before judge, but for now, it seems op3 will be the next op2 (about updates)

IRSHAD.ABDULLAH likes this.
  12. pojr
    Jelly Bean May 27, 2017

pojr , May 27, 2017 :
    I'm just banking on the OP5 not being $500+. Because in my opinion that would defeat the purpose of having a OP device.

13. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator May 27, 2017

youbi , May 27, 2017 :
    Thanks for pointing out that doing literal translations to English of sayings in your own language is always a bad idea. :oops: :sweatsmile:

In Portuguese we say "não tem nada haver", so I forgot to fix it in English. Luckily I think he understood the idea I was after.

"The faith that the op2 is having has nothing to do with it being sold or not". I think this is better and more understandable. :p

14. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 27, 2017

Dunnow , May 27, 2017 :
    them double negations are dangerous. It's always an experience going to another language, but you should never travel alone:

[​IMG]

youbi likes this.
  15. william990
    Eclair May 28, 2017

william990 , May 28, 2017 :
    I hope this is just for production and not that you also stop on updates for 3T otherwise it would really be a disappointment and you would lose my whole estimate if in such a short time a device was no longer updated

16. janguv
    Honeycomb May 28, 2017

janguv , May 28, 2017 :
    80% of the posts in here are mindless complaints about product discontinuation. This is really standard procedure for a company of OP's size. Lots of doomsaying, based on the experience with two out of four/five handsets. Let's just relax. OnePlus *more* than fulfilled their commitments when it came to the OPO. I'm not worried that the 3 won't be supported.

cmcosta81 likes this.
  17. Kokito
    Froyo May 28, 2017

Kokito , May 28, 2017 :
    Why everybody is throwing op3t to the garbage already?
    I'm NG thus on a op1 and despite the many things that have start o failed like the battery (just replaced for a new one a month ago. Problem solved)... I flashed a ROM almost 2 months after getting it. Now I'm on LineageOS and tbh I'm really ok. I just want to upgrade to a better/metallic frame, better battery life (at least sturdy like the Op1) and better screen technology.
    That's it. The device will work OK. Stop worrying. You don't really need the new shit on sale just because it's new.
    Luke many other are already saying... If you are on Op3 /op3t... You don't really need to jump to op5. Trust me. If you will get it right away. Do it. Good for you. But don't blame it on these absurd "feeling of abandon" just because you are afraid of something that at least can be solved changing from ROM and waiting for the good guys on XDADevelopers to bring the help. Ok .
    Tl;dr?
    Stop whining.
    Your new toy will still be "special" after op5 is launched and its already a great toy.

cmcosta81 likes this.
  18. venkataravi
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2017

venkataravi , May 28, 2017 :
    Who wants to buy a discontinued or going to be....product. This is first time a company is announcing like this. I really doubt updates will come after OPO 5 is released, although they promised..look at OPO2 & X and then OPO one. luckily lineage OS stepped in after Cyanogen debacle.

19. ptsiamis
    Donut May 28, 2017

ptsiamis , May 28, 2017 :
    if you stop updates customers will only buy your devices one time and never again. better off with a xiaomi device that offers updates for a very long time...

20. D. Ip
    Gingerbread May 28, 2017

D. Ip , May 28, 2017 :
    Just FYI. Kia is amongst the top 5 most reliable vehicles according to consumers report for 2017 and they are backed up with one of the best warranty in the industry. So comparing oneplus to kia isn't so so accurate.

Rentiold and pcoventry like this.