Find out what’s happening to the OnePlus 3 & 3T.

1. mywolf2
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2017

mywolf2 , May 28, 2017 :

2. pcoventry
    Honeycomb May 28, 2017

3. mywolf2
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2017

mywolf2 , May 28, 2017 :
    rude much game offered 15 for a mint op3

4. venkataravi
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2017

venkataravi , May 28, 2017 :
    Why buy OPO 3T when Omeplus 5 is coming, makes no sense.. Lucky that you guys announced regarding discontinue of 3T.

aris likes this.
  5. jsb007
    Gingerbread May 28, 2017

jsb007 , May 28, 2017 :
    If you guys will just discontinue it then who would like to buy the remaining OP3T o_O

6. sahil sonii
    Froyo May 28, 2017

7. pcoventry
    Honeycomb May 28, 2017

pcoventry , May 28, 2017 :
    Yes - and? Game will always rip people off - Just because game tried to rip you off does not mean that's what it's worth. As I said they are going on Ebay for over £400 still.

Game buy it for £15 sell it for £300.

8. G_Neelmani_Jha_Yayt
    Gingerbread May 28, 2017

G_Neelmani_Jha_Yayt , May 28, 2017 :
    There is some rumours about pricing and it's not a good news, Oneplus 5 is rumoured to be a 'bit' expensive.
    (source:android authority)

pcoventry likes this.
  9. jmarks
    Honeycomb May 28, 2017

jmarks , May 28, 2017 :
    @Steven G., LOL, LOL, LOL... You make me laugh!
    Do you remember the promises made to the owners of OPX and OP2?
    More than words matter the actions.

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  10. OmarJomha
    Gingerbread May 28, 2017

OmarJomha , May 28, 2017 :
    This is why the OnePlus 3T is the last OnePlus phone I'll ever buy. The way OnePlus abandons their phones is, quite frankly, embarrassing. I bought the One, and it was an awesome phone with awesome support (by Cyanogen, mind you). I watched the fiasco with the OPX and OP2, and glad I skipped those devices.

To be fair, I bought the OP3T expecting this to happen. When OP3/3T accessories started going out of stock, I knew this announcement was coming. I bought this phone knowing that I'd have to rely on custom ROM support once official support ends. Though I was hoping (and still am) that support will at least long enough for LineageOS to get through the nightly builds. Oh well.

With the OP5 price going to be closer to the likes of Samsung and LG, I'll be skipping it. Might as well spend a bit more for the support that LG and Samsung provide. Then again, there are enticing phones from Motorola, LTE, Huawei, Blackberry and Xiaomi that will be more affordable than the OnePlus 5. There are plenty of options with either a more affordable price or better support.

pcoventry likes this.
  11. Roadstar
    Froyo May 28, 2017

Roadstar , May 28, 2017 :
    I really do wish that at least security updates keep coming, otherwise this 3T will be my first and also last OnePlus device. For after all, the update situation is quite bad already. It's almost June and we're still on March security updates.

abdullaamori, aresza20 and soehner like this.
  12. mywolf2
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 29, 2017

mywolf2 , May 29, 2017 :
    i made my point and as for ebay who buys without seeing it in hand before parting with your dosh ok if your selling too risky to buy :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

13. LebaneseLegends
    Eclair May 29, 2017

LebaneseLegends , May 29, 2017 :
    I could be wrong, but I believe that an Android device receives at least two major updates for it's life cycle. The 3/3T has only received one.
    I think that OnePlus will deliver on its promise to update to Android O!

Predict23 likes this.
  14. G_SAI_krishna_SNlp
    Cupcake May 29, 2017

15. pcoventry
    Honeycomb May 29, 2017

pcoventry , May 29, 2017 :
    Which is why they have guarantees to protect people.

You talk of risk and yet you also say that Game offered you £15 for your phone, clearly not the brightest in the box are you.

Leave it there.

16. elanglois
    Lollipop May 29, 2017

elanglois , May 29, 2017 :
    Yeah, they told OP2 and OPX users the same thing. I kept thinking they'd have something any day now. They never came through.

We'll get an occasional security update (maybe - they aren't exactly pouring in now), but I expect most of the stuff in the Beta program will be for the OP5. We're just the Guinea pigs.

17. Devang Kateliya
    Eclair May 29, 2017

18. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat May 29, 2017

iNtEnSePL , May 29, 2017 :
    @Carl will do them with his own hands for you :)

19. pcoventry
    Honeycomb May 29, 2017

pcoventry , May 29, 2017 :
    Indeed.. Look at the Mi 6 for example. beast of a phone, £449 in the UK for the 128GB model, so £10 more than the current 3T price - but when the OP5 comes out and it's around the £550 mark as suggested - it's going to struggle to gain traction I am sure, unless people are die hard sheep, which is possible, it's what Apple customers are afterall.

For those who are not sure what this phone has, Here is a link to it - yes the screen is a bit smaller but it's better. It's also not got headphone jack, but so many people use bluetooth these days anyway.

I have BT headphones, but at least if the battery runs out I can plug them in and use them as normal, so thats a bonus for the 3T and probably the 5 as well.

http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_6-8507.php

OmarJomha likes this.
  20. Lync
    Eclair May 29, 2017

Lync , May 29, 2017 :
    Didn't they say they at least support a device 2 years, regardless of production? If they don't, the 3T was my last phone of this brand.