Find out what’s happening to the OnePlus 3 & 3T.

1. varma246 KitKat May 25, 2017

varma246, May 25, 2017 :
    Is this a wise decision?

NO.

It's like you guys shifting attention towards op5.
    Stoping production 3t bcoz of 5.

2. Lancelot_69 KitKat May 25, 2017

3. inffy Nordics POC Assistant Head Moderator May 25, 2017

RonaldM and pablofg1978 like this.
  4. stevenswall Honeycomb May 25, 2017

stevenswall, May 25, 2017 :
    Did it not receive updates for about 18 months? Does it not have several ROMs available outside of official updates? Did you by chance buy it to have the latest and greatest without doing your due diligence concerning the flawed CPU and terrible charging, not to mention worse speakers and removal of NFC? Did you not know that the Snapdragon 810 has issues and that four major hardware manufacturers weren't able to fix it without crippling the phones?

If you want to be an early adopter of the latest hardware, that is the risk you take: It may not be supported for long, and people may find many issues with it that you would know about if you waited or did more research.

I had three invites for the OnePlus 2, and offered them to friends... We all concluded that it wasn't worth the 'upgrade' and stuck with OnePlus One devices.

It pays to be cautious and not jump on the next latest thing as soon as possible, especially when it's something that depreciates.

5. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator May 25, 2017

youbi, May 25, 2017 :
    I think that it might be the Oneplus Three. :p:D

Now a bit more serious, and talking about the thread. :sweatsmile: I do hope that your actions match your words and that you will keep the good support that you have shown the latest year for the op3/T. And that way show that you have learned from the errors of the past.

6. zoran81 Jelly Bean May 25, 2017

7. roopeshbhardwaj Ice Cream Sandwich May 25, 2017

8. Lancelot_69 KitKat May 25, 2017

Lancelot_69, May 25, 2017 :
    Thanks for the lecture. They promised people nougat for op2. I flash custom roms. Make a promise, keep a promise. End of discussion.

Rodo20, Rentiold, arthur248 and 22 others like this.
  9. meatandy Nougat May 25, 2017

meatandy, May 25, 2017 :
    Hey, Bud how have you been? Will the vehicle dash charger be compatible with the OP5? :D
    Additionally,
    Would you care to take a guess when Carl will officially visit the forum again?

TweakIt, kpmak, iNtEnSePL and 4 others like this.
  10. Serbian Overlord KitKat May 25, 2017

Serbian Overlord, May 25, 2017 :
    This.
    You nailed it. By discontinuing the phone, no more support. I'm fine with that because unlike most people, I always took OnePlus phones for what they are, throwaway phones after a year. OnePlus is KIA of phones. They pack a punch on the sheet with gimmicks but when it comes to longevity, reliability, support, warranty and resale value, they are garbage. I skipped OP2, OPX and OP3 and went from OPO to OP3T and in both cases knew that they'll be good for one year, anything after that is a bonus. The fact that CM supported OPO is the reason why my OPO lasted from August 2014 to January 2017. I only had October, November and December of 2016 that wasn't software supported but ZERO credit for that goes to OnePlus. That was a 100% CM affair. I knew going into OP3T that it would have the same faith as OP2 and OPX. So I know that my 3T might, just MIGHT see Android O. If it doesn't, oh well, after all, who buys KIA as a long term appliance?

11. IRSHAD.ABDULLAH Honeycomb May 25, 2017

IRSHAD.ABDULLAH, May 25, 2017 :

If this promise is not kept then I will buy Google Pixel device. Yes it will cost more but the best thing is the assurance of the regular software updates which Google devices get first. Peace of mind.

Rodo20, Terrano, arthur248 and 6 others like this.
  12. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator May 25, 2017

youbi, May 25, 2017 :
    I don't know how it is in your country, but personally I would love that Oneplus had the same support and warranty that KIA offers. :p :D Here in Portugal Kia offers 7 years of warranty. The closest that any brand gets from this is 5 years.

Regarding how the support of the op3t will be, we will have to wait and see, the promise is made, so better wait and see how it will actually be. ;)

pvilarinho, arthur248, Vilfy and 6 others like this.
  13. pcoventry Honeycomb May 25, 2017

pcoventry, May 25, 2017 :
    So flash or buy a newer device, 2 years is plenty for support

More than that! I just bought the dam thing and so will the people who buy the last stock be doing!

In 2 years time I will get a flagship. for now this will do.

Freedom Evans likes this.
  14. malidan Lollipop May 25, 2017

malidan, May 25, 2017 :
    What no price drop:eek: this is exactly the same scenario as when the 3T was launched.
    A total lack of information once again so people can make informed decision based on the cost of the two devices.
    It would seem once again OP proves they really don't listen to their customers

15. ganeshknr Ice Cream Sandwich May 25, 2017

ganeshknr, May 25, 2017 :
    Is it 2 years already??:rolleyes:

Till now the only stable and supposed bug free version of OOS for OP2 was 2.2.0. Any updates after that kept on degrading the performance or introducing new bugs. Is that what you call support???

If they had kept their promise and provided the nougat update to OP2 that they promised and fixed the HAL issues of OPX no person would be complaining.

16. Tobikage Marshmallow May 25, 2017

Tobikage, May 25, 2017 :
    They'll still claim otherwise anyway...

kpmak, willrof and pcoventry like this.
  17. JasonMR KitKat May 25, 2017

JasonMR, May 25, 2017 :
    7 years for KIA in the UK also.

As for the promise that was made, lets take another look at that...

That simply isn't good enough, it is so open to misinterpretation because there are no timescales specified whatsoever.

That could mean a month, or 6 months, or a year, heck, it could even mean two years, but guess what, OnePlus didn't make that promise so all's good.

Vilfy, Sam Nakamura, kpmak and 7 others like this.
  18. malidan Lollipop May 25, 2017

malidan, May 25, 2017 :
    You know I forgot all about the extra long screenshot thing;)
    Invaluable:D

19. ganeshknr Ice Cream Sandwich May 25, 2017

ganeshknr, May 25, 2017 :
    Dude seriously o_O BTW TL; DR :p

varma246 likes this.
  20. Yash Bhardwaj Jelly Bean May 25, 2017

Yash Bhardwaj, May 25, 2017 :
    They would only know which features are liked by people and nothing else since it has a sd835 adn adreno 540 which would require different drivers so they would have to wrote the codes from scratch.

varma246 and Dresa91 like this.